TBM-900 1.1.6 Crash while loading - "Caught SIGSEGV: segmentation fault"

Eirik350

The TBM-900 V1.1.6, on X-Plane 11.32R2 is crashing while loading the aircraft, before anything is rendered.

Running MacOS 10.14.2 w/ GTX 680.

I attached the TBM900_Log.txt and the X-Plane Log.txt files.

BTW, the TBM's log says running 1.1.4b, which is incorrect. X-Plane's Log.txt has the version correct: 1.1.6.

Also, where is the best place to report crashes, the forum or the discord?

TBM900_Log.txt

Log.txt

Edited by Eirik350
Added the X-Plane Log.txt

The issue seems to have gone away after I removed all the plugins, and then put all of them back... no idea why.

Also, I saw some people on the forum talking about the extreme lag issue with the rain effect, which i think is also on the Zibo 737. I have been having that issue. I think it only happens when I have a plugin using SASL loaded, so I'm wondering if the rain effect (Think it's called librain) has some sort of issue while running with SASL. The plugins that seem to cause the lag issue are AVS and Skunkcrafts updater, both of which I think use SASL.

No idea if the above is helpful, but it doesn't hurt to tell you.

Edited by Eirik350
Librain, not Gizmo or TBM. Also made the whole thing readable.

1 hour ago, skiselkov said:

@cpuwolf More context please. I googled for the issue and some folks have been recommending updating the display driver. Are you running an AMD GPU?

hi skiselkov, I met this issue only when I am starting a new flight with TBM-900. but it is not 100% reproducible. so I said it is sometimes.

but once it reproduced, it will pop up a window above, and I have to restart X-plane again, by high chance, it will be fine for the second boot

I will keep an eye on it. my config is 7700k+GTX980 i think it is super standard config. and I am not newbie on X-Plane

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the same issue in the middle of a flight, it seems to occasionally happen while loading the TBM, and this is the first time it's happened while flying.

TBM900[except.c:99]: Caught SIGSEGV: segmentation fault (0x8)

Running TBM V1.1.7

Additional Info:

Had loaded a different aircraft before loading this one

Was looking through the flightplan on the G1000 when crash occured.

Using the mac_x64 beta fix that skiselkov sent me.

Log.txt

Edited by Eirik350