Plane not tracking LNAV in 11.32r2?

SWA4420

Hi Litjan - my B733 is not tracking LNAV in the latest release of XP11.32r2.  VNAV works fine, but not LNAV, and yes, I am very familiar with "flying" a B733 ;) I have to use HDG select to for lateral tracking. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Jim

EDIT - I did another flight, and it worked correctly...weird.  XPlane did hang on exit, though...had to use WTM to end the process.

QUESTION - is it possible to stop the FOV from resetting to 60 degrees whenever I switch views from external back into the cockpit?  I have a 3 monitor setup and use 115 degrees for my FOV across all 3 screens.

Edited by SWA4420

Hi Jim,

we did fix a lot of LNAV tracking problems with the latest update...but yeah, it could be that some more are lingering. Hard to find this stuff - if you get a case that is readily reproducible, we´d be grateful to hear about it!

Not sure on the FOV, but I think the "IXEG view system" is also a good candidate for getting cut with the next update - X-Plane´system is all that is needed, in my opinon.

Cheers, Jan

Hey Jan -

OK - some more weirdness....

1.  sometimes the trim wheel sound is constant when it's hardly moving or not moving.

2. last two flights, VNAV was buggy - had to switch to VS

3. last flight - LNAV was problematic....it seems that it doesn't like to track more than a 90 degree turn after takeoff....last flight was a 180 turn once airborne.

Specs: XP11.32r2, Win7-64, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 w/4GB VRAM, 3.5Ghz intel CPU.

Jim

3 hours ago, SWA4420 said:

Hey Jan -

1.  sometimes the trim wheel sound is constant when it's hardly moving or not moving.

I have noticed this doing some flight controls settings with a script. The only way to end this was to disable AP, move the trim with (in my case) the joystick, and reengage AP.

It must be that unusual "clicks" trigger a bug.

Do you use other input besides a standard joystick? A hardware panel or so?

6 hours ago, TonyVier said:

I have noticed this doing some flight controls settings with a script. The only way to end this was to disable AP, move the trim with (in my case) the joystick, and reengage AP.

It must be that unusual "clicks" trigger a bug.

Do you use other input besides a standard joystick? A hardware panel or so?

Hi Tony - yes, I have the full goflight airliner captain setup including trim wheels.  I also have a switch on my yoke for stab trim and one for aileron trim.  I'll do another flight and if this happens again, I'll try your idea...

Thanks,
Jim

13 hours ago, SWA4420 said:

Hey Jan -

2. last two flights, VNAV was buggy - had to switch to VS

3. last flight - LNAV was problematic....it seems that it doesn't like to track more than a 90 degree turn after takeoff....last flight was a 180 turn once airborne.

Specs: XP11.32r2, Win7-64, 16GB RAM, GTX 970 w/4GB VRAM, 3.5Ghz intel CPU.

Jim

Hi Jim,

1.) Yes, hardware interaction can be tricky - us few IXEG devs don´t have all the hardware out there, and especially when scripts or plugins come into play, things quickly become unpredictable. Nonetheless we like to hear about interfacing issues, as we want our plane to work with what is out there to the highest possible degree.

The trim wheel sound plays whenever the stab trim is moving. There is a sound for fast and one for slow trim. So if the sound is playing, chances are that the trim is moving, maybe ever so slightly - this could be due to an electromechanical pickup on your hardware fluttering between two values, for example.

2.) Yes, VNAV can be buggy, we are aware of that. You did right - if it doesn´t work like it should, revert to more directly controlled modes.

3.) Its hard to say what went wrong without at least a series of pictures or even better yet a short movie, showing the LEGS page and the two displays (EADI and EHSI) in the cockpit.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan -

I've tried activating the AP immediately upon takeoff then hitting LNAV and VNAV, and it seems to do better...past couple of flights have gone OK.  With VNAV, I've found that if an attitude is listed as 20000A, the plane will not descend unless I change it to /20000, and do it for all "A" restrictions listed, the plane will recalculate to hit those altitudes on descent to follow the profile correctly....more testing/flights to come!

Thanks,
Jim

• Like 1