I can't start the plane !

FrenchPilot

I have the same exact issue.  I have started this plane a hundred times.  All of a sudden it wouldn’t start so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still wouldn’t start till I used a GPU.  And now I’m flying with CAS messages LOW VOLTAGE and MAIN GEN.  But on the ground I had all like new.

Sorry to add my problems as I didn’t know if I shout start the same topic.

Just now, JackSwyr said:

Just did ten seconds ago, 100% of everything is green, new.  Even replaced the starter, nothing.  All of a sudden with no changes to X-Plane it won’t start.

Do you have any scripts running that could be interfering with the start procedure?  

I just loaded the TBM 10 minutes ago, and engines started without issue.  (11.34 btw.  DO NOT use the beta.  If you do use the beta, any beta of X-Plane, do so at your own risk and expect problems.)

3 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Do you have any scripts running that could be interfering with the start procedure?  

I just loaded the TBM 10 minutes ago, and engines started without issue.  (11.34 btw.  DO NOT use the beta.  If you do use the beta, any beta of X-Plane, do so at your own risk and expect problems.)

Not one thing has changed for me.  I have 11.34r1, never use the beta, and I don’t ever use LUA.

I'm honestly stumped.  The only other thing I can think of, is to install the TBM into a bare installation of X-Plane, freshly installed, no plugins or scenery, and test.  If it works in that one, then the problem is definitely in the original X-Plane install.

20 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I'm honestly stumped.  The only other thing I can think of, is to install the TBM into a bare installation of X-Plane, freshly installed, no plugins or scenery, and test.  If it works in that one, then the problem is definitely in the original X-Plane install.

When I re-ran XP I saw that I have two TBM’s now, one I can select and one with a ?.  So I clicked on the one with a ? And told it to regenerate icons and it locked up XP.  I had tow quit it with the task manager.  This was just working last week.  Not one thing has changed.  I am loathe to create a new XP as I have no idea how, will it interfere with my current XP as I have all of Orbx’s scenery in it.

Ok, my suggestion is to first uninstall the TBM, then delete all TBM folders in your Aircraft/X-Aviation folder.  But only delete the folders AFTER uninstalling.  You should definitely not have 2 TBM folders, then reinstall a fresh TBM.
Next, you are perfectly safe to install as many copies of X-Plane as you wish on the same PC.  I have 3 on my machine.  But keep this one as a testing installation of sorts, as long as you have the HDD space.  As long as you don't install any other scenery or aircraft into it, you'll be fine.  I'm not sure how other developers DRM works, but seeing as a bare X-Plane installation would only be used as a testing platform, it wouldn't matter.  

Of course, this is all up to you whether you want to go down this road, but keep in mind, it will help, not just us, but many other developers, in diagnosing potential problems, as many problems arise from plugin conflicts.

Edited by Goran_M

2 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Ok, my suggestion is to first uninstall the TBM, then delete all TBM folders in your Aircraft/X-Aviation folder.  But only delete the folders AFTER uninstalling.  You should definitely not have 2 TBM folders, then reinstall a fresh TBM.
Next, you are perfectly safe to install as many copies of X-Plane as you wish on the same PC.  I have 3 on my machine.  But keep this one as a testing installation of sorts, as long as you have the HDD space.  As long as you don't install any other scenery or aircraft into it, you'll be fine.  I'm not sure how other developers DRM works, but seeing as a bare X-Plane installation would only be used as a testing platform, it wouldn't matter.  

Of course, this is all up to you whether you want to go down this road, but keep in mind, it will help, not just us, but many other developers, in diagnosing potential problems, as many problems arise from plugin conflicts.

I’ll try this after what I’m doing now, I ran the installer and am having it scan files.  First I removed two plugins, now I’m running the XP installer because XP was not even starting any longer.

I will try your suggestions if the scanning and replacing files does not work.  I say this because before XP stopped responding but before it did I saw only one iteration of the TBM and no ? On the icon.

No matter what I do it won’t start.  Even when I tell it to bring the plane up with engines running.  Is there some kind of log I can send?

I’m going to uninstall via the Windows Control Panel and delete the folders as you suggest and try again.

Then if that doesn’t work I’ll try to install a fresh copy but I have no idea if that will automatically install Orbx’s scenery.