xp11.35 ctd with VNAV

Erich convair

Today I tried to do flight between LIPZ and LFPB. At one point before arriving in Pari, I decided to descent few thousand feet from my actual FL and activated VNAV after validating the new altitude and so one.

The system worked  but within minutes after reaching its new flightlevel, it CTD.

I redid the same flight and start playing with VNAV again and got the same result.

How to reproduce:

select a waypoint and set an altitude. WP turns blue as expected and countdown start.

within 5 minutes, activate the VNAV function and proceed.

the CTD happens within few minutes after reaching the new flight level.

For clarification, the system is not in APR mode.

xp1135_tbm.rar

So far I can’t get a CTD but got something else instead:

the first vnav changed worked as expected, all the next ones (4) didn’t got activated once the countdown reached zero. The vnav left scroll vanished and the vnav button switched off like it was executed but no FL changed...

i will redo the test tomorrow and recording a video. 

Thx

We're trying to figure out what's causing this error, but it's not easy when the error reads "SOMETHING reinstalled our exception handler..."

Ok, WHAT reinstalled your exception handler?

Anyway, one thing I've noticed is it is looking more and more likely to be associated, in some way, to AI traffic, and possibly some scenery and ground traffic.  And possibly all that could be coupled with the TBM's TCAS, which could be why it is isolated to the TBM.  Personally, I've never had an exception handler error, but then again, I don't have many plugins installed.  

Saso is trying to find out what is causing it and if he finds the problem, it'll be included in the next update, but in the meantime, the only thing we can recommend is removing all plugins (except Gizmo) and reloading the sim and testing.  Then add the plugins back, 1 at a time, reloading each time, to see when the error happens again.  That'll help us narrow it down.

4 hours ago, puffmtd said:

I'm having the same problem since  upgrading Xplane.

Log.txt

In your case, I would try removing the XJET plugin first and foremost.  Don't uninstall.  Just move it to your desktop and try the TBM again.  Let us know how you go.

Edited by Goran_M

So, here are the logs for the little experiment i made this morning. The first one is a base log without any traffic oriented plugin beside the XP11 one.

I installed X-life and got swamped with the handler errors, as shown on  the  xl logs. I couldn't have a CTD because XL didn't show much traffic and couldn't logs interesting data.

I switched back to LiveTraffic and activated the raw data dump and got a CTD.

Hope it helps :)

XPCTD with raw data-CTD.rar

XPTBM_NoIA.rar

XP after x-life.rar