Beta mode mapping [need assistance]

Bourrinopathe

Hi there,

I can't find how to map the beta range to my throttle. I'm using a Saitek X55.
I'm using the same button and mapping I use for the Kodiak (Thranda) and TBM 900 (Hot Start) but it does not reverse the axis response (pushing the X55 throttle does not pull the PR throttle backwards into beta range).
7715d3fea9ae3fd81bb59b6699994bf1.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong as I didn't see any issue about this and it would have been reported way before release anyway.

Using the reversers command instead just make the handle jump to the max reverse position then instantaneously back to its initial position - so it's not completely stuck and seems to be a control issue on my end.
I also mapped only one axis to the throttle (no conflict there).

If anyone has any idea, I'd be happy to test whatever might work.

Edited by Coop
no fix indicated
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I mentioned in my post, it doesn't work either, unfortunately.
If I use the "Toggle thrust reversers" it just jumps to max reverse (handle full back) and jumps right back at the current position (X55 handle).
Using the "Hold thurst reverse at max" holds the throttle full back (rev) and that's it.
I need to control the beta range smoothly and for some reason the usual "Toggle Beta prop." command doesn't work.

The same command works with similar PT6s for the TBM and the Kodiak.

----

EDIT: Well… disregard my previous messages. I was fiddling with the settings and as I selected the "Toggle Beta prop." command again, it's working now. No idea what changed.
Maybe my X55 is giving up. I'll report back if I notice any oddity with any other PT6 or the PR. (and don't buy Saitek… I hope Logitech made the devices more reliable)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

1 hour ago, Bourrinopathe said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I mentioned in my post, it doesn't work either, unfortunately.
If I use the "Toggle thrust reversers" it just jumps to max reverse (handle full back) and jumps right back at the current position (X55 handle).
Using the "Hold thurst reverse at max" holds the throttle full back (rev) and that's it.
I need to control the beta range smoothly and for some reason the usual "Toggle Beta prop." command doesn't work.

The same command works with similar PT6s for the TBM and the Kodiak.

----

EDIT: Well… disregard my previous messages. I was fiddling with the settings and as I selected the "Toggle Beta prop." command again, it's working now. No idea what changed.
Maybe my X55 is giving up. I'll report back if I notice any oddity with any other PT6 or the PR. (and don't buy Saitek… I hope Logitech made the devices more reliable)

I have the same issue (Saitek X52 Pro). "Toggle Beta prop." not working. Works fine in TBM 900. What exactly did you fiddel?

Honestly, I don't know could have fixed the issue. I mapped every "Toggle Beta prop." (#1, #2, etc.) on the button (15), then tried that "Toggle thrust reversers" again, each time testing the axis response and button command.
It finally worked when I got back to the initial command ("Toggle Beta prop.") - and that's exactly what I had previously. I also changed a few commands from the default X-Plane versions to the AFM commands for minor systems (landing lights, panel light, etc.).
So a troubleshooting method could be to start a new profile, and only map the throttle axis and the beta range toggle. See if it works (at least it would avoid any possible conflict), then reassign the other commands if it works.

Don't know if should start a new thread or if its related to this one. I am using the VirtualFLy TQ6 Plus that has controls the beta range through the dedicated Virtual Fly app. However on the PR when I initiate beta range on the throttle, the lever moves extremely fast in and out of beta range. Seems like a conflict. Anyone knows why this is?

Edited by Ifikratis

3 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

Honestly, I don't know could have fixed the issue. I mapped every "Toggle Beta prop." (#1, #2, etc.) on the button (15), then tried that "Toggle thrust reversers" again, each time testing the axis response and button command.
It finally worked when I got back to the initial command ("Toggle Beta prop.") - and that's exactly what I had previously. I also changed a few commands from the default X-Plane versions to the AFM commands for minor systems (landing lights, panel light, etc.).
So a troubleshooting method could be to start a new profile, and only map the throttle axis and the beta range toggle. See if it works (at least it would avoid any possible conflict), then reassign the other commands if it works.

Thanks for the hints. Did not work unfortunately. I tried every possible and reasonable mappings, no chance.

14 hours ago, Ifikratis said:

Don't know if should start a new thread or if its related to this one. I am using the VirtualFLy TQ6 Plus that has controls the beta range through the dedicated Virtual Fly app. However on the PR when I initiate beta range on the throttle, the lever moves extremely fast in and out of beta range. Seems like a conflict. Anyone knows why this is?

It is similar with my Saitek X52 Pro. I can move the throttle lever to beta by hand (that means by mouse) but moving the HOTAS-throttle the lever of the PR jumps immediately out of beta. So the beta is not usable, because I cannot use the throttle with the mouse in beta and in the same time use the joystick for steering the airplane with the same right hand.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now using a Saitek/Logitech Throttle Quadrant for the PR and I'm happy to report that entering beta range works correctly with that device.
I'm using the lower position of the throttle lever (similar to a push button) to trigger the "Toggle Beta prop.", then pushing the lever on the device would progressively pull the power lever in the PR into beta range/reverse.
This works when the engine is running.

• Like 2