CTD

jialarcon

You have quite a few plugins.

Going to ask you to do the usual "Remove all plugins except Gizmo and retry."

If, after doing this, the crashes stop, replace the plugins and retry each time until it crashes, and then post back when you found the offending plugin.  This will help us in determining what is going on.

I am having consistent crashes and they all seem to be the exception handler issue.

2019-04-02 18:46:52 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

Like most others, this does not occur with any other aircraft. It is very frustrating to spend 20 mins flight planning to get a crash 5 mins into the flight. In fact, I cannot use the aircraft with these crashes.

I use orthos and orbx sceneries. I am suspecting that the program is very sensitive to these sceneries and generating a CTD. 

Is there any way to disable the terrain radar, or any other scenery reading from the aircraft, so that I can test if this is the problem.

I wouldn"t normally persevere so long, only that I love the work you have put into this and it is the best GA aircraft I have seen for any simulator.

Please find attached my logs.

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jialarcon said:

Pfff, before doing that, in the log.txt it looks as if the error comes from loading /parsing scenery in the TBM, does that give you any clue ?

No.  Those errors can be ignored.  The backtrace points to X-Plane crashing due to some kind of indirect conflict between 1 or more plugins, X-Plane itself, Windows and the TBM.  The normal process of elimination is to remove all plug ins, and then retest.  It's a matter of simply moving the folders out of the plugins directory to another location, then reloading.  
Not all plugins are bug free, and it can take a small thing to cause them to crash.

56 minutes ago, Petejohno said:

I am having consistent crashes and they all seem to be the exception handler issue.

2019-04-02 18:46:52 TBM900[except.c:282]: Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

Like most others, this does not occur with any other aircraft. It is very frustrating to spend 20 mins flight planning to get a crash 5 mins into the flight. In fact, I cannot use the aircraft with these crashes.

I use orthos and orbx sceneries. I am suspecting that the program is very sensitive to these sceneries and generating a CTD. 

Is there any way to disable the terrain radar, or any other scenery reading from the aircraft, so that I can test if this is the problem.

I wouldn"t normally persevere so long, only that I love the work you have put into this and it is the best GA aircraft I have seen for any simulator.

Please find attached my logs.

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

You have quite a few plugins loaded, but let's start with if you have any AI running?  People have reported that by turning AI off, the error stops.  

If so, this is a temporary workaround we're asking people to do while we look into fixing it.

I have disabled any AI. i was running live traffic and removed it hoping that it was causing the CTD.

The plugins are all fine with other aircraft and are the usual. UWXP, ASXP, etc. 

Have you any idea what may cause the exception that a lot of people are getting?  Maybe memory usage or terrain/chart reading? I have never had this with any other aircraft.

First thing I would ask of anyone is to not compare aircraft addons.  The reason is, the Saab I made with Jim several years ago, was the only addon that many people think was causing X-Plane to crash when run with xEnviro.  After we dug around and found nothing wrong with the Saab code, we asked the xEnviro devs to check xEnviro.  And they had indeed found a small problem that was the cause of the crashes.  And it was ONLY happening with the Saab.  The next xEnviro update addresses this problem.

Not all add ons are created equal.  The TBM is filled with very complex code that has tapped into things other add ons haven't tapped into yet, and is pushing the X-Plane API to it's limits.  For this reason, other plugins, which may appear to work fine with most other add ons, can contribute to a CTD with 1 small error in 1 line of code when run with the TBM or some other complex add on.  

That's why we ask people to do this process of elimination.  We've had people tell us we should be responsible with making sure the TBM doesn't crash with other plugins, but it's unreasonable to ask any developer to go out and purchase or download every single plugin in the community to test against.  Especially freeware plugins, where support is very limited and it's a case of "use at your own risk."  
In the case of "Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000", this is X-Plane doing something to the TBM (reinstalling our exception handler...), but is not giving us any details on why.  

If the user can follow the steps of removing plugins, and then testing, it speeds up our process of finding the problem, if it is with the TBM, we look into it.  But if not, we...the developers, or the customer, can make contact with the plug in developer and ask them to take a look at their plugin and make sure it is truly bug free.

Just to address your last comment.  I wouldn't say many people are getting this error.  I've personally never got this error, but I only run X-Plane with 3 plugins.  We always tune into streams where people fly the TBM, and I've seen one streamer (out of 6) get this error several versions ago.  

By all means, you are free to just wait for an update, as there are a few people getting this error, and we can possibly determine the cause, but every little bit helps.  

In any case, as far as we're concerned and if it is on us, rest assured, it will be fixed.  If it's the fault of a plugin author, then it's up to them.  We can't work around them, if their plugins are faulty.

Edited by Goran_M

I just completed a flight from the isle of man to wick in orbx scotland without a CTD.

I am still running my plugins but I made a change to my system.

My operating system is on the C drive and all my files including XPlane is on the D drive. I noticed that my D drive did not have a paging file. I reset this to a windows system managed pageing file - around 5g - and my flight was perfect.

I'm reluctant to say that i have solved the issue of the exception handler, but so far so good. I'll keep testing.

I have completed several flights since adding a paging file to my xplane drive without issue. Framerates   are good and no CTD's.

I am running the usual plugins such as ASWP,  UWXP,  Xvision etc. All of my plugins are professional programs, not amateur flywithua files. Therefore, whilst I am no computer programmer, I tend to think that my CTD'S are not plugin related, but more an issue of excess memory usage.  

I would suggest that anyone getting constant CTD's like myself should make sure they have a decent sized paging file and/or reduce settings to free up some memory space and see if this helps., especially if your video card on board memory is 8G or less.

Goran has stated on numerous occasions that there is a lot going on in the background with the TBM, and it appears the aircraft is using a lot more memory that other aircraft, as I have no problem with other aircraft.

Finally it seems that i can enjoy this wonderful aircraft to the fullest and i hope that future updates may try to optimise the program to address memory usage/leaks if possible.

• Upvote 1

I'm also getting CTD. I had xlife deluxe plugin running and was getting the CTD's so after reading this post I didn't turn on the xlife traffic on and I was able to do a flight without CDT.  this flight was a short flight (first flight with this aircraft, all over the runway if i may add). Hope whatever the problem is it gets fixed, I love have the traffic in the air.

1 hour ago, cessna_man said:

I'm also getting CTD. I had xlife deluxe plugin running and was getting the CTD's so after reading this post I didn't turn on the xlife traffic on and I was able to do a flight without CDT.  this flight was a short flight (first flight with this aircraft, all over the runway if i may add). Hope whatever the problem is it gets fixed, I love have the traffic in the air.

In most cases, if an add on stops crashing because of removing another plugin, it's the other plugin causing the problem.  The TBM has almost definitely exploited and revealed a bug in the xlife code.  

Edited by Goran_M