Release Candidate 1

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be stupid to assume this. I've got AirTrack on my iPad. I was thinking of getting the Saitek radio stack too, but after I experienced what AirTrack can do, I'm sold. I'm not gonna get anything like that for a long time.

Do any of you, Philipp or Javier, use AirTrack? Will I be able to adjust altitude, heading, course, radios stacks, engange autopilot etc with it? I've flown a lot with the Dash 8 Q400 the past few days, and it works very well with AirTrack.

lots of custom datarefs drives the CRJ, but those datarefs changes default datarefs.. so if you modify with a hardware a default dataref should change.. but if the Custom dataref is driving in one direction the default one, then you cannot. But usually Hardware can be programmed changing datarefs....

Was bored at work so I came up with some routes for your delivery flights if you choose to make some. All flights are from CYUL where the aircraft is manufactured, and to either the main Hub or headquarters airport of the airlines involved. When it is released and I have the fuel planning tables I will re do these hopefully in the correct flight planning format, but in the meanwhile, here are the suggested routes! I hope this will be useful to somebody.

Air Canada Jazz (CYUL-CYHZ):

CYUL5 YJN V300 YSC J500 MLT YZX CETTY YHZ

Lufthansa (CYUL-CYYR-BIKF-EGPH-EDDK)

CYUL DCT MAIRE J509 OMBRE J578 YQB J555 YBC J563 UAC DCT CYYR

CYYR LOACH 58N050W OZN 61N040W 63N030W EMBLA KEF BIKF

BIKF DCT METIL G3 MY G11 GONUT UM87 FINDO DCT EGPH

EGPH TLA UL602 OTR UL90 DOLAS UL603 BASNO UL620 SONEB Z841 GETNI T858 KOPAG EDDK

Delta Connection (CYUL-KATL)

CYUL5 V282 BUGSY SYR J59 PSB J78 HVQ J145 ATL

British Airways (CYUL-CYYR-BIKF-EGPH-EGLL)

EGPH DCS UN615 CALDA DCT NUGRA EGLL

United Express (CYUL-KORD)

CYUL5 V316 YOW J553 ECK J94 FNT WYNDE3

Belavia (CYUL-CYRR-BIKF-EGPH-UMMS)

EGPH SID TRN UM89 SAB UL983 PETIL L983 ROE L741 RUMAR UL741 RANOK B120 KRAKI UM874 LAVAR UL749 TEDRO UM854 KUBIN STAR UMMS

Air Dolomiti (CYUL-CYRR-BIKF-EGPH-LIPX)

EGPH SID DCS UN615 HON UL186 BIG UL9 KONAN UL607 KOK UM150 DIK UN852 GTQ UQ219 BEGAR UQ341 RESIA UZ909 ELTAR STAR LIPX

Air Volga (CYUL-CYRR-BIKF-EGPH-EFHK-URWW)

As above, Thence:

EGPH SID TRN UM89 RIVOT UM82 NIVUN UP609 PIPEX UM609 SKI UM125 ELVOM UP850 MASEV L24 EVLAN UL24 LAKUT STAR EFHK

EFHK SID DOBAN UP855 NOTAR R58 TU R11 UK R374 LAMAG G724 TE R364 KOROT R120 ST DCT URWW

Brit Air (CYUL-CYRR-BIKF-EGPH-LFRU)

As above Thence:

EGPH SID DCS UN864 WAL UN862 LAMAT UN90 NOTRO UM30 SALCO UN864 TITUB DCT LFRU

Air Nostrum (CYUL-CYRR-BIKF-EGPH-LEVC)

As above Thence:

EGPH SID DCS UN864 WAL UN862 LAMAT UN90 KORER UN26 LAGOR UN862 MLA UN860 SAURA STAR LEVC

Air Wisconsin (CYUL-KATW)

CYUL DCT YUL J596 YYB J500 SSM J101 GRB DCT KATW

NOTE: These routes are the best I could find on various route finders. They may not be perfect for online flight such as VATSIM, especially the European ones. The North American flights should be good though. This is for enjoyment purposes only, and not for use in real flight.

