Announcing the TorqueSim Pocket Rocket Release!

Cameron

TorqueSim and X-Aviation are excited to announce the release of the Pocket Rocket will be this Saturday!

The Pocket Rocket is a lightweight, PT6 powered beast! We have modeled two variants: a retractable-tricycle configuration and a fixed tailwheel version. Both have empty weights of near 1,000 pounds and are equipped with the 715 ESHP PT6A-28 engine. With the equipped Oxygen system, you can take this plane to FL250 and cruise for hours! In the retract version, cruise speeds of up to Mach 0.6 can be reached!

Features:

• Retractable Tricycle Gear Variant and Fixed Tailwheel Variants
  • Highly detailed 3D model
  • Full PBR 4K Texturing
  • Custom Systems, including:
    • Fully custom electrical system
    • Custom engine start system
    • Custom fuel manager
    • Custom lighting
  • Customized G1000 with:
    • Custom Engine parameter sidebars
    • Custom annunciators
    • Integrated checklists
    • Synthetic Vision - licensed from HotStart
  • Custom G5 Backup Attitude Indicator (PFD only)
  • Custom Tail Number config utility
  • High-fidelity FMOD sound pack
  • Maintenance and Failure simulation
  • Custom Load Manager
  • Persistent systems
  • Fully custom C++ Plugin using the X-Plane SDK
  • Includes 11 liveries, a Blank Livery & Paint-kit

The Pocket Rocket will be available starting midnight Saturday morning (Eastern Time Zone) exclusively on X-Aviation. The price will be announced soon.

PCKRCK_1.jpg

PR 2019-03-19 18-09-12.jpeg

PR 2019-03-19 18-10-24.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 18-18-59.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 18-18-38.jpeg

sexy6.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 16-56-32.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 17-19-37.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 17-41-18.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 17-23-10.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 17-30-19.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 19-13-14.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 19-38-32.jpeg

X-Plane 2019-03-19 19-39-11.jpeg

We'll see you this weekend! :)

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

Is it based on Thomas Dietrich airplane? Did he take part  in development?

Yes, it is based on his plane, we swapped out the engine for a PT6 and made avionics swaps as well. He wasn't involved with the development directly, but we have been in contact with him and he has given us permission to model his aircraft.

5 hours ago, Pieterken said:

Hi,

Is it possible to use 2 separate joysticks on this plane on 1 PC?

I believe that is a limitation of X-Plane, so I would not think so. Though our aircraft uses the standard X-Plane 11 joystick interface, so if you have a way to get two joysticks to work with other aircraft that use X-Plane's control interface, it should work with this plane as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coop said:

Yes, it is based on his plane, we swapped out the engine for a PT6 and made avionics swaps as well. He wasn't involved with the development directly, but we have been in contact with him and he has given us permission to model his aircraft.

Did he have any input on flight model?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdflyer said:

Did he have any input on flight model?

Nothing beyond some discussions surrounding performance of his aircraft. This performance of this plane will be a bit different from his since the Allison turbine is replaced with the PT6. 

• Like 1

Hey there,

I've been keeping an eye on this one.
It kinda looks like an insane two-seater Extra 300 with a turbine and modern avionics except it's made for fast flights and pure fun.
Please, could we get more performance numbers like: rate of climb/descent (w/ speeds), stall speeds (does it even stall power on??), cruise speed @FL250 (max cruise and 75% RPM), VA, VMO, thrust-to-weight ratio maybe?
Also, is there a known roll rate?
(I think there's a typo on the TorqueSim product page for the fuel capacity (1155 lbs))

We're lucky people like Thomas Dietrich and TorqueSim exist and make aviation great ;)

Best wishes for the release!

Edited by Bourrinopathe

12 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:
Hey there,

I've been keeping an eye on this one.

It kinda looks like an insane two-seater Extra 300 with a turbine and modern avionics except it's made for fast flights and pure fun.

Please, could we get more performance numbers like: rate of climb/descent (w/ speeds), stall speeds (does it even stall power on??), cruise speed @FL250 (max cruise and 75% RPM), VA, VMO, thrust-to-weight ratio maybe?

Also, is there a known roll rate?

(I think there's a typo on the TorqueSim product page for the fuel capacity (1155 lbs))

We're lucky people like Thomas Dietrich and TorqueSim exist and make aviation great [emoji6]

Best wishes for the release!

A full manual will he made available later today before release with all those figures.

Exactly, this plane is designed to be super fun and very fast!

Official figures will be published later today, but this plane can climb sustained at ~7000 fpm, and does not have a power on stall speed. (Stall speed power off is ~50kts) Cruise speed (retract gear version) at FL250 is Mach 0.6.

Fuel capacity isn’t a typo - those tip tanks are huge! And we have large Center fuel tank. (The fuel system has 190 gallons total capacity)

Thank you for the kind words- happy flying!

