X-Aviation TBM-900 Improvements desired

ripsnorter

18 minutes ago, ripsnorter said:

Stay away from the TBM900. I purchased this a few weeks ago and have found the product to be more like a computer virus than an aircraft. In the few weeks there have been no fewer than 3 updates. I submitted to their support email that the product completely ignores the x-plane tickbox to start with engine running. No reply and 3 updates later no change. Whenever I kickoff x-plane with it, it just catches fire. One time I have had it commence afresh with prop tiedown and pitot covers (also with x-plane set to start with engine running) and haven't been able to find info anywhere how to get them off. I really wish I'd never thrown money away on this painful product.

Computer viruses don't catch fire.  

How many updates were you expecting within 3 weeks?  The vast majority of developers publish 3 updates in as many years.  And you're considered lucky if you get THAT many.

The TBM we made is coded to ignore that tickbox (Start with engines running) because of it's complexity.  Once you go through the included tutorials, you can start it up in less than 1 minute.

To get the covers off, just open the maintenance manager, visible off to the left hand side, and click on each spot where the covers are.  Another 10 seconds of clicking.  And that's only if you put the covers on when you flew the aircraft last.  (All this is in the manual, by the way.  Hopefully you read it, because it took a little bit of effort to put it together).  The other method is to do a virtual walkaround of the aircraft, and click on each cover.  They simply disappear.  We made this aircraft to operate like the real world counterpart.  That includes covers and flags.

When you calm down, feel free to come back here and ask any questions you like.  I'll be more than happy to answer them for you.  

Alternatively, as Ben suggested, the Carenado TBM 850 might be more suited to you.

Regards,

Goran

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 4

Thanks again. Couldn't find the manual, will have a further look.
The engine starting thing. I did actually get it to start correctly once, but it was never the same after shutting down.
The problem is, I couldn't find a way to refresh, or start anew. Whatever the thing it was originally pissed about, couldn't find a way for it to start anew/afresh.
Please consider making it an option to start with engine running, not everybody needs the 100% authentic engine start thing.

- Ray

There will not be a situation where we enable that option. This product is built to be like the real thing with persistent state between X-Plane sessions. Treat it like a real plane. Shut it down properly, start it up correctly. Use the air frame manager to start fresh.

This plane is so popular because of these features. You need to baby it as if it were your own. Learn it in and out and you'll be rewarded.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cameron said:

You need to baby it as if it were your own. Learn it in and out and you'll be rewarded.

That's exactly what I love about it!

My family calls me insane when I fire up the sim once again after shutdown just to make sure I had put the covers back on. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, ripsnorter said:

Thanks again. Couldn't find the manual, will have a further look.
The engine starting thing. I did actually get it to start correctly once, but it was never the same after shutting down.
The problem is, I couldn't find a way to refresh, or start anew. Whatever the thing it was originally pissed about, couldn't find a way for it to start anew/afresh.
Please consider making it an option to start with engine running, not everybody needs the 100% authentic engine start thing.

- Ray

It's ok, Ray

Just remember there are always people around who will help you.  But keep in mind... we're regular people who sleep, eat, spend time with our families, but we always come back here to see if anyone needs help.  We can't always respond IMMEDIATELY.  

Regarding the engines, like Cameron said...it's simply not possible due to the systems complexity to start with engines running.  Call it an X-Plane limitation.  If it were even remotely possible, we would look into it and maybe add that option.

• Like 1

Hey Ripsnorter.  Just stick with it , you WILL get the hang of it. You post made me chuckle because I was the same as you about 6 weeks ago. You gotta read, watch videos, ask questions and plain just figure stuff out. At first I broke it every time I started it and now I'm loading flight plans and flying approaches. It's fun to learn and rewarding when you get it. Amazing plane!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Goran_M said:

To get the covers off [,...]  The other method is to do a virtual walkaround of the aircraft, and click on each cover.  They simply disappear. 

Hi Goran,

I didn't know that, I always do it through the maintenance manager.

I tried the walkaround now, and touching doesn't do anything...
I'm sure I don't have the right touch :) ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xpst said:

Hi Goran,

I didn't know that, I always do it through the maintenance manager.

I tried the walkaround now, and touching doesn't do anything...
I'm sure I don't have the right touch :) ?

Make sure that you don't use the "c" key (free camera) for the external view. Just use the arrow keys, "," & "." to move around and you'll be able to "touch" this marvellous machine.

3 hours ago, xpst said:

Aaah OK, thanks ! I understand now.

From the normal inside cockpit view you need to use arrow keys, "," & "." to go outside and click on one of the tags.

I'll continue to use the maintenance manager then, it's a bit faster !

Use shift together with those keys for a slightly faster movement... press and hold down shift before you press the other key.