Would the CRJ run on my computer if the SSj-100 v5 runs on it?

Thanks,

Maxime

Maxime,

This is not a good way to be questioning performance on your personal machine. I'm not sure any of us have that add-on anyhow.

If you're asking about your Macbook Air, I'd say it's unlikely to be a good candidate for this product.

Laptops are never good candidates to fly this CRJ and other future addoms. Of course you can downgrade textures, screen resolution, etc... but I always thought that fly simulators must be done on a desktop computer (but it is only my opinion).

I think laptops are for what they are... carry your computer with you... but I never would model 3D on a laptop... or fly-drive-fight simulators on them.

Maybe a power laptop can have nice frames on this CRJ.. but still the screen will be soooo small....

I have a windows vista 32 bits laptop. 4 gb ram, Nvidia don't remember the video card (something for this kind of computers)... I tested the CRJ there. Fully it always is <19 frames. If I deactivate pixel shaders and reflections and other little things.. Leave textures one point below original size, I had 25 frames on LOWI.....

your choice.

Javier

Laptops are never good candidates to fly this CRJ and other future addoms. Of course you can downgrade textures, screen resolution, etc... but I always thought that fly simulators must be done on a desktop computer (but it is only my opinion).

I think laptops are for what they are... carry your computer with you... but I never would model 3D on a laptop... or fly-drive-fight simulators on them.

Maybe a power laptop can have nice frames on this CRJ.. but still the screen will be soooo small....

I have a windows vista 32 bits laptop. 4 gb ram, Nvidia don't remember the video card (something for this kind of computers)... I tested the CRJ there. Fully it always is <19 frames. If I deactivate pixel shaders and reflections and other little things.. Leave textures one point below original size, I had 25 frames on LOWI.....

your choice.

Javier

That comment worries me. :-[

I have a:

Macbook Pro

4GB of RAM

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Nividia GeForce 9400M-256MB

Nividia GeForce 9600M GT-256MB

Since it's dual core, the CRJ should take advantage of BOTH cores. Also, Macs apparently get better frames with the CRJ as well. I'm able to fly other planes on Extreme Res without any trouble as long as I take away the pixel shading and minor things like that. With the CRJ's special technology, I think I should be able to handle it well. Looking at my specs, do you foresee any problems with the CRJ? I know it's hard to pinpoint exactly, but just a basic guess would be great! ??? I've been dying to get this plane, so I'll have to make it work somehow. :)

I will be using my modern desktop, i save my laptop for more fun flying with simple planes not detailed ones.

Assuming that you're talking about the 21.5 inch iMac with an i3 processor, it only has 256MB of VRAM, and that's relatively low. I'm sure it'll work, but I don't know how well. With that said, let it be known now that I have NOT tested this aircraft on a 256MB video card, so I cannot vouch as to its performance.

For any of you interested...

I have tested the CRJ on a more modest computer with the following specs:

Intel Dual Core E6850 3.0 GHZ

8GB (X-Plane uses only up to 3GB) ram

AMD Radeon 5870 1GB ram

The above setup, sans the video card, is 3.5 years old.

With the above setup on extreme resolution I am getting about 33-35 fps.

With regards to laptops...there are some that I personally feel are suitable. Among those are the latest editions of the Macbook Pro with an i7 CPU and 1GB VRAM.

Overall the actual CRJ itself is not overly taxing. It's the plug-in driven screens and systems that chew up most of the power. Philipp has ensured that no optimization for this plug-in has been left out, and with the multiple cores put to use it also helps.

With all of this said, the real culprit here will be your CPU!

Since it's dual core, the CRJ should take advantage of BOTH cores. Also, Macs apparently get better frames with the CRJ as well. I'm able to fly other planes on Extreme Res without any trouble as long as I take away the pixel shading and minor things like that. With the CRJ's special technology, I think I should be able to handle it well. Looking at my specs, do you foresee any problems with the CRJ? I know it's hard to pinpoint exactly, but just a basic guess would be great! ??? I've been dying to get this plane, so I'll have to make it work somehow. :)

Hi, Perry,

I'm pretty sure the CRJ is unlike any aircraft ever produced for X-Plane up to this point. I could be wrong, but as far as I know it will be the first aircraft to come up with vector driven displays, and this is where your CPU comes in. The "special tech" you are referring to especially applies to those people with more than two cores, but will also be applicable to dual core machines.