Edited by Coop
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coop said:

Fuel capacity isn’t a type - those tip tanks are huge! And we have large Center fuel tank. (The fuel system has 190 gallons total capacity)

Ahah ok that's totally insane too ^_^ (but it also makes sense as the PT6 is a thirsty thing)
Thanks for the details Coop!

I can't wait to fly that beast!

By the way, I know it implies a significant amount of work (including additional engine instruments), but did you consider a Reality XP GTN variant? (especially as you already have a nice G5 available)

Edited by Bourrinopathe

2 hours ago, Bourrinopathe said:

Ahah ok that's totally insane too ^_^ (but it also makes sense as the PT6 is a thirsty thing)
Thanks for the details Coop!

I can't wait to fly that beast!

By the way, I know it implies a significant amount of work (including additional engine instruments), but did you consider a Reality XP GTN variant? (especially as you already have a nice G5 available)

G5 doesn't have anything to do with GTN. G5 uses any GPS source available (in real life)

I know ;)
It's just that two G5 (attitude indicator + HSI (this one is not coded)) would fit perfectly with a GTN 750 (+650 if it fits somewhere).
Also, the G5 can be connected to the GTN irl (so the instruments are sync'ed).5
But I know TorqueSim won't go there as it requires more work and it would be Windows only.

Still… the GTN has far superior ergonomics compared to the G1000 imho.

10 minutes ago, Bourrinopathe said:

I know ;)
It's just that two G5 (attitude indicator + HSI (this one is not coded)) would fit perfectly with a GTN 750 (+650 if it fits somewhere).
Also, the G5 can be connected to the GTN irl (so the instruments are sync'ed).5
But I know TorqueSim won't go there as it requires more work and it would be Windows only.

Still… the GTN has far superior ergonomics compared to the G1000 imho.

I'm not sure how detailed G5 will be modeled, but there are several screens that can be brought up on G5 (in real life) G5 HSI unit requires GMU11 magnetometer mounted on the wing. I don't think think developers will go to that extreme LOL, but who knows ;)

52 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

'm not sure how detailed G5 will be modeled, but there are several screens that can be brought up on G5 (in real life) G5 HSI

There are actually only two. The EFIS/PFD display, and the HSI. Taking it a step further, if you are in a certified airplane only ONE screen exists per the FAA STC. Only when two are installed together can you have that ability with the HSI unit being able to go between both PFD as a backup, and the HSI. The primary PFD can never show the HSI in a certified install, whereas in experimental it can.

The magnetometer is simply there for HDG readings rather than TRK. When the G5 gets a GMU11 paired with it then the heading at the top turns from pink to white to indicate you are seeing HDG instead of TRK. In the images above you can see HDG, implying the GMU11 is "installed" on this aircraft.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cameron said:

There are actually only two. The EFIS/PFD display, and the HSI. Taking it a step further, if you are in a certified airplane only ONE screen exists per the FAA STC. Only when two are installed together can you have that ability with the HSI unit being able to go between both PFD as a backup, and the HSI. The primary PFD can never show the HSI in a certified install, whereas in experimental it can.

The magnetometer is simply there for HDG readings rather than TRK. When the G5 gets a GMU11 paired with it then the heading at the top turns from pink to white to indicate you are seeing HDG instead of TRK. In the images above you can see HDG, implying the GMU11 is "installed" on this aircraft.

Yes two interchangeable "flying" screens.

I bought mine STC G5 when it just appeared on the market in 2016. I can switch between HSI and PFD screens even thought I don't have second G5 unit or GMU11  installed. Go figure

10 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

I bought mine STC G5 when it just appeared on the market in 2016. I can switch between HSI and PFD screens even thought I don't have second G5 unit or GMU11  installed. Go figure

If you can do that on an STC'd PFD unit then this is an illegal install. The FAA does not want this, and Garmin does not allow this on a legally installed, STC'd G5 PFD unit UNLESS you installed it to replace a primary HSI/DG and left your primary attitude indicator installed. It's also possible that you or someone who did your install updated the software to the latest version via the SD card slot and accidentally (or not ;) ) installed the experimental software, which overrides this limitation on the STC'd units. Either way, having experimental software on the certified install units is also illegal in the eyes of the FAA/Garmin.

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

If you can do that on an STC'd unit then this is an illegal install. The FAA does not want this, and Garmin does not allow this on a legally installed, STC'd G5 PFD unit UNLESS you installed it to replace a primary HSI and left your primary attitude indicator installed.

II bought it from Chief Aircraft, STCed by Garmin and installed by legit avionic shop. Also G5 was serviced last year by Garmin once.  Numerous IFR check rides in my airplane by different student never had an issue.

Just now, sdflyer said:

II bought it from Chief Aircraft, STCed by Garmin and installed by legit avionic shop. Also G5 was serviced last year by Garmin once.  Numerous IFR check rides in my airplane by different student never had an issue.

That doesn't make it legal. Go read the STC if you don't believe me. This is one area I am very well educated in (avionics and STC's).

Is it a primary PFD replacement, or a DG/HSI replacement?