TBM 900 v1.1.7 Update Released!

Cameron

The reason we ask people to remove plugins is to find out which one is causing the CTD.  That's just the first step.  Once we find out which plugin is the problem, Saso then tries to figure out a way to create a "workaround" to the problem, if he can, from the TBM side...so in the next update, the conflicts will hopefully stop.  If he cannot find the problem in the TBM, then we ask the person with the problem to make contact with the developer of the plugin so THEY can take a look and see if they can find the problem.

The same thing happened with the Saab.  People were getting crashes when they ran the Saab with xEnviro, and they were absolutely sure it was the Saab that was at fault.  Jim (Saab programmer) and Ben (Gizmo programmer) went through every single bit of code to see if they could find the problem.  They never did, and determined it was indeed, xEnviro.  Andrey at xEnviro denied there was any problems.  I pleaded with him to check, and he reluctantly checked, expecting to find nothing.  He added some debug code and asked a small group of people to test it.  After testing, he found the problem was indeed with xEnviro and proceeded to implement an update.  This update, however, from my understanding, won't be available until version 1.10.

We certainly don't want anyone to permanently remove their plugins.  It's just a way for us to determine what is causing the problem so we can go about fixing it.

In saying all that, most of the issues people are experiencing are isolated to a very small group of people, but we still try to help as many people as we can.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 3

It will help if QA department uses some bread and butter plugin when testing TBM 900.  I consider following bread and butter because otherwise the functionality/enjoyment of the sim is greatly reduced. 

Pluigin

XPUIPC (needed for so many other plugin including ATC, VA, etc)

MoveVR

VATSIM/IVAO

Scenery 

Ortho4XP (assuming no bad tile)

HD Mesh

SAM

Edited by Sims Smith

@Goran_M We certainly don't want anyone to permanently remove their plugins.  It's just a way for us to determine what is causing the problem so we can go about fixing it.

Oh I'm sure about it of course and you guys are definitely right to ask to remove temporary plugins in general in order to pinpoint sources or to eliminate step by step what could be or not the cause of an issue.

I don't use Xenviro by the way, I made some test with the last version 1.09s during 3 or 4 days lately from time to time, otherwise I'm waiting for the 1.10.

I only use Active Skyxp and FSGWR... because of FPS perf I had to remove Skymaxx pro and RWC not because of CTD.

Really I've already removed all my 3 plugs during the last test of the last version 1.1.4c (I think) I mean it was only for one or two hours of test, I left the AP doing his job (it made a big change without my favorite plugs/weather, boring hhh but for the good of the test)  I even removed engine weather only CAVOK for testing, I indeed didn't have any ctd but I didn't have a ctd with all my plugs during 3 days in a row as well!  So in this case if someone explain me after testing how can I know where the issue is coming, I buy it.

So, any CTD with or without plugins based on my humble tests, back to square one somehow.

Also, for instance, with the previous version I thought I was in a stable way with my TBM that I even started my world tour, I flew during 4 or 5 days with my plugs/engine weather without any CTD before getting one from "nowhere" so that I allowed myself to think that if a plug could cause the issue I should had be warned before flying during hour, days "in continue" without any CTD...  I didn't add any scene, any plug, any addon or else... So I think that it's easy to believe from my side that my plug are not the cause here, it could be but what could make me think this way?  I have no clue to think it is.

Cheers

Edited by LKN

I know a number of our testers had Vatsim, XPUIPC, Ortho and HD Mesh.  

Especially the streamers.

I don't think I've seen any testers with SAM or MoveVR.  

The problem is, the more plugins that are added, the bigger the chance is for a crash or some other kind of issue.  

Not ideal, but there's always that small percentage of people that get the problems.  

I can assure you, though...the number of people with these problems represent less than 3% of TBM users.  But we do understand that ANYONE with problems needs to be helped if any problems arise.  
So far, in the last 5 months since the TBM was released, most of our time was dedicated to testing and fixing bugs as well as adding new features.

Hi every body !

I follow this topic from fews days and was among the first to expérience the blinking effect.

First, it happens only inside the cockpit.

Second, Closing the AOA indicator solve the pbm.

It doesnt seems to be drivers related, but an update sometime help....

Third there's something weird with XP réflections settings: if i put it to 0 (mini or none..) problèm solved !

Lastly, does anybody tried/asked about "the experimental flight mode" in XP settings and his "effect" ?

Finally, in my logs.txt, i have ton's of warnings about "/TBM/xx-yy.dsf malformations"...

Any idea?

I very thanks you the Dev and the community for such a nice job/ work/ product !

Pierre

Ps: flying with no AOA is not such a serious issue...... wait for 1.1.8 !!! ;-)

7 minutes ago, pierolowfinujaz said:

Hi every body !

I follow this topic from fews days and was among the first to expérience the blinking effect.

First, it happens only inside the cockpit.

Second, Closing the AOA indicator solve the pbm.

It doesnt seems to be drivers related, but an update sometime help....

Third there's something weird with XP réflections settings: if i put it to 0 (mini or none..) problèm solved !

Lastly, does anybody tried/asked about "the experimental flight mode" in XP settings and his "effect" ?

Finally, in my logs.txt, i have ton's of warnings about "/TBM/xx-yy.dsf malformations"...

Any idea?

I very thanks you the Dev and the community for such a nice job/ work/ product !

Pierre

Ps: flying with no AOA is not such a serious issue...... wait for 1.1.8 !!! ;-)

You can actually set the reflection detail to low and the blinking should stop.  So you can still use the AoA HUD.
Experimental model is NOT recommended.  So please don't use it as it might have unpredictable results.  Particularly on takeoff.

And thank you for the comments.

:)

The TBM-900 was working fine until I updated from v1.1.6 to  v1.1.7. Now it CTD when it tries to load the aircraft. I removed every plugin except Gizmo64 and it CTDs every time while loading the TBMacf file. Something is wrong with this update. Was going to purchase the new pocket rocket but as it uses some TBM-900 features I am holding off till this issue gets fixed and I have a working aircraft again. I put all my plugins back in and here is the log file from the last CTD.

Log.txt

59 minutes ago, tommykins said:

The TBM-900 was working fine until I updated from v1.1.6 to  v1.1.7. Now it CTD when it tries to load the aircraft. I removed every plugin except Gizmo64 and it CTDs every time while loading the TBMacf file. Something is wrong with this update. Was going to purchase the new pocket rocket but as it uses some TBM-900 features I am holding off till this issue gets fixed and I have a working aircraft again. I put all my plugins back in and here is the log file from the last CTD.

Log.txt

You have outdated nvidia driver.  Update to at least 419.35

Hi guys anyone having an issue where the frame rates drop by 10 frames when viewing though the window pilots seat at the prop ? when the prop starts to spin and get up to speed i lose 10 frames a second sim unusable  . Latest  x plane update and latest version from tbm 900 hot start.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic