Jump to content

Second X-Plane freeze in 2 days


Recommended Posts

Just bought this plane.  I have 1.1.7 - The latest X=Plane.

Twice now in two days only this plane causes XP to freeze solid.  I can't close XP with ALT+F4 I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL and force close it with the Task Manager.

Flight was in progress for maybe 30 minutes, 5K feet over the North Atlantic enroute to EGPC from EGPB.

Enclosed is the XP log as I've seen asked in other CTD posts.

 

Log.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you MIGHT have some corrupt scenery tiles...which I would find unusual, because you're crashing over OrbX scenery.  But that is what is being loaded when the crash happens.  

Do you have scenery installed on a different hard drive?  Does it crash at the same spot each time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Looks like you MIGHT have some corrupt scenery tiles...which I would find unusual, because you're crashing over OrbX scenery.  But that is what is being loaded when the crash happens.  

Do you have scenery installed on a different hard drive?  Does it crash at the same spot each time?

It crashed over non-Orbx scenery yesterday.  I already did a verify files with Orbx's FTX, and no other plane has ever crashed XP since I installed it and loaded my Orbx stuff.  Only this plane causes freezes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JackSwyr said:

It crashed over non-Orbx scenery yesterday.  I already did a verify files with Orbx's FTX, and no other plane has ever crashed XP since I installed it and loaded my Orbx stuff.  Only this plane causes freezes.

The only reason the TBM can cause a freeze or crash with scenery is because, unlike most other add ons, it uses terrain radar, and is reading the scenery as it flies over it.  A corrupt scenery file, no matter how small an error it has, and no matter where it is, can cause it to lock up.  If the scenery is installed on a second hard drive, it could also cause a lock up.  Although this is not confirmed yet.

What I'm concerned about is missing scenery files, as indicated in your log file.  I don't have OrbX, but maybe you can ask them about it on their forums.  Show them this section from your log.


image.png

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Looks like you MIGHT have some corrupt scenery tiles...which I would find unusual, because you're crashing over OrbX scenery.  But that is what is being loaded when the crash happens.  

Do you have scenery installed on a different hard drive?  Does it crash at the same spot each time?

All of my scenery is installed on the same drive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll pass your log on to Saso and see what he makes of it.  If you just flew over the same area without a crash, then it could be "system specific", meaning something on your PC or something totally random.  
I don't have any OrbX stuff, but I might try flying over the same area and push a few buttons on the FMC and see what happens.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I'll pass your log on to Saso and see what he makes of it.  If you just flew over the same area without a crash, then it could be "system specific", meaning something on your PC or something totally random.  
I don't have any OrbX stuff, but I might try flying over the same area and push a few buttons on the FMC and see what happens.

Thanks!  I appreciate it, but who is this Saso fellow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goran_M said:

He coded all the systems.  As well as create some new features that other devs are using.  (Synthetic vision.  Rain.  Terrain and weather radar)

That synthetic vision was a huge reason to buy, it’s outstanding!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Goran, here's what I did.

X-Plane troubleshooting

Removed the TerrainRadar folder from Plugins

Deleted Global Airports from Custom Scenery

Ran X-Plane 11 Installer and selected Update X-Plane

Ran X-Plane and selected Update Scenery Online

During Update Scenery Online it found EDDF had a problem so I overwrote it.

I also use xOrganizer but all I did before was just run it to let it sort the scenery layers, but did NOT run it after the Updating this time so I don’t know if my scenery layers are ok.

I departed EGPB again and headed for Wick and landed without any freezes.  But this freeze is intermittent.

Here's the log, the installer log, and the scenery packs file because now I'm wondering if my scenery layers might be messed up again.


Log02.txt

X-Plane Installer Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tull said:

I've had crashes now all the bloody time, I'm sick of it, I'm done with this plane...every other plane is fine. Very frustrating....I love it aswell....its awesome but I cant put up with the crashes anymore. 

