Release Candidate 1

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IIRC The aircraft is Navigraph updateable yes?

Yes, the FMS uses a database that it is updateable via navigraph.

If so is there an existing format to use or will there be a new spedific installer/format released by navigraph?

Of course we are using an existing format. There are like 20 of them, why should we invent yet another :P ? So it will be exactly the same data you would get for an MSFS addon aircraft, just that it is packaged as a zip, not as a windows installer.

Because the CRJ is Mac, Windows AND Linux.

Philipp

What kind of framerates do you think I would get on a MacBook pro with two 256MB Video cards and 4GB of ram and a 2.66 GHz Intel Care 2 Duo? Either way, I'm getting it, but I was just wondering...

Anyway, thanks again to all of you that made this project possible.

And Javier.....I think the fingernail gnawing has already began!

That is a great news.

In my opinion, the choice to announce a product only when it is ready is always the best one.

It's not done yet.  It's got up to another month to go so while I am very pleased indeed this project is back on I wont hold my breath just yet.  Wish he would have continued in secret and then announced the release when it was completely finished instead of almost ready.  Still, I will be waiting, debit card in hand.

So phillip this was the payware project you were working on huh?

Obviously...  ;D

Folks, besides congratulating Javier and me, there is another person who we all owe respect for supporting our work: Alex Wemmer, programmer of vasFMC.

The CRJ-200 is the first aircraft powered by a new incarnation of vasFMC, what I call the "embedded" vasFMC. It combines the power and stability of the well-known vasFMC standalone program with an all new interface designed to run absolutely seamless inside X-Plane.

Philipp

So phillip this was the payware project you were working on huh?

Obviously...  ;D

Folks, besides congratulating Javier and me, there is another person who we all owe respect for supporting our work: Alex Wemmer, programmer of vasFMC.

The CRJ-200 is the first aircraft powered by a new incarnation of vasFMC, what I call the "embedded" vasFMC. It combines the power and stability of the well-known vasFMC standalone program with an all new interface designed to run absolutely seamless inside X-Plane.

Philipp

That is true, not only because him also, but, Anton first work and the support of all the people behind on this forum, the spanish one also and Cameron, Ben Rusell, Supnik and Austin.

But the plane is still not released and I am going to push to release before 30 days.

Ahhhh  another good news.... The Cockpit of 747  with all the systems that I could achieve is very soon ended for the next xp10

Hola Philipp,

gratuliere zum neuen Auftrag, eine echte Überraschung. Nach VasFMC nun also der nächste  große Schritt, bin schon jetzt gespannt was dabei entsteht. Falls ihr irgendeine kostenlose Testumgebung braucht stelle ich mein Setup gerne zur verfügung (Win/Mac) Gruß, ein alter Kollege (nenn mich mc96 ;D)

Thanks to japo and his team for keeping that project alive.

I am massively excited to experience this "embedded FMC" I wonder.... is there going to be a separate efis display via plugin or does it intergrate into xplane also. I cant wait to see top of decent, holding information as well as all the lovely things VAS is able to deliver externally built into the cockpit! I cant wait to be able to perfom accurate holds and change arrival and departure info on the fly!. This will surely propel x-plane toward the sort of realism only previously possible with pmdg type of aircraft in MSFS. I commend the whole team on this endeavor and foresight and I look forward to hitting the "pay now" button as soon as it is ready to roll out. I am one of the directors of www.x-usairways.com and we operate the aircraft in our fleet. I am looking forward to recommending this aircraft to our many pilots! If you haven't yet joined or seen us...... we are proud to regard ourselves as the best and most realistic Virtual Airline in X-plane. I look forward everything the rest of 2011 and x-plane has to offer!

PW

I want to make it clear from the begining.. The plane has a lot of systems of the CRJ but not all.

From the real FMS on this first 1.0 version we haven't made the vertical prediction (so no point of descent) and fuel calculation. Neither perf init.

we have made:

routes, Sid, STAR, change point in flight, save them, holding patterns, Legs page modification in flight, thrust limit, IRS Align process, radio autotuning and other minor systems inside the FMS.

You all will be able to see what is simulated and what is not on the manual I want to release for free.. To let see everyone what is on and what is not.

Of course we plan to make those missing systems on future updates.. and who knows before releasing it if they are easy to make.....

I would say that 85-90% of the systems of the plane are simulated (not fuse shortcircuit) But the CRJ as other planes I release is a living project.