Limited bank angle

pkorkala

Hello pilots!

When I fly online and ATC gives me a heading the plane turns very slowly - as if the bank angle is limited to something like 10 or 15 degrees. 

I cannot find where to set the max bank angle, where do I set this? Like on the Zibo 738 you do this above the heading knob.

/Peter

1 hour ago, pkorkala said:

Hello pilots!

When I fly online and ATC gives me a heading the plane turns very slowly - as if the bank angle is limited to something like 10 or 15 degrees. 

I cannot find where to set the max bank angle, where do I set this? Like on the Zibo 738 you do this above the heading knob.

/Peter

The answer to this could have been found with a simple search of these forums.  The max bank angle is not adjustable by the user.  This problem has been fixed on our end and will be included in the next update (v1.5.2).

Edited by JGregory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JGregory said:

The answer to this could have been found with a simple search of these forums.  The max bank angle is not adjustable by the user.  This problem has been fixed on our end and will be included in the next update (v1.5.2).

Thanks for the quick answer! And sorry for not searching first, I seriously thought I did something wrong (as I bought this plane just two weeks ago). I really didn't thought of the possibility of a bug in this relatively old airplane.

Do we know when the fix will be available (as you mention it's already fixed)?

/Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When was this buggy version released (the current one), does someone know? Was it in August? That's nine months ago!

I bought it in February, and I'm really frustrated that the developers keep saying the bank angle is fixed, but not yet released. When I look at this forum's pinned threads, all of them seems to be very old. I have to ask, is this plane abandoned by the developers?

When someone asks me about my thoughts about the Saab, I have to be honest with them. Maybe I should tell them to buy the Carenado Saab instead, as this version seems to be buggy and no bugfixes are available. 

/Peter

It's not abandoned, I think there's a few hints on the forum that the next update is pretty substantial, hence the time.
--Retraction, refer post down a few --  Carenado is waaaaaaaay worse, all about eye candy with no substance in that stable. Wouldn't hold your breath for updates to that saab either -_-

Edited by N1K
Retraction of comment

11 hours ago, pkorkala said:

When was this buggy version released (the current one), does someone know? Was it in August? That's nine months ago!

I bought it in February, and I'm really frustrated that the developers keep saying the bank angle is fixed, but not yet released. When I look at this forum's pinned threads, all of them seems to be very old. I have to ask, is this plane abandoned by the developers?

When someone asks me about my thoughts about the Saab, I have to be honest with them. Maybe I should tell them to buy the Carenado Saab instead, as this version seems to be buggy and no bug fixes are available. 

/Peter

I guess you have no idea how much effort these developers put in to give you a good product. This is the best of the two, and if his update includes the updated turbo stuff it will probably only get better. There is a reason why developers dont tell us dates, just gives some more excuses to complain,

On 5/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, N1K said:

It's not abandoned, I think there's a few hints on the forum that the next update is pretty substantial, hence the time.
Carenado is waaaaaaaay worse, all about eye candy with no substance in that stable. Wouldn't hold your breath for updates to that saab either -_-

I bought the Carenado Saab because I was tired of waiting to fly this one. It is MUCH more than eye candy and, having flown both, find it lacking nothing in comparison. And, for the record, it has been updated THREE times since I've been waiting for this one to be updated. So Carenado is FAR from"waaaaaaaay worse." They are waaaaaaaay better as far as bug fixes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, haskell99 said:

So Carenado is FAR from"waaaaaaaay worse." They are waaaaaaaay better as far as bug fixes. 

This goes to show how subjective the view is.

If you're happy with an aircraft that doesn't properly and in-depth simulate systems, but has "bug fixes" for things, cool!

Our product is utilized in training departments of airlines, and the person you quoted above is a real world Saab driver.

So, say what you like, insult as you wish, but we can highly beg to differ with what's "waaaaaaaay better". Some people just like simple and lack of realism in systems simulation. You seem to fall in this camp and that's okay, but majority of our customers do not. Enjoy Carenado! :) 

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

This goes to show how subjective the view is.

If you're happy with an aircraft that doesn't properly and in-depth simulate systems, but has "bug fixes" for things, cool!

Our product is utilized in training departments of airlines, and the person you quoted above is a real world Saab driver.

So, say what you like, insult as you wish, but we can highly beg to differ with what's "waaaaaaaay better". Some people just like simple and lack of realism in systems simulation. You seem to fall in this camp and that's okay, but majority of our customers do not. Enjoy Carenado! :) 

Please don't take my defense of Carenado's updating as a criticism of LES. I was merely pointing out that he was incorrect. They DO update frequently. 

I am certain training departments aren't using the same version we are... that only banks 12 degrees on autopilot. Or are they? 

Isn't a 12 degree bank angle a "lack of realism in systems simulation?" If I "fell into that camp" I wouldn't keep checking this forum for the past 3 months to see if the bug has been fixed. 

I paid you full price for your software and I find your "enjoy Carenado" comment condescending. I support your work. Please don't reward that support by insulting me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, haskell99 said:

I am certain training departments aren't using the same version we are.