Have you ever sent us a log file?  A lot of the time, it’s a conflict with another plugin. We’d love to help you, but can’t if you don’t help us with more information. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am inclined to side with @Goran_M on this along with quite a few other issues user have with the TBM are system specific... The TBM has been rock solid for me since 1.1.4 and every update it gets a little better! 

And I run my fair share of plugins, mesh and scenery both pay and freeware and just about flawless on a ok system. Just did a 2 hour flight from KVDF to KGPT and no stutters frame rate loss or anything, VNAV was spot on all of the way down to approach.

Love this plane! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Goran_M,

Not sure if you just missed it or if they're the wrong files but @JackSwyr appears to have provided some logs above.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:37 PM, Goran_M said:

Have you ever sent us a log file?  A lot of the time, it’s a conflict with another plugin. We’d love to help you, but can’t if you don’t help us with more information. 

On 3/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, JackSwyr said:

Hi Goran, here's what I did.

X-Plane troubleshooting

Removed the TerrainRadar folder from Plugins

Deleted Global Airports from Custom Scenery

Ran X-Plane 11 Installer and selected Update X-Plane

Ran X-Plane and selected Update Scenery Online

During Update Scenery Online it found EDDF had a problem so I overwrote it.

I also use xOrganizer but all I did before was just run it to let it sort the scenery layers, but did NOT run it after the Updating this time so I don’t know if my scenery layers are ok.

I departed EGPB again and headed for Wick and landed without any freezes.  But this freeze is intermittent.

Here's the log, the installer log, and the scenery packs file because now I'm wondering if my scenery layers might be messed up again.

 

Log02.txt

X-Plane Installer Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

Kind regards,

BT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a reply from a friend at Orbx.  He posted this back to me after looking at my log.  I have no idea what this means so maybe someone here can tell me.

I plan on making another TBM flight very soo and posting the complete log.

Hope this helps.

 

We know the issue is not the data because it is an Xplane data file and if you remember we even reinstalled those particular files to ensure they had not become corrupted.

That means this error is specific to the BM900 aircraft and in particular the way navaiddb.c:512 is reading/parsing that data.

So if you flew the same route with the stock Cesna then this error should disappear from your log.txt - at least that is the way I interpret the error.

However if it is still there then BobT post could offer another explanation and I would certainly ensure you have experimental flight engine unchecked as it is possible an error in that code could be throwing the error on all aircraft.

 

If the errors are only there with the TBM900 then you might like to show them these particular errors in their help forum and see if they can better understand what is going on.

 

"From your log.txt

 

2"019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2011

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2043

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2069

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2094

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2259

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2834

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 3314

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 4606

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 5552

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 5563

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 5594

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 5621

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 5646

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 5809

2019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 6386"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JackSwyr said:

Here's a reply from a friend at Orbx.  He posted this back to me after looking at my log.  I have no idea what this means so maybe someone here can tell me.

...

2"019-03-31 14:26:15 TBM900[navaiddb.c:512]: Error parsing K:\X-Plane 11\\Custom Scenery\Global Airports\Earth nav data\earth_nav.dat: malformed data on line 2011

These are harmless. It's just the navaid parsing code complaining about some formatting errors in the navaid files, but these can be safely ignored. They have nothing whatsoever to do with any crashes you might have experienced.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

These are harmless. It's just the navaid parsing code complaining about some formatting errors in the navaid files, but these can be safely ignored. They have nothing whatsoever to do with any crashes you might have experienced.

Well that’s good news thanks!  Maybe it was the radar plug in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the best way to get to the bottom of this whole thing, is to install a fresh copy of X-Plane, minus any scenery and plugins and then install the TBM to see what happens.  Then slowly introduce plugins and restarting the sim each time until it crashes.  The TBM can often times crash due to another plugins bugs, even though that plugin appears to work perfectly.

I understand it can be very frustrating, but I would suggest you try this idea to put to rest any doubts about the TBM.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...