TBM 900 v1.1.6 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.1.6 update for the TBM 900. All customers who have purchased the TBM 900 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the TBM 900 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.1.6 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original TBM 900 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

Improvements / New Features:

• Implemented new LOC guidance code to work around the need to set CDI to front course.
  • Implemented YD phaseout with airspeed.
  • Added multi-threaded rendering support for synthetic vision. SYN VIS should now be much cheaper on performance.
  • New rain effects using async compute. Available only on Windows & Linux. Mac gets the old rain effect.
  • Implemented the "Vertical track" audio message.
  • Made SYN VIS horizon headings more readable by adding darker outline.
  • Redesigned steering force control logic to better handle centering forces.

Bugfixes:

• Steering had a confusing delay on it, which made for difficult directional control.
  • Turning on NAV or STROBE lights should disable red wingtip beacons.
  • Overspeed should come on at 269 KIAS and turn off at 268 KIAS.
  • Reverse numbers should be 27-35 trq, 1850 rpm, Ng 85%.
  • Gear manual extension rates were incorrect.
  • WXR-related crash during resumption of previously interrupted flight.
  • "FMS LFE" should be automatic upon FPL entry on the ground.
  • Pushing Go-Around should put the HSI back into GPS mode.
  • Replaced aural_warn_test and gear_warn recordings with cleaner samples.
  • Implemented OVERSPEED aural message.
  • Force the avionics_on dataref to 1.
  • When we had the A/P override set, unset it if the CDI mode changes.
  • SYN VIS north horizon heading should be 360 and sub-100 headings shouldn't have a leading '0'.
  • SYN VIS airport loading could fail sporadically, resulting in missing runways.
  • SYN VIS old method of computing airport label placement was broken.
  • AIRAC cycle 1904 was mislabeled as 1304.
  • Make sure GL_BLEND is enabled, because in X-Plane windowing context it sometimes isn't.
  • Bezel drawing didn't work in popped-out windows due to X-Plane swapping in a different OpenGL context.
  • X-Plane 11.32r2 seems to have broken our Vertex Array Object processing, so we have to work around that.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 5

I downloaded my update and went to install it like I have done with all the others since first release. This time, however, I received a GIZMO installing (See attached). First, I have no idea what or how this GIZMO whatever it is even got on my PC; Second, how do I correct this so I can complete the installation? Am I the only one to receive this error? This kind of issue is precisely why I try to avoid ADD-ONs like FLYWITHLUA and many others. All this stuff if not managed automatically with the software installation, just muddies up the water and make flying no longer fun but a PITA to get the sim up and running.

Please help as I love the TBM.

Thanks,  

GizmoErrorInstallingTBMv1.6.JPG

Gizmo is a part of the TBM install and is managed by the installer.

The error indicates X-Plane is either still running or did not properly shut down and unload plugins when you last quit it. If that's the case you will want to restart your computer and run the install again.

Love the FPS boost for the synthetic vision. As a comparison, old version had me at about 35 fps in fairly undemanding scenery. Same situation now at 50 fps. Means the synthetic vision can remain on all the time rather than an occasional treat. New rain effects also seem to be a bit more fps friendly than the old ones but that may just be my wishful thinking.. Ability to use SV all the time has given a new lease of life to an already excellent aircraft.

I just had a X-Plane crash with TBM (1.1.6), something that never happened, I was climbing crossing 12 thousand feet and I decided to turn on the synthetic vision and my X-Plane crashed, i tested before this flight turning on synthetic vision on ground and was ok, but in flight no.

I do not know if this is a bug, it's only a report ...

Impossible to load the latest TBM (1.1.6) on x-plane.

tried to install already 3 times and when it loads, frame rate is 1...Uninstall and installed again with no changes....

Any idea....??

Mac, OS 10.14.3 and X-plane 10.32,

Before with the version 1.1.4c was running with no issues....

12 minutes ago, LKN said:

Hi again!

It may sounds crazy but where is the synthetic vision option? I just gave an other try to download the last version but I don't find this new option and start to wonder if it's the new version I have downloaded or still the previous one? I wasn't in front of my screen after loading a flight with the TBM so I didn't see if there was a window except that this time it didn't mention that it was the 1.1.4c, I just had to sign in X§aviation email and password so that I guess that  I do have this time the last version 1.1.16? but again can't find the new synthetic vision option?

On PFD, PFD -> SYN VIS -> SVN TERR

• Upvote 1

Odd...all these frame rate  hits.  I'm just the opposite.  Getting 55 where I usually get 35 and all the stuttering from the outside view is gone.  The plane looks amazing.  The only problem I had was the pointer changed into a scroll wheel just on the auto pilot control.  It was fine anywhere else on the screen.  I'll try it again in a little while and see if it reoccurs. 

Absolutely amazing aircraft, it really is, in over 20 years of flight simulation have never seen anything like this aircraft....and i have them all. the only problem I am getting is that it won't hold it's altitude, so for example if I set the altitude to 3000ft before take off, it just keeps climbing, if it gets to 5 or 6000 ft it still climbs, i try vs, flc etc but it still wants to climb.....so what am I doing wrong? What's the procedure for take off please.....advice please?

Thank you....regards Paul

20 minutes ago, tull said:

Absolutely amazing aircraft, it really is, in over 20 years of flight simulation have never seen anything like this aircraft....and i have them all. the only problem I am getting is that it won't hold it's altitude, so for example if I set the altitude to 3000ft before take off, it just keeps climbing, if it gets to 5 or 6000 ft it still climbs, i try vs, flc etc but it still wants to climb.....so what am I doing wrong? What's the procedure for take off please.....advice please?

