Graphics glitch in 1.1.6, windows and outside view shaking

citronboll

So, I have a graphics glitch with 1.1.6. Everything visible through the windows are shaking, and form an outside view the actual windows are shaking.

I didn't find a thread about this, so I'm not sure if any other users have this issue. I'm not sure what else to write, I think it's just easier showing with a video. The framerate went quite low during screen recording, but the issue was there even at higher framerates.

Operating system: macOS Mojave 10.14.3

X-Plane version: 11.32r2 (Log.txt attached to this post)

TMB900 version: 1.1.6

Unlisted youtube video showing the issue: 

Log.txt

I have not been able to reproduce the issue. It may have been a one time thing, or it may be one of those rare things that happen as the stars line up in a particular way while launching the sim at exactly 23:06:23 CET. Who knows.

The GPU temps were fine. 80°C is the most I've seen why flying, and it never happened until I installed 1.1.6, and then it happened on the first flight. I'll fly some more and see if it happens again.

It happened again today. After a flight from Denver to Aspen, with a lot of time spent in IMC conditions, the windows started to jump around. What this flight had in common with the first time it happened was that it was about the same flight time, and both were flown inside of clouds to a large extent. It would seem that weather and possibly rain effects are messing something up, but there's not enough data to support that theory. GPU was still at a nice 80°C, so no overheating issues.

I'm going to do some more flights in IMC conditions over the coming days and see if I can find a way to replicate this, and if I do, I will try with all plugins disabled to see if it's something on my end that is causing issues.

The TBM uses shaders for the rain and icing, and you're seeing the shaking on the areas that have these shaders applied to them.  So it's a combination of the shaders and specific hardware or even GPU drivers.  

Are you running a Radeon 560 or 580 by any chance?

Edit:  Never mind.  I just looked at your log again.  Radeon 580.  There are some weird things happening between the 560 and 580.

Edited by Goran_M

So it's probably a bug related to the 560 and 580 then. It never happened before 1.1.6, so there must have been some change that triggered this behaviour.

Unfortunately it makes the plane almost unflyable, because the shaking is giving me headaches and eye-strain. I guess I could try turning off the weather effects, but that's no fun.

Is there anything I can do to help find the cause of the issue?

I have as of yet been unable to reproduce the issue even before trying the beta build. It's not clear to me when it happens, but I have had it happen three times during flight, and no time during me trying to reproduce it. It seems to be a bit random as to when it will happen. Flying through heavy precipitation and then out in the clear has had it happen before, but I can't reproduce it by replicating those conditions now. I will keep trying.

I did however run into another fun issue, that may or may not be related to this. Look at the windows in the clip on the ground. I got this at about the same point where I would get the shaking effect before. Since both are related to the windows I figure it could be related somehow, but I'm not sure. It's kinda like getting two planes for the price of one! ;)