TBM 900 v1.1.8 Update Released!

Cameron

1 minute ago, skiselkov said:

@Carsten Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The grey background is a "flight recovery" screen - it happens when the TBM detects that the sim crashed on the last run and lets you put the aircraft back to where it was to continue the flight. However, it should show a little Yes/No question dialog in the center of the screen. Are you by any chance running a multi-monitor setup? If so, there might be an issue that the dialog is being shown off-screen (if the screen layout is sufficiently complicated, it can have trouble figuring out where the "center" of the entire desktop is). A quick workaround would be to switch X-Plane temporarily into windowed mode, load up the TBM and pick "No" from the flight recovery dialog, and then switch it back into multi-monitor mode as you would normally want to use. If this helps, can you please also describe the way you have your screens set up? I can try implementing a fix in future versions so it properly detects your monitor setup and shows the window dialog on the main monitor.

Thank you for quick response, but I am not using Multi Monitor setup. I can click on Yes or no. Till I am clicking one of the buttons the sim is running, but if I click on one of these buttons, Xplane begins to freeze and than nothing happens, I have to shut down Xplane via task manager. 

2 hours ago, Carsten said:

Thank you for quick response, but I am not using Multi Monitor setup. I can click on Yes or no. Till I am clicking one of the buttons the sim is running, but if I click on one of these buttons, Xplane begins to freeze and than nothing happens, I have to shut down Xplane via task manager. 

I think there is a background task going on where the avionics is downloading the obstacle database from the FAA. It can take a couple of minutes, especially on slow connections. If you try to quit out of the airplane during that process (or when it attempts to do a reload as you hit Yes/No on that flight recovery screen), it needs to wait for that download to complete. Can you try giving it 5-10 minutes?

7 hours ago, skiselkov said:

I think there is a background task going on where the avionics is downloading the obstacle database from the FAA. It can take a couple of minutes, especially on slow connections. If you try to quit out of the airplane during that process (or when it attempts to do a reload as you hit Yes/No on that flight recovery screen), it needs to wait for that download to complete. Can you try giving it 5-10 minutes?

Oh ok, I will try it next time. 

11 hours ago, skiselkov said:

I have started 1 flight 30 min ago, but did not finished that, I closed X-Plane after 20 min midflight again via task manager, Always, have to close Xplane like that, because with this aircraft, Xplane is crashing When I hit the usually close button. I restarted Xplane and I am getting the grey screen again and after pressing NO I am right now waiting since 20 min to get a reaction by Xplane, but nothing happens, it is frozen again. I have only these problems with this aircraft. 

IMG_20190411_115036.jpg

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic