"INVALID ENTRY" when putting ZFW in FMS

voleo

Hi,

I have just bought your airplane and I am very frustrated. Every time I try to program the FMC on the PERF INIT PAGE, when I want to enter the ZFW, I get the message "INVALID ENTRY". This is VERY annoying and frustrating. I have read the manuals, watch tutorials but I don't understand what is going on. I disabled the only LUA pluggin I have and it didn't change anything. I uninstalled reinstalled the aircraft, no change.

I set my aircraft in KG. Use the weight from the "ground operation".

My x-plane version is : 11.32

My B733 version is 1.21

I am running WINDOWS 10 64

I have Active Sky SP and XVision

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Please find a quick video for illustration:

Hi Seb,

no worries - there is a lot to learn!

But incidentially this "bug" was a feature - the entry fields in the FMS very often have a "built-in plausibility check". So the FMS can catch some simple input errors, like putting in "45" instead of "145" into the V-speed fields, etc. Stuff like that happens all the time - while everyone thinks that pilots are highly concentrated, always well rested and 100% focused on the task at hand...well, it isn´t always so. :mellow:

Cheers, Jan

Hey Jan,

I totally agree!  I am a real world pilot (ppl) and even at my level I realised that 99% of the time... the human is wrong... not the machine. So it's better to have this kind of system. Thanks for that level realism! You got me from frustrated to super excited !

One note though: what could be an ehnancement for future release is to simply "block" the sliders in the preflight module when one goes above the max allowed ZFW weight. This could limit confusion... but that's just me being picky. 

Keep up the good work!

Seb

• Like 1

Hi Seb,

we intentionally allow exceeding the weight - because we want people to be able to do "what if" scenarios! What if the loaders put in a lot more cargo than whats on the loadsheet? How would the plane handle?

These things have happened, and we want our users be able to intentionally exceed certified weights - but we also want the FMS to behave like the real one does. So you can make your plane too heavy - but you can´t put those weights into the FMS. Just like it would happen in reality.

Cheers, Jan