I can't start the plane !

FrenchPilot

Just now, Goran_M said:

You can post a log and I'll take a look.

If you install a fresh copy of X-Plane, it will not install OrbX.  OrbX has it's own installer.

Where do I get this log?

I just used the control panel in windows to uninstall.  Then deleted the TBM folder.  Now I’m installing it again.

Then I’ll test it with my existing XP, if it doesn’t work then the next step is a new copy of XP.

But how do I install two TBM’s in XP?  One in each I mean?

log.txt is found in your root X-Plane folder

When you install the 2nd TBM, just point the installer to the other X-Plane folder.  Make sure the X-Plane folder is labelled differently or is on a different hard drive.

Edited by Goran_M

6 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

log.txt is found in your root X-Plane folder

When you install the 2nd TBM, just point the installer to the other X-Plane folder.  Make sure the X-Plane folder is labelled differently or is on a different hard drive.

Looks like I have no choice now.  This is getting ridiculous.  I reinstalled it and no matter what I do when I hit the starter switch that prop doesn’t budge. Not one thing has changed since last week, all I did was paint my office and come back to the same PC, and this PC is only for swimming, nothing else, ever.  Will post the log in a few minutes and am going to try a new XP install.  

2 hours ago, JackSwyr said:

All of a sudden it wouldn’t start so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still wouldn’t start till I used a GPU.  And now I’m flying with CAS messages LOW VOLTAGE and MAIN GEN.  But on the ground I had all like new.

That is because you most likely left the source selector at "GPU" position instead of switching to "BATT" after disconnecting the GPU. 

1 minute ago, Goran_M said:

If the prop isn’t budging, it’s because you have no power going to the starter. Have you watched the included tutorial to make sure you haven’t missed a step?

Yes, but I’ve started this plane a hundred times at least, it’s the only one I ever use in XP.  I have a lot of real world experience with aircraft, this makes no sense at all.  I’m finally able to install the TBM into the new fresh XP.

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

You can post a log and I'll take a look.

If you install a fresh copy of X-Plane, it will not install OrbX.  OrbX has it's own installer.

It works fine in the fresh install and works in the old one too.  No idea what happened.  No way they can be linked is there?

Just recently purchased this aircraft and experienced the same issue. NG temps were low but could not get ITT above 10%,. Twice I tried dry motoring for 10 seconds and immediately switching to abort with no success. Checked maintenance and found no issues there. As Erich states above, creating a new airframe resulted in a normal start.