Switches hard to see

cessna_man

I know this is more of an xplane issue, but is there anything I can do on my end to lighten up cockpit. For example the over head switches blend in with the black panel and I can't tell if switch is on or off, even if I zoom in on it. Same with throttle can't see it. Certain times  of day with sun at right position I can see them. 

Like I said I know it's xplane issue, but I just thought I might be able to lighten up cockpit texture or something to help see switches, ect. better.

Thanks,

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I think it varies from PC to PC and the brightness settings.  I know someone made a mod for the switches, with white dots on the ends.  I don't know the link, but it's found at x-plane.org.  

Thanks Goran_M you've been a great help. I'll have a look there. In case I can't find file what file is it that I would have to modify

Edited by cessna_man

6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I know someone made a mod for the switches, with white dots on the ends.

4 hours ago, cessna_man said:

Thanks Goran_M you've been a great help. I'll have a look there. In case I can't find file what file is it that I would have to modify

3 hours ago, Gregg Seipp said:

I have my brightness up pretty high (though, not overly high...mostly for daytime brightness) and I can't see them either unless I turn on the access light.  I guess in the real TBM you can feel for the switch or, perhaps, the RW lighting is better.  I'll look for that white dot thing.  

The dots on the buttons wasn't ever offered as a stand alone mod... It came with a few liveries that @Razor94 did and posted over on the Org... All you need to do is download one of his liveries and take the "overhead.png and overhead_LIT.png's from one of them and place them in to the objects folder of the TBM livery you want them to show up in. Works really good. 

after3.jpg.80ae6ca73f06519a989aadb5b2fc3a76.jpg

Edited by ChefRob
cause I can spell today..

• 1 month later...

The white dot mod definitely helps, but I still find the switches hard to find, even in daylight unless there's direct light on the panel. The lower left hand switches for anti-icing, etc in particular is hard to read in the dark. I have the white flashlight bound to a key and even with that on they seem to just not be that reflective.