CRJ Manuals are RELEASED!

there´s just one misunderstanding inside. German beer is not the Problem. You should know that they drink Äppelwoi  in Hessen, only there and really nowhere else in germany. Nobody else except the hessen understands why they drink it. Maybe that´s why you were worried about the Constitution of your Pal ;D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there´s just one misunderstanding inside. German beer is not the Problem. You should know that they drink Äppelwoi  in Hessen, only there and really nowhere else in germany. Nobody else except the hessen understands why they drink it. Maybe that´s why you were worried about the Constitution of your Pal ;D

LOL, absolutely spot on... :)

I'm up to page 35 in the tutorial and I must say, this is exactly the procedures that are used to fly the plane. New pilots spend hours and hours in Paper Trainers and workin with an FMS Simulator on a computer to get these procedures down, before they can go into the Level D Simulator and learn how to put it all together. Just practice, practice, practice and U will be able to do all this is a Heart Beat. It is so much FUN and worth the effort. "Fly Safely"

PS. I was a Check Airman and Type Rating Examiner on the CRJ, and will help anyway I can, just ask!!

I've finally been able to download them. Holy cow! Over 50 pages just for the tutorial! I'm shaking in my boots. Just how I like it, total confusion before you start to master it.

And a great thankyou to everyone for delaying release of her until my little trip away, so nice just for me!

So Jav, little Teo is not born yet? 'A bun in the oven' as we say in Oz? Best of luck and congrats, my Dylan is 5 and the most amazing thing ever happen to us, so magical. I can lend you our tons of Lego to make more planes :-).

Here he is after helping me make some muffins. Not much chance for the muffins to cool down! Very fast hands and mouth. Get used to it! All that is yours is theirs, and so be it.

d43d1f25.jpg

Bon appetit to little Dylan :)

"Important: If you want the CRJ fly correctly with autopilot modes, then don’t assign any axis to any trim mode (pitch, roll or heading).  To (Oops, better do;)  it with button pressing (as the real one) Also deactivate Random Failures and birds on equipment failures (and rendering for birds) to discart any malfunction on the CRJ if you find any.

If you don’t do this, the plane will try to catch the autopilot mode but the first control that is going to obey are the trim axis, and because if they are axis always are making inputs to the plane."

Is it sure that an input is always given or does it depend on the hardware? on my saitek x52 i have two wheels assigned for pitch and roll trim. especially pitch trim is very useful in some siuations, so i don´t wanna miss it. if you open Joystick settings it doesn´t seem like theres an input all the time. (?) Or would there be another workaround instead of deactivating it?

Granados, I had the same troubles with X52 and other aircraft. I had to reassign pitch and roll trim to a "tower" hat, because of conflicts. The axis bars in the sim may appear to be stationary, but in fact there is always a tiny bit of random fluctuation in signal coming form the potentiometers. Unfortunately, it's enough to "trip" custom autopilots and mess with flight - I've experienced sudden pitch up to 20-30o, when signal from the wheel peaked by like 0.005. Custom autopilot reset itself and the aircraft went aerobatic, when its flight controls jumped out of sudden, to the most inappropriate position.

For now, it's either not to use wheels for trim or build a subsystem into an autopilot plugin, that recognises such signal peaks and ignores them, while preserving full trim funcionality. Like a "deadzone" on a regular joystick axis.

Boooohooooo! No axis for trim?!? :-[

Well, then not gonna buy it. Pah!

Well the real CRJ doesn't have any wheel to pitch trim. It has two buttons (up and down) for that in the yoke, and you have to press to input pitch trim commands.

I know that lots of people (even me) have assigned that input to axis. It is more confortable. But in my joystick it gives little electric inputs on axis pitch trim, that and make the autopilot "jump" off, not only on this CRJ but also on others. So if you don't have the same problem you don't have to worry at all. But still is more realistic to asign two buttons to pitch trim.

I find it strange, that such a high end computer like a fmc isn't able to add distances.

The standard x-plane fmc always tells you how many miles you have to go to the waypoint

you have currently selected. Makes descend planning really easy.

Is this really not there in the real one, or just left out for a later update?

I find it strange, that such a high end computer like a fmc isn't able to add distances.

The standard x-plane fmc always tells you how many miles you have to go to the waypoint

you have currently selected. Makes descend planning really easy.

Is this really not there in the real one, or just left out for a later update?

CRJ Manual  Page 81 - look at the MFD picture and tell me what you see ;)

But are those really the additive nm?

When you have a look at tutorial page 42, Japo says that the values of the

leg page show the distance between every single waypoint. So from current

position to BENED it is a distance of 18NM, from BENED to PRADO 8NM, from

PRADO to CENTA 30NM.

Why would the MFD show different values than the FMC?

Nova, these indications are according to the Rockwell Collins FMS 4200 pilot manual. If you have sources indicating otherwise, please tell us.

I'm not claiming we are infallible, we are only as good as the manuals we got from our pilots.

Philipp

I'm not saying you did something wrong.

I just want to know if the distance on the MFD is additive or just like

the LEGS page where it tells you distances between the waypoints.

The tutorial says: distances between waypoints

RafalB says: distances on the MDF are added up

I just want to know if he is right, or not.

The manual doesn't say if the are summed up.

I'm not saying you did something wrong.

I just want to know if the distance on the MFD is additive or just like

the LEGS page where it tells you distances between the waypoints.

The tutorial says: distances between waypoints

RafalB says: distances on the MDF are added up

I just want to know if he is right, or not.

The manual doesn't say if the are summed up.

If I don't remember bad.. it is said on the manual (or the tutorial) that the MFD 4 lines are added up. Only on LEGS shows point to point.