Thank you....regards Paul

Is your AP trims switch on?

Yes..absolutley...all is configured correctly.....when i reduce power and turn the ap off and back on sometimes it will go back to the assigned altitude but it's like a rocking boat at times. I will keep trying different config and check my hardware config etc but I have done all that previous to my post. In the UK here so off to bed now but thank you for such a FANTASTIC aeroplane! 

Regards

Paul EGCC 

1 hour ago, tull said:

Yes..absolutley...all is configured correctly.....when i reduce power and turn the ap off and back on sometimes it will go back to the assigned altitude but it's like a rocking boat at times. I will keep trying different config and check my hardware config etc but I have done all that previous to my post. In the UK here so off to bed now but thank you for such a FANTASTIC aeroplane! 

Regards

Paul EGCC 

Perhaps we could get Toto or Goran to video a text book flight from start to finish following all the procedures running the TBM through all its paces. From there we can all, with our unique setups fly the exact same flight using all the same add-one and settings. If then the flight goes well then it is something we are doing incorrectly during flight causing the various anomalies. 

Make sense to me and why would Anyone object if we are to realize the TBM is as aswesome as it seems to be.

1 hour ago, tull said:

Regards

Paul EGCC 

Do you have any complex external hardware?  Any doubled up control assignments?  

14 minutes ago, MrScott said:

Perhaps we could get Toto or Goran to video a text book flight from start to finish following all the procedures running the TBM through all its paces. From there we can all, with our unique setups fly the exact same flight using all the same add-one and settings. If then the flight goes well then it is something we are doing incorrectly during flight causing the various anomalies. 

Make sense to me and why would Anyone object if we are to realize the TBM is as aswesome as it seems to be.

Will do a test flight tonight.  I might stream it.  If I do stream, I'll let you know.

15 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Will do a test flight tonight.  I might stream it.  If I do stream, I'll let you know.

15 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Goran,

As a representative of the company, thanks for stepping in. That is why I suggest you state your hardware and setup as well as flight plan details. If we then can emulate your flight with the same outcome then there is a basis to troubleshoot. I look forward to seeing your post and video and making the flight myself.

17 hours ago, pilotogerson said:
4 hours ago, Goran_M said:
7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Goran,

I'm up early this Sunday morning and checking in to see how your flight went last night. I just wanted to add...my request for a TEXTBOOK FLIGHT by TBM video would do a number of things to promote not only this fabulous aircraft but the outstanding, and well respected professionals like yourself that were integral in making it happen. As I reflect back on my Flight Sim history, albeit returning after a long sabbatical, from the early days of VATSIM to the first add-on aircraft for FSX, never do I recall a developer doing anything like this.. Granted we did not have internet as we know it today, but the thought of a developer doing a stock flight showcasing all the features of their product, complete with setup, hardware specs, software settings, everything a customer might find helpful in either mirroring his/her system or at the very least comparing their performance to yours, has never been done. Please  somebody correct me if I am wrong. 

Coming from a career in Sales and Marketing I can tell you the more transparent you are with the customer the more trust they will have in you.Toto's two Live intro sessions were, IMHO, a real game changer and one of the smartest moves HOTSTART made other than the decision produce the TBM in the first place. Getting up close and personal with your users is precisely what builds brand loyalty and long term sustainable sales growth. 

You guys are doing it right and I will buy whatever you produce, if for no other reason, to support People of integrity, and you make fine products. Thanks again and I await a link to your video. 

Edited by MrScott

Wow.  After reading that, I feel like buying the TBM, myself.  Even though I helped make it and have had it for over a year.  Helluva salesman!

Ok, test flight hasn't happened yet.  Just past 9PM in my timezone right now, and a lot of my day has been answering support and working on our next project.  

I usually go to bed about 2-3am, so my plan is to make a quick test flight around midnight  (1300UTC)

It won't be a full, point A to point B flight.  I'll take off, run through some drills, engage a few systems, and see how it goes.

23 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

Wow.  After reading that, I feel like buying the TBM, myself.  Even though I helped make it and have had it for over a year.  Helluva salesman!

Ok, test flight hasn't happened yet.  Just past 9PM in my timezone right now, and a lot of my day has been answering support and working on our next project.  

I usually go to bed about 2-3am, so my plan is to make a quick test flight around midnight  (1300UTC)

It won't be a full, point A to point B flight.  I'll take off, run through some drills, engage a few systems, and see how it goes.

Well, the level of support you have provided reflects on you as a representative of the company. I, as well as other will appreciate whatever you provide to, at the very least, validate these latest 1.1.6v questions.

Tell me, other than Toto and yourself, who else is instrumental in the TBM's development? Is there a site where they hangout? I'm looking for a place I know they will see and hear from their community of supporters. I have no doubt they are seeing all this and to not reply does make sense, as they would get nothing done except field questions on forums. Which is precisely why I asked for the Textbook Flight. In addition to what you provide, I trust Toto would be willing to fulfill this request as requested. He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain showing off the true colors of the sim. Please not in a live stream. that is too distracting and causes one to jump around plus, those of us who are unable, or where not aware, and did not call in, feel left out and disconnecting from the conversation when watching it later. Better to make a "See how your TBM experience compares to mine" and let me know what you find so we can further improve our product.

Edited by MrScott

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic