TBM 900 v1.1.9 Update Released!

Cameron

Well after a couple trips with v1.1.9 all is great! Hats off to the Hotstart Team :)

I even like the addition of the GPU rental charge for $50 in keeping with the realism, and I'm even more happy that I'm not paying for my Jet A+Prist every time I fuel for a trip.

On second thought, I haven't received my credit card statement for this month....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, DwightP980 said:

Well after a couple trips with v1.1.9 all is great! Hats off to the Hotstart Team :)

I even like the addition of the GPU rental charge for $50 in keeping with the realism, and I'm even more happy that I'm not paying for my Jet A+Prist every time I fuel for a trip.

On second thought, I haven't received my credit card statement for this month....:lol:

That could be one nice upgrade for 1.2 version since the fuel its not coming cheap these days..

2 hours ago, jvp89 said:

That could be one nice upgrade for 1.2 version since the fuel its not coming cheap these days..

And the fuel costs at different airports varies wildly.  Small airports have it down about $4...the big fancy ones have it up in the $8 range.  

• Like 1

Hello,

thnx for perfect Update, especially Tow manual procedure :) perfect thing, also ground handling is much better now. I'll test this version, still with XP11.32r2 and ok, in case of my only reinstalled Exception Handler problems I will report this. In near future will update XP to 11.33 probably but will do Backup of course. Great work!

OM-ICO

Edited by Ico

On 5/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, Gregg Seipp said:

And the fuel costs at different airports varies wildly.  Small airports have it down about $4...the big fancy ones have it up in the $8 range.  

That could be too much, perhaps more easy set Would be making a standard price for international, regional, county, principal, and small fields. Just a thought..

:)

• 5 weeks later...

The co-owner of Foreflight, who owns a TBM 900, worked very closely with us throughout the development of this add on. To see his YouTube videos, just do a search for “Jason Miller TBM 900”. He has videos of the add on and his real world aircraft. 

On 6/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, Goran_M said:

The co-owner of Foreflight, who owns a TBM 900, worked very closely with us throughout the development of this add on. To see his YouTube videos, just do a search for “Jason Miller TBM 900”. He has videos of the add on and his real world aircraft. 

I watched his video.  At some point in it he said that he'd never had a hot start in the real plane.  I was astonished by that.  I *always* shut it down properly but I've had quite a number of hot starts in the sim and dry motoring has, maybe, worked once and I generally only get them cleared out if I wear out the starter and replace it which takes about 4 or 5 attempts if I recall.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm following the checklist.  I figured I'd research it further at some point but,  I haven't yet.  To be honest, and I hate to say it, it's been hangared for quite a while now.  If I'm lucky I get, maybe, a couple of hours at a time to sim a couple times a week and I don't want to spend forty-five minutes of it dealing with those kinds of maintenance problems.  

On 4/28/2019 at 1:56 PM, malenca said:

Thank you by the update...

Unfortunately didn't fix the rain effects problem on Mac and/or the AoA. Still the same as long time back.

Once rain effect is active simulator freezes and when using (trying) AoA FPS drops to 5 or less.

Hello,

I have the same issues, 5-7 FPS on Mac running with eGPU Nvidia GTX1070, even on clear sky. All my other planes working well so I fly them at 25-50FPS with a settings: HDR, scenery shadows, textures high.

I found out that low FPS only for TBM900 is caused by HDR rendering in graphics setting. I tried set non HDR (one step back on slider in settings) and I got 45-55FPS. But this setting (HDR turned off) is not acceptable to me due to the cost of the TBM900 product.

@Cameron Thank you for the amazing plane, but please fix the tragic FPS in HDR settings to make the product worth it!

Edited by radospanny

2 hours ago, radospanny said:

Hello,

I have the same issues, 5-7 FPS on Mac running with eGPU Nvidia GTX1070, even on clear sky. All my other planes working well so I fly them at 25-50FPS with a settings: HDR, scenery shadows, textures high.

I found out that low FPS only for TBM900 is caused by HDR rendering in graphics setting. I tried set non HDR (one step back on slider in settings) and I got 45-55FPS. But this setting (HDR turned off) is not acceptable to me due to the cost of the TBM900 product.

@Cameron Thank you for the amazing plane, but please fix the tragic FPS in HDR settings to make the product worth it!

Can you post your log.txt file as well as a screenshot of your render settings?
That kind of jump in fps is not normal, and I suspect something else is going on.

3 hours ago, PilotNuts said:

AFAIK X-Plane doesn't support eGPU. Try using onboard GPU and see what the performance difference is.

I found the problem myself.

