Gizmo hangs and breaks after clicking console button (was TBM hangs XP)

admroz

I've just bought TBM900, started with introduction tutorial, everything perfect. I was listening to the tutorial, moved mouse around, gizmo's sidebar appeard and from unknown reason I clicked on "console" button. Simulator hanged, I had to kill it and I cannot make TBM work again.

I read some posts on this forum with similar issue but cannot find working solution. Here is what I did and what happens:

1. After first restart I had "flight recovery" popup. I cannot click neither Yes nor No as XP simply hanged. I had to kill XP again.
  2. I read that it might be caused by multimonitor setup. I turned off my second monitor, run XP in fullscreen mode - the same happend. Cannot click. It just hangs!
    2019-05-27.jpg.74e653e6bdf41a16879ed7e03cdacaff.jpg

3. Then I read that it may have something to do with drivers, so I updated nvidia drivers, nothing changed. Still cannot run TBM.
  4. I uninstalled TBM, removed "Gizmo64.plugin" from plugins folder, removed "output/TBM900", run installer again. Still cannot run TBM, it hangs on load and what I can see is something like cockpit inside cockpit.
    image.thumb.png.e389f6953f113e597ffc6eaf1c876da0.png

5. I removed all plugins other than gizmo - no success.
  6. I tried other aircraft without gizmo - they work.
  7. I tried TBM without gizmo and surprise - of course it doesn't work, but it also does not hang simulator, I could click Yes/No on flight recovery popup and there are no glitches and even one instrument started up.
    2019-05-27.png.735c3482f8a7e6eb372cc3e29eb66dc7.png

8. I started to suspect that it is gizmo failure, not TBM. So I tried to start IXEG 733 and it also hangs XP! Now I cannot use any aircraft that runs on gizmo?

Any ideas? Can I clean anything more to have fresh start with TBM? Kind of gizmo cache or something like that? Attached are my log files.

Log.txt 

TBM900_Log.txt

Thanks!
Adam

Goran, thank you for quick answer! I tried again as you suggested, but it doesn't help. I tried it already and even more, please read my original post (I know, it's long :)).

Currently the most suspicious is Gizmo as I observe the same behavior with other Gizmo aircraft - IXEG and LES Saab, XP just hangs after loading aircraft. Maybe there is a problem with file access rights? Tomorrow I should get new hard drive and I'm going to move my XP installation to D: drive, maybe it will solve this issue...

Today I made quick test installing TBM as administrator, temporarily disabled antivirus, still not working. I'm out of ideas...

This is definitely not normal, as there are many people who are able to run the TBM, as well as other Gizmo equipped aircraft without issue.  The only other thing I can think of is you have an older version of Gizmo installed.  When you get your new drive, try re-installing the TBM, which will install the current version of Gizmo, and see if it works.

Yes, I did this, too. Before reinstalling TBM I removed gizmo from plugins folder. Then the TBM installer added gizmo to plugins folder, so I assume in current (proper) version. 

I've found in other threads that I should remove license_db and marker.1 files from X-Plane/X-Aviation folder, but unfortunately I don't have such files.

I got it!!!!

In the yet another thread I found that I could try to remove Output/preferences/gizmo_prefs.txt file. I did it and it started to work! I could even click on Yes/No Flight Recovery buttons! Magic!

It looks that when I initially clicked on "console" button in gizmo it somehow corrupted prefs file and then gizmo was unable to start. For your reference I'm attaching my corrupted and working gizmo_prefs files. It looks that gizmo doesn't like 4K or multimonitor setups.

Adam

gizmo_prefs_corrupted.txt

gizmo_prefs_ok.txt

• admroz changed the title to Gizmo hangs and breaks after clicking console button (was TBM hangs XP)