Navigraph Support for MFD Charts?

2Fat2Fly

Hello Hot Start staffs!

If I remember correctly, Navigraph support for MFD charts was one of the planned features announced in the pre-launch FAQs. However after so many updates, it seems that the feature is no longer mentioned, neither is it implemented.

I know I could access Navigraph charts via the AviTab intergration on the tablet. But currently it was so hard to read due to the resolution issue, and the fact that the tablet is fixed to the yoke. The ability to read Navigraph charts on the MFD is still expected.

So I would like to ask if the MFD Navigraph charts support is still planned, or is it replaced by the AviTab integration?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

2Fat2Fly

@2Fat2Fly... It's there and has been from release as far as I remember correctly. 

When the MFD is powered on and on map mode look in the bottom right hand corner. You'll see three active softkeys... "DCLT-x", "SHW CHRT" and "CHKLST". Click the SHW CHRT softkey and it will bring you to the charts section. From there you just enter in the ICAO code of the airfield(US only) you want to bring up and the G1000 will download it and display it. You can also choose from any available information and a small weather readout as well using a few other softkeys that become active.

TBM900 - 2019-06-30 16.46.12.png

TBM900 - 2019-06-30 16.46.17.png

3 hours ago, ChefRob said:

@2Fat2Fly... It's there and has been from release as far as I remember correctly. 

AFAIK the only supported chart service is autorouter, not Navigraph. And there comes the limitation:

3 hours ago, ChefRob said:

(US only)

As a Navigraph subscriber who prefers Jeppesen chart format and almost never flies into US airspace, I would love to have Navigraph charts on the MFD. It would greatly improve the flying experience for many users in the same situation IMHO :/.

@2Fat2Fly Sorry for the delay in delivering this feature. Navigraph charts support is absolutely in our TODO for the MFD. The AviTab solution was just an interim "quick fix" until I have time to sit down and crunch through the complexities of the Navigraph integration API. However, rest assured, we will be adding it.

• Like 8

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/13/2022 at 6:16 AM, Sleepy81 said:

Know your all focusing on the CL650, but just want to confirm that Navigraph will be in the TBM900 soon? I.e still on the roadmap for updates. Just bought the TBM today and was a bit surprised that Navigraph was not supported on the MFD. (My bad really for not researching it) :)

Once things die down for the 650, we'll take a look at the TBM again.  We'll likely roll the update into XP12 only.  Not 100% certain on that yet, but if that does happen, we'll look at implementing navigraph into it then.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...