I solved it by removing the RealView 1.1.1 plugin. I removed all plugins and gradually added them back. Now I have 28-45 FPS on TBM900. Will you @PilotNuts or @Goran_M contact RealView author @EgorHST to resolve this incompatibility for future versions of TBM900 / RealView?

Note: The problem is not with eGPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Having problems with the new release of TBM 900,

I reloaded both my xplane 11 (thought I had a beta version).. I didn't

Reloaded TBM many times thought I had corrupted files.

It Loads but I notice that on the plugins the TMB900 is disabled and I can use the mouse to recheck it on.

Anyway, the plane loads but none of the switched work and I have a permanent tow bar attached which can't be removed by the side menu as it is missing as well.

Tried the window version still no luck.. reverted back to default monitor and still no luck..

Am I missing something?

I'm new at this..but have flown real planes for many years.. this is getting tiring.

Thanks

Log.txt

The only reason the TBM wouldn't work in this situation (switches not working and permanent GPU attached), from what I can see, is some kind of activation issue.  

Are you sure it's activated properly?

Edited by Goran_M

Can you confirm that after you extracted the contents of the zip file, was there an aircraft folder in the zip file or was there an installer/installers?  Asking because you mentioned you placed the contents of the zip file into the X-Plane folder.

Edited by Goran_M

The downloaded zip file was called TBM_900_v1.1.9  size 14,477KB

when I click on it it makes a file folder called  TBM 900 v1.1.9

when I click on it it makes 3 file installers only.

TBM 900-linux-x64-installer.run  (presumably a linux installer)

TBM 900-osx-installer.dmg  ( pesumably a MAC(apple OS) installer)

and

TBM900-windows-installer .... This is the one I use.

When I click on this I get the message to Extract all

I press Extract all

files will be extracted to this folder

C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\TBM_900_v1.1.9

I click on this extracted file folder and it shows the three unzipped installers only.. no aircraft files.

I then click on the third installer.. ie TBM900-windows-installer

It then gives me a window that says

Very important! Please select your main X-Plane folder for installation. Do NOT select an aircraft folder ....

Then it asks me for my X-aviation E-Mail and Password

I add this and it asks me which folder to install into

I select C:\X-Plane11 and press OK

it then says.. Setup is now ready to begin installing Hotstart TBM 900 on your computer

I press Next

It then tells me that.. "We first need to uninstall your current version of the TBM 900. Pleas select Yes to uninstall when the popup appears.

I press OK

it then asks me if I want to uninstall Hotstart TBM 900 and all of it's modules.

I choose OK

It then Uninstalls the older version.

and says Un installation completed

I Press OK

It then downloads the latest core files then proceeds to add the required files size 770404 KB

I wait approx 20min..live in the country slow internet speeds.

and when finished I run xplane 11 and get the problems with no clickable switches and a tow bar attached.

Sorry for the long detail... I just thought I was doing something stupid and wanted to go though all the steps to see if I was missing something.

Chris

7 hours ago, Chris5353 said:

The downloaded zip file was called TBM_900_v1.1.9  size 14,477KB

when I click on it it makes a file folder called  TBM 900 v1.1.9

when I click on it it makes 3 file installers only.

TBM 900-linux-x64-installer.run  (presumably a linux installer)

TBM 900-osx-installer.dmg  ( pesumably a MAC(apple OS) installer)

and

TBM900-windows-installer .... This is the one I use.

When I click on this I get the message to Extract all

I press Extract all

files will be extracted to this folder

C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\TBM_900_v1.1.9

I click on this extracted file folder and it shows the three unzipped installers only.. no aircraft files.

I then click on the third installer.. ie TBM900-windows-installer

It then gives me a window that says

Very important! Please select your main X-Plane folder for installation. Do NOT select an aircraft folder ....

Then it asks me for my X-aviation E-Mail and Password

I add this and it asks me which folder to install into

I select C:\X-Plane11 and press OK

it then says.. Setup is now ready to begin installing Hotstart TBM 900 on your computer

I press Next

It then tells me that.. "We first need to uninstall your current version of the TBM 900. Pleas select Yes to uninstall when the popup appears.

I press OK

it then asks me if I want to uninstall Hotstart TBM 900 and all of it's modules.

I choose OK

It then Uninstalls the older version.

and says Un installation completed

I Press OK

It then downloads the latest core files then proceeds to add the required files size 770404 KB

I wait approx 20min..live in the country slow internet speeds.

and when finished I run xplane 11 and get the problems with no clickable switches and a tow bar attached.

Sorry for the long detail... I just thought I was doing something stupid and wanted to go though all the steps to see if I was missing something.

Chris

Are you, by any chance, using Bitdefender Anti Virus?

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic