Charts: No Freq.

Tony123

Yes, I noticed after the update but just now getting around to letting you know.

I tried about 30 airports from east cost to west then up north, south, KORD, KSTL. KIND, KSPI, all no freg, and then I tried KSEA and they show up on that one.  I tried some more with no luck.

Tony 

Can you check if you can find the following file in your X-Plane install?

Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/apt.dat

This is the file that the frequencies are read from. Also check if you have any other scenery installed that might be covering said airports. The frequency loader uses your custom scenery load ordering and it catches the first occurrence of the airport. If the first occurrence is missing frequency information, it will be missing from the charts display as well. apt.dat files are actually text fiels, albeit somewhat large ones. Something like Notepad++ should be able to open them and search inside of them. When you open an apt.dat file, first look for a line that contains the airport identifier. The Global Airports apt.dat file should contain a line like:

1    604 1 0 KSTL St Louis Lambert Intl

That means that lines following it are defining airport features for the St Louis airport. In the standard Global Airports apt.dat file, after the KSTL line, you should be able to find lines starting with values 1050 through 1056. Those lines define frequencies:

1050 125025 ATIS
1051 122950 UNICOM
1052 119500 CLNC DEL
1053 121900 ST LOUIS GND
1053 121650 ST LOUIS GND
...etc...

If those are not there, or another instances of the KSTL airport is higher in the custom scenery load order (which lacks these lines), that will mean they won't appear in the charts display.

Probably the easiest method to try and fix this is to temporarily move all custom scenery you added out of the "Custom Scenery" folder and backing up your scenery_packs.ini file (move it out of there as well). That will force X-Plane to re-generate the scenery packs INI file with just the stock custom scenery installed. If that helps, try looking inside your added custom scenery if you can find an apt.dat that defines another KSTL that might have over-ridden the stock one.

Ok I see the lines listed just as you have them in the apt.dat for KSTL.

Moved custom scenery out including the ini file and let X plane re-build it.  I have attached what I believe to be the default ini file. and a pic of the folder.  It still does not work.  Definitely looks like some errors in the log on over lapping freg, not sure what it means.

Tony 

scenery_packs.ini

folder.jpg

Log.txt

I think this is definitely one for the Laminar guys to look into.  The Garmin is meant to be reading the frequencies from the apt.dat file, which we have no control over.

Can you try contacting Laminar and asking them what could be a possible solution?  Show them the same image you posted here, as well as the log file.