Release Candidate 1

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm speechless. Words can't describe how excited I am about this bird!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You really need to get out more!  No, seriously, you must! 

Well, with being so busy lately, I haven't had a chance to go climbing or kayaking or camping. X-Plane is the best thing to do while at home.

I may have stretched that statement there. :)

You will see how download on the Tuturial documentation (I hope today released... the docs only!!) Instructions are there to make the tutorial with the CRJ.

Can you post the docs somewhere? I don't know when then plane will be released, but I'd like to start going through the manual and familiarize myself with the plane.

I made testings of the plane and taking off from sea level.. to 34,000 feet.. and maintaining for all flight that altitude the plane reached 1950 nM. with 50 pax... that is close to the 1700 max range of the plane.. but you must know that those 1700 are safe one with 100nm reserve... so 1800 nm.

If you descent from 35,000 feet to 5000 and maintain that altitude for maybe 50nm then the fuel flow is higher so it can be perfectly match those 1800 max range.

But there are so many variables around.....

Hmmm, the official pages says 1345nm. 55 passengers, each 100kg in weight plus max fuel.

And talking about the real one: where is it built? I am planning on doing a ferry flight from

its' production facility to munich, where it then gets it's Lufthansa paint  ;D

Hmmm, the official pages says 1345nm. 55 passengers, each 100kg in weight plus max fuel.

And talking about the real one: where is it built? I am planning on doing a ferry flight from

http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/specifications.jsp?langId=en&crjId=200

this is the LR version, see the SM 1956nm....

Noooovaaaa!!!! noooovaaa!! 2 years stuying this plane!! (other thing is have same numbers than the real one. I have tried but never I would have those same numbers.. but close to them, yes).

Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea too!  That sounds absolutely fantastic, especially since I've actually FLOWN a plane from Montreal (though it was CYUL) back to the US.

So we're waiting on Cam now?  ;)

I don't know how that can be done.. I mean... fly for example from Toronto to Europe.. here:

http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/range.jsp?langId=en&crjId=200

from Toronto seems that the CRJ cannot cross the ocean. Maybe flying over groendland then iceland.. then europe... But how they do deliver the planes to european countries or Japan? Don't know...

well.. of course those ranges are with people inside. Maybe no passengers or weight can make it Canada - Iceland - Europe.

from Toronto seems that the CRJ cannot cross the ocean. Maybe flying over groendland then iceland.. then europe... But how they do deliver the planes to european countries or Japan? Don't know...

The seats are actually removed and fuel tanks are placed internally to accomplish the longer delivery flights. Go! (Mesa) did this with their CRJ's headed to Hawaii.

Since the CRJ needs Navigraph data i bought the latest cycle and then downloaded Goodway v4.

I used http://www.gcmap.com to get possible airports within a range of 1600-1800nm.

Then checked their runway length and chose one of them.

Afterwardsi used Goodway to get a route. I'm not sure if they are valid, but who cares ;)

There will be not much ATC anyways, so....

So my route is now with 2 stops. CYMX (Mirabell) -> BGSF (Kangar Lussuaq) -> EGAA (Belfast) -> EDDM (Munich)

well.. of course those ranges are with people inside. Maybe no passengers or weight can make it Canada - Iceland - Europe.

I kept the legs close to 1000nm for our hub hop event:

map?P=WSSS-VOMM-VABB-OBBI-HECA-LGAV-LSZH-ESSA-EHAM-LPPT-EGLL,c:yellow,EGLL-BIKR-BGBW-CYYT-KJFK-KATL-KLNK-CYCG&MS=bm&MR=1200&MX=720x360&PM=*

Easy.

You can do it much more directly with closer to 2k legs.

WHo ever posted about the add on fuel tanks is correct.

Except they don't remove the seats, the PATS Tanks as they are called are designed to fit in the aft baggage compartment.

And IIRC most of the lavatory plumbing is also removed for the ferry flight and installed once it arrives. Also parts of the galley can be removed to cut the weight down too.