I don't know how old your Macbook is. I'm really not in a good spot to say, but my inclinations tell me that your Dual Core running at 2.66 and only 256MB may be a bit aged for this product. It would probably be a different story if you were on a quad core at the least with 256MB VRAM. I'd say you could squeeze by on that.

Hi, Perry,

I'm pretty sure the CRJ is unlike any aircraft ever produced for X-Plane up to this point. I could be wrong, but as far as I know it will be the first aircraft to come up with vector driven displays, and this is where your CPU comes in. The "special tech" you are referring especially applies to those people with more than two cores, but will also be applicable to dual core machines.

I don't know how old your Macbook is. I'm really not in a good spot to say, but my inclinations tell me that your Dual Core running at 2.66 and only 256MB may be a bit aged for this product.

I got the computer in December of 2009, so it's not too old. For heavens sake, I can't afford to get a new computer every month! :o

Well, if I turn down my res in X-Plane maybe I'll be able to handle it better. I'll do some research and see. Looking at Javier's window laptop performance, I think mine will probably handle better than his.

I have the exact same computer and got it last July... again, NOT an old computer by any means

Are you sure? Ben purchased a new Macbook in July...it's an i5 quad core.

Everything I can find pretty much suggests that Dual Core Macbook Pro's were no longer available as of April of last year.

I have the exact same computer and got it last July... again, NOT an old computer by any means

Everything I can find pretty much suggests that Dual Core Macbook Pro's were no longer available as of April of last year.

Sorry, I read his specs wrong.  I have the i5 (which is technically a 2-core duo) with the GeForce 330M in it...

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

I'm assuming it will have no problems with the CRJ?  I'm also running an external monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 2494

Sorry, I read his specs wrong.  I have the i5 (which is technically a 2-core duo) with the GeForce 330M in it...

That still looks pretty similar to mine...

I'll have to contact Ben and ask him, considering he's a big Mac person like myself.

Are you sure? Everything I can find pretty much suggests that you can't get a Macbook with a i5 quad core.

;D ;D ;D

Sorry, I read his specs wrong.  I have the i5 (which is technically a 2-core duo) with the GeForce 330M in it...

I think you'll be safe on the i5 setup.

Are you sure? Everything I can find pretty much suggests that you can't get a Macbook with a i5 quad core.

;D ;D ;D

You're correct. I was going by what Ben said. After reading it more, it appears the Macbook version of i5's are dual core. Even still, given the reports I have from Ben and how X-Plane runs on his machine, I'd say an i5 will pass the test for the Macbook Pro series.

You're correct. I was going by what Ben said. After reading it more, it appears the Macbook version of i5's are dual core. Even still, given the reports I have from Ben and how X-Plane runs on his machine, I'd say an i5 will pass the test for the Macbook Pro series.

Well technically you're both right.  Its a 2-core DUO, so as far as I can tell, its two TRUE cores, but split up to effectively equal 4 cores(?)  When I open up my system activity monitor, 4-"cores" show up as opposed to the two on my old Mac Mini

Well technically you're both right.  Its a 2-core DUO, so as far as I can tell, its two TRUE cores, but split up to effectively equal 4 cores(?)  When I open up my system activity monitor, 4-"cores" show up as opposed to the two on my old Mac Mini

Ah! Okay...So, yes...Ben was right the first time, and four cores are in effect. Cool! :)

The processor is hyperthreaded. Essentially, this means duplicating the parts of the CPU which feed information in the parts of the CPU which do the actual calculating. The idea is that, since the calculating parts spend most of their time waiting around for information to be fed into them, the parts which feed the information can take advantage of the idle time to get more work done.

We will have to wait until the CRJ ships to see how well the hyperthreading works.