BetterPushback
MaxxFX
RealSimGear
RealWeatherConnector
rxpGTN
SilverLining(SkyMaxxPro)
TerrainRadar

Flight with 10 AI planes active

Flight route (KVNY/16R WLKKR3 COREZ DCT MAKRS DCT TROXX SILCN4 KSJC/12R)

Flight completed successfully !

Next step.. testing with Livetraffic.

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Log090819.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

new X-Plane with no Ortho and following plugins

AviTab
BetterPushback
Livetraffic
MaxxFX
RealSimGear
RealWeatherConnector
rxpGTN
SilverLining(SkyMaxxPro)
TerrainRadar

Flight with 10 AI planes active

Flight route (KSJC/30R TECKY3 EBAYE DCT AVE FERN7 KVNY/16R)

Flight crashed before reaching crz alt.

Next step - Removing Livetraffic and adding Ortho!

Cheers

Log090819-2.txt

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have the Real Sim Gear setup, but I'm guessing you want 2 individually working PFD's.  If this is the case, the default G1000, which is being used as a base to the G1000 in the TBM, doesn't allow for 2 separately working PFD's.  SO what you get on 1 of them, is the same as what you get on the other one.

The possibility to position the second PFD inside cockpit builder file would be really necessary for everybody building a full scale cockpit, no matter if it displays as the same information as PFD1.

So +1 from me, need that too ;-)

Cheers,

Bernhard.

What I did was I bought an HDMI splitter so now PFD1 Mirrors PFD2, it also frees one GPU output which is good since it will allow to connect the small horizontal monitor(sorry I forgot the name).

Now one output for the PFD1(and mirroring PFD2)

One output for the MFD

one output for the small horizontal screen

one output for XP11 scenery.

it has worked well.

Ultimately it would be great to work the PFD independently , I’m not sure if the real aircraft does.

lots more work and building required...

thank you

B3918EC3-C572-4B6B-B51A-8D6EA32CA023.jpeg

Jason1970, looks like a nice setup - I am building a similar one, but bought my GDU1040a and the GDU1500 from a different vendor, where it is backlit. How did you do your panel? Is it simply painted wood? I am thinking of ordering a lasercut aluminium one. How did you do the visuals? I am currently working on a replica of the standby instrument which should work as real as it gets.

Cheers,

Bernhard.

Hello,

nice to hear!

the main panel is done from wood and has a 2mm black acrylic over it for finishing .

i bought the RealSimGear G1000 units but a bit disappointed on the back lit, I was indeed aware but I bought them regardless. Simionics do the bezel and iPad which does work well and they backlit. My mistake there but still good units.

making good progress so far, connecting the AP panel now, FMC keypad ready and working and so are many lower panels.

will show you photos once I get this running :

thank you

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alicia_Rz said:

Hello.

I've just purchased the airplane but in the .zip folder there is not Linux installer, just the windows .exe and MAC OSX. How can I install this on my Ubuntu Machine?

Thank you

When I've downloaded 1.1.9 in the past there was a different directory structure containing a `TBM900-linux-x64-installer.run` file. 

image.png.19e2ef14acd045ab44ff758aa28229fe.png

I've just downloaded it this morning it almost looks like an automated build pipeline may not have finished but has bundled the artifacts and published them anyway.

image.png.d99208659adb367171cb6b582e8765d6.png

Kind regards BT

1 hour ago, boredtechie said:

When I've downloaded 1.1.9 in the past there was a different directory structure containing a `TBM900-linux-x64-installer.run` file. 

image.png.19e2ef14acd045ab44ff758aa28229fe.png

I've just downloaded it this morning it almost looks like an automated build pipeline may not have finished but has bundled the artifacts and published them anyway.

image.png.d99208659adb367171cb6b582e8765d6.png

Kind regards BT

Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for your answer.

This being just the installer. Running it using Wine let me open the .exe installer. I just want to know if this is safe to do it because I know that the addon uses Gizmo that is a very strict anti-piracy DRM and I don't want to block my account because of using Wine to download and install the plane on my Ubuntu machine. Or it will better if someone can just share the Linux installer here otherwise i will have to wait who knows how long to get an official answer from my ticket.

Thank you again

edit: I installed using Wine and everything seems to be working fine. Anyway, this is just a workaround and not a fix to this critical issue. I will be still waiting for  an official answer regarding this issue that affects all of the GNU/linux community.

Screenshot from 2019-11-09 11-10-25.png

Edited by Alicia_Rz

21 hours ago, Alicia_Rz said:

Exactly my thoughts. Thank you for your answer.

This being just the installer. Running it using Wine let me open the .exe installer. I just want to know if this is safe to do it because I know that the addon uses Gizmo that is a very strict anti-piracy DRM and I don't want to block my account because of using Wine to download and install the plane on my Ubuntu machine. Or it will better if someone can just share the Linux installer here otherwise i will have to wait who knows how long to get an official answer from my ticket.

Thank you again

edit: I installed using Wine and everything seems to be working fine. Anyway, this is just a workaround and not a fix to this critical issue. I will be still waiting for  an official answer regarding this issue that affects all of the GNU/linux community.

Screenshot from 2019-11-09 11-10-25.png

Gizmo only runs under Mac or Windows X-Plane.

If you use the windows installer to grab the files and then start Linux X-Plane, Gizmo will never have run.

You should be fine.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic