CRJ Manuals are RELEASED!

Hi, All,

The CRJ manuals are now ready for your viewing, along with 33 new photos of the aircraft in the gallery!

You will also notice a new product line announcement titled: Take Command! More information about this is on the CRJ-200 page linked below, and a dedicated Take Command! page will be added shortly!

Please take note of the following:

There will be errors in spelling and grammar here. These were done by Javier (from Spain) and we have every intention to change these soon. That said, Javier's english is good enough to be able to interpret as well as enjoy just fine, and if you have any questions you can ask here! I actually enjoy reading a lot of Javier's work, so I hope you have just as much fun as well! :)

It is incredibly important that if you intend on purchasing this product that you read these manuals and learn how to fly this aircraft!

Thanks for the exciting times....25 hrs up without sleep, so it's my time to nap! ;)

You can get the manuals here: http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=68

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small note from me, while reading through the first one.

Not simulated systems should be red. The ADG is mentioned on page 30 to be not simulated,

while on the following page 31 middle of the first paragraph it's written in black, as if it were there.

For consistency it should/could be written in red too.

If all AC power is lost in flight, emergency AC power is provided automatically by a deployable air-driven generator (ADG).

The ADG system are not simulated.. so if you deploy nothing will be done.. so that is because are red... BUT you can manually put out the ADG so it is there.. Only maybe 3D animation.. but it is there.. so the ADG Manual control is in black. So working. On future we can make the ADG systems in black also.

Hmm, i'm a bit wondering about the formula you used to get the distance for the descend.

Page 42 of the tutorial:

Altitude Difference = 24,000 - 10,000 = 14,000 (we need descent 14,000 feet)

14,000/1,000 = 14

14 x 3 = 32

At first, it has to be 42NM :)

But i always calculated it differently, and yet i was always right to nearly perfection.

My formula is as followed: (Current FL - FL to reach) / 3 = NM needed

So in your example it would be (240-100)/3 = 46.67 NM

Nearly 5 NM difference is pretty huge, i would say.

A question regarding the nav data; is there an expired version included, and which nav data file should we be getting, the vasFMC one?

The CRJ is a separate package and will be provided by Navigraph as "JRollonPlanes - CRJ native format" starting from cycle 1105.

The plane will be shipped with a free copy of 1103. So not exactly THAT outdated.

Philipp

There´s a lot of work behind the manuals, but sometimes you need to have a special sense of humor to get through ;D Javier is a great programmer, but as you already said, the english is hard to read sometimes...  ::)

Just for fun i worked on the first page of the tutorial for a while, maybe the first impression is a little better without to much mistakes.

"It has been very hard to reach to this point, but finally we did it. After a lot of beta-testing we were able to write the manual and  we hope you like it.  Of Course - Everybody likes to sit in a pilots seat first, starting the engine and watching the skies. But it might be better if you read the Manuals in between to avoid misunderstandings - A common mistake in software developement is to mix up operating errors and bugs.

In this tutorial we are going to make a flight over Spain, that has been always a good country for tourism. So I would like to invite you. Of course - real colours might not be the same like in the simulator, but you will see more or less the shape of it. If you like  to visit me in Madrid in future, as Austin and Anton did, you´re welcome to explore. But first let´s do the virtual ride.

One of the first thing you need to do is installing Europe from the X-Plane DVD´s. Once you did, there are two airports we need for the flight- Salamanca and Valencia. You can fly from the default Airports, but you will have a better experience with Opensceneryx  (http://www.opensceneryx.com). Openscenery objects are necessary for Valencia airport, but you can use them for other airports as well. And now we are going to start the journey."

If you like it take it. Maybe it helps a bit. Or isn´t there anybody around with perfect english to help with the language and finish that thing...;)

Yes yes!! hahaha my english is always corrected by Cameron but this time I wanted Cameron to finish first the webpage and installer to let you have the CRJ 2 weeks before than if he would token a look over the manuals first.

But that is something needed to be done and will do to let all people have those good english wroten manuals.

But first is the plane.

Anyway.. hope you can understand it, and make you a clear idea which systems are simulated and not.

my english isn´t perfect as well, don´t care to much. but with a little fantasy i´m able to read your´s as well;) for the beginning it´s probably ok - sometimes its even nice to read cause you gave it a personal touch.

Yes that is something you loose when you  translate or correct. I know there are words that are not well said, or sentences not well constructed, but if Cameron can correct my english without loosing my bad jokes, then perfect!! hahaha

The other say on TV I heared that there is a new language comming out. It is the english spoken from non-english people. At the end we are more number than the ones that speaks the good english!! so... which one is correct??? hahahhaa.. joking! (but about that language is true!)

my english isn´t perfect as well, don´t care to much. but with a little fantasy i´m able to read your´s as well;) for the beginning it´s probably ok - sometimes its even nice to read cause you gave it a personal touch.

Yes that is something you loose when you  translate or correct. I know there are words that are not well said, or sentences not well constructed, but if Cameron can correct my english without loosing my bad jokes, then perfect!! hahaha (...)

exactly! :)

Hmm, i'm a bit wondering about the formula you used to get the distance for the descend.[..]

Two sources, that I have, support method as described in the CRJ tutorial. By the way, "3" factor is used for calculating last possible, reasonable TOD. You can use a factor of "5" to calculate the earliest reasonable TOD, anything in between could also be valid. It all depends on winds aloft, use smaller numbers for headwinds and larger for tailwinds.

"Reasonable" in this context means fast enough for ATC purposes and slow enough for passengers' ears comfort - aircraft may be pressurised, but the cabin altitude also changes along with outside altitude.

There is also a matter of GS and VS during descend, as they have to be correlated with themselves and distance from TOD to level off point (or airport). To find VS, multiply GS by 5* and you'll get feet per minute value. For example, I was flying yesterday in x737 at 440 knots TAS, but thanks to headwind of 50 knots, GS was actually 390 knots and the VS for descend was 1950 fpm.

* EDIT: multiply GS by 5, if you've calculated TOD with a factor of "3". If you've used a factor of "5", multiply GS by 3.33 for obtaining VS instead. So, if I wanted yesterday to perform "long descend", I would have used ~1300fpm. For other combinations, archaic E6B flight computer does the job :)

I was able to get about thirty pages read in the morning and I'm about to read some more soon after I get a few things done. Well done, Javier! I love your humor in there. It makes it even more fun to read. It also makes me even more excited about your ACF as well. :) I have no doubt that it will be the best add on for X-Plane by far. The new standard you're about to set for aircraft will push other developers to work harder and put out better quality aircraft that focus on systems. I keep seeing aircraft with great looks, but generic systems. I can't wait until I get into the skies with her.... ;)

Curious, does the real FMC support any VNAV functionality? If not, what is the usual descent mode/profile? I'm sure it's in the 3rd manual. Just curious.

Quoting Philipp from a previous thread: What you can't do is put VNAV on and leave the plane while fetching coffee.

The real CRJ FMS has only very limited advisory capabilities, and they are, as the naming suggests, only advice, never carried out by the plane itself in an automatic way.

For version 1.0 we have omitted this in the FMC, as it's value is minimal and we'd like to get this aircraft released. It's definitely on the consideration table for the future depending how well the CRJ performs.