Synthetic Vision - TBM 900

dbw11

• Integrated Synthetic Vision into the PFD with obstacle display, navigation pathways, airport labels and TAWS-B integration

Been through the manuals and may have missed it...But how do I access it? Also, how do I select the weather radar? I have rw time on the G1000 but finding it here is escaping me. Any assistance would be great. If I have missed it in the manuals I apologize in advance.......Thanks.

Dave

You can find it in the real Garmin G1000 pilots guide. 

For Synthetic Vision press the PFD softkey, then press the SYN VIS softkey, then enable all that stuff :) (PATHWAY, SYN TERR, HRZN HDG, APTSIGNS) 

For the weather radar you need to navigate to the radar page, press the MODE softkey and then either put it in standby mode or start with weather or ground mode right away. 

Thanks Rob. Got the synthetic vision working and it's pretty good.

I can't find the radar selection...it's been 3+ years since I flew the Garmin 1000 and I simply can't remember. if you'd guide me I'd be grateful. I tried multiple combinations of soft keys but simply my throwing darts did not hit the right square, LOL. Thanks.

Dave

You need to bring up the weather radar page on the MFD first. Turn the FMS navigation knob (inner knob) located on the MFD keypad until the radar page is displayed. On that page you will see the MODE softkey and can go on. :)

Edited by RobW05