X570 issue

brettnicholls

Hi all, just thought I would let you know that at present I am in the throws of upgrading my Xplane computer. Just doing some open board setup and trying to use a MSI 560 TI with a Gigabyte Aorus X570. This is not the card that will go in the final build but I found it won’t fit. At the bottom of the 560 TI towards the back is a VRM heatsink sitting proud so when you try to put it in, it hits the Chipset. I would say there would be a large percentage of chipsets that would cause this problem with this card. The card I will be using is a GTX 1080 and that fits fine. Chances of someone using this combination is probably low but I thought I would share it. 

I am using an AMD 3600 with 16 Gig of 3200 mhz of memory. For anyone that’s interested I will let you know, hopefully of a frame rate jump. Should be finished tomorrow. 

So the 3600 does make a difference, as expected, not earth shattering. However frame rates have increased from my Intel 2500k @ 4.8gig. I find that airports seem to gobble the most.

On the ground at KSEA looking forward from the default 172 I got 48 fps, on the runway ready for take off, I got 34fps then at 2000 feet I was getting 45fps. Flying over the city which is North of the airport FPS mainly stayed the same as over the country side. Odd times it does go up to 50fps but that could be viewing over water. Mainly I fly the TBM900 and still get  

mid 30's to low 40's. My CPU has the default 65 watt cooler on it. In the future I will install a better cooler and push it a little bit further. I am happy with my purchase.