Hot Start TBM 900 Disable mixture and prop

LuisEnrique

I have made a series of test before I came to the conclusion that this airplane is the cause.

In a new install where the only extra was the installation of this airplane:

After flying the airplane the mixture and prop lever from my G Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System throttle quadrant stoped working.

I am wondering if someone else is having this problem and have find a solution.

Thanks.

Yes I did. Although (may be I have not explained the problem well enough) the problem is not with the TBM. All of the other airplanes are affected.

This are the steps of my test.

-New installation of X-plane 11.

-All airplanes are working properly.

-Install TBM.

-All airplanes are still working.

-Flight the TBM.

- I loose the ability to set the  mixture and/or prop via G Saitek PRO throttle quadrant.

The TBM will not overwrite anything from other add ons or the sim itself.  It does run outside the sim in some cases (engine parameters, ground handling, etc...), but it won't affect what the sim does to other add ons.  Once you load another aircraft, the TBM, and it's code, is no longer running.

When you say you lose abaility to set mixture, do you mean you have to "recalibrate" your hardware for the mixture?

Are you running some kind of script (FlywithLUA)?

When you say you lose abaility to set mixture, do you mean you have to "recalibrate" your hardware for the mixture?

I am able to use the mixture with the mouse but not with quadrant hardware.

So far I have not been able to make it work after it fails. Recalibrating, unplugging and/or rebooting. I have tried most combinations and I cannot make it work.

I just install a new copy and start from 0. (which it got old rather quickly.)

Are you running some kind of script (FlywithLUA)?

No I am not. I am have not installed any plugin.

No I do not have  joystick profile assigned for every other airctaft other than the TBM?

it is a vainilla installation of X-Plane 11 

12 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Could you please post a log.txt file after running the TBM?  I'm suspecting something might be wrong with your hardware, but I need to make sure.

I will, I just need to get back home.

Can you send me a log file with just the sim and the TBM installed, and the TBM loaded?

That is it. It is installed and the TMB works perfectly but the Carenado Centurion and any other airplane mixture and prop does not.

I am going to do the same test this time I will not installed the C210 from Carenado and then I'll post the log.

thanks.

I'm at a bit of a loss on this one.  I've run every kind of test I could on my machine, and cannot duplicate this behaviour.  Luis, try what Ch. Cole suggested and post back.  The only other thing I can think of as a solution is to delete the contents of your preferences folder, and re-assign everything, but that's a last resort.

8 hours ago, Ch.Cole said:

Just an idea. What happens if you safe a seperate profile for the TBM in the controls? Maybe that would solve the problem. I had a similar issue, and that solved it.

Hi Ch,

can you please elaborate a bit more on your Idea? At which point do you suggest I save the profile? Steps to illustrate your idea, I think it would help me.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, LuisEnrique said:

Once you delete the file and solve the problem save it as a new profile for the TBM900 and that way always will use that profile.

That is how I solved the problem in my case.

I did that and I will see what happens next time. But obvisously the TBM900 is writing something into the joystick preferences file. It shouldn't do that.