Training departments utilize the same version as all customers.

If I "fell into that camp" I wouldn't keep checking this forum for the past 3 months to see if the bug has been fixed. 

If that's the case then you would not have found Carenado "lacking nothing in comparison." Those are your own words And, you have not quite owned it for 3 months either.

I paid you full price for your software and I find your "enjoy Carenado" comment condescending.

You did not pay full price. Far from it, actually, with the discount you paid. Cheaper than Carenado, in fact. I don't see how you could find a comment condescending if the new purchase you made with Carenado was "lacking nothing in comparison." You bought it, you enjoy it. So...enjoy Carenado!

1 hour ago, haskell99 said:

Well, I've seen what happens to people who argue with you so I'll just shut up :D

With all due respect, please don't turn this into something it's not. You fired shots with comments that were entirely unnecessary in here. Were you expecting a welcome party about your praises for Carenado? You've since tried to dismiss them as just being about update progression in Carenado's favor. It was very evident by your own words that you were covering more than just their update progress, including your perception (or lack thereof) of how there are few, if any differences between the two products. For those that know the depth of the systems and care about them, that in itself is an insult. But, more importantly, my comment to you to enjoy Carenado if that's your style was genuine. You just aren't our target if that's how you feel. Fine...accepted.

How soon people forget, that till this day 10 years in business and since X-Plane 9, X-Aviation has yet to charge any money for ANY update of an aircraft. That's a lot of updates, a lot of time passed, and an absolute ton of dedication.

This isn't an argument. Treat those how you want to be treated. It's really a simple concept.

-- Removed --

Evidently Carenado have done a terrible job of product description.
Turns out the 'Carenado' Saab for X-Plane is not a 'Carenado' aircraft, its made by a company called Thranda who'm I've never heard of and therefore my comment on Carenado's Saab would be incorrect to imply towards this mysterious X-Plane other Saab that Eddie is referring too. Didn't realise Carenado sell two completely different versions of the same plane.

Edited by N1K
Retraction of comment

Sorry guys. I know that this plane was very advanced for it's time. But now it's simply neglected and badly hurt by xp patches. It's not only about the bank angle but also about the totally crazy engine behavior. It doesn't also help that it lacks a lot of sounds that are the standard now, especially for planes in this price range. 

I wonder if it takes that long because it's simply very old code with a lot of custom systems. Version 2.0 was supposed to make it a great contender again, but it's kind of an excuse now for 2 years to not do anything more significant on this plane. And it's hard to tell how profitable it would be now with the pretty decent Carenado model out.

I would gladly recommend this plane, but now it's shelved and I can't recommend it.

Also, Cameron, please don't publish info about individual customer purchases just because you want to shine in forum discussions. That's very unprofessional.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, haskell99 said:

I bought the Carenado Saab because I was tired of waiting to fly this one. It is MUCH more than eye candy and, having flown both, find it lacking nothing in comparison. And, for the record, it has been updated THREE times since I've been waiting for this one to be updated. So Carenado is FAR from"waaaaaaaay worse." They are waaaaaaaay better as far as bug fixes. 

Ignorance, Carenado was developed for xplane 11, this one was xplane 10 and needs code changes to get ti to spec. And if you bother to read carenados forums, there are many of theirs that need total overahauls for 11 because of the code. Wish we could all work miracles. Seems patients flew out the door years ago. And yes I would recommend this plane. And peopel wonder why so many developers quit.

1 hour ago, tADEUS73 said:

Sorry guys. I know that this plane was very advanced for it's time. But now it's simply neglected and badly hurt by xp patches. It's not only about the bank angle but also about the totally crazy engine behavior. It doesn't also help that it lacks a lot of sounds that are the standard now, especially for planes in this price range. 

I wonder if it takes that long because it's simply very old code with a lot of custom systems. Version 2.0 was supposed to make it a great contender again, but it's kind of an excuse now for 2 years to not do anything more significant on this plane. And it's hard to tell how profitable it would be now with the pretty decent Carenado model out.

I would gladly recommend this plane, but now it's shelved and I can't recommend it.

Also, Cameron, please don't publish info about individual customer purchases just because you want to shine in forum discussions. That's very unprofessional.

We never intended to make the Saab compatible for XP11.  It was made for XP10, and we were firm in that decision.  Then people started asking for it to be made compatible (ie. make it work) in X-Plane 11.  We did that.  We warned people that there is a completely new engine model in X-Plane 11, but it WILL work with a few small issues.  To be fair about it, we also dropped the price after the XP11 update came out.  So it was a free update for existing customers, and a lower price for new customers.  Even if they wanted to keep XP10.
"I wonder if it takes that long because it's simply very old code with a lot of custom systems. Version 2.0 was supposed to make it a great contender again, but it's kind of an excuse now for 2 years to not do anything more significant on this plane."

The above quote is exactly why we will never announce ETA's and very rarely publish updates.  Too much speculation.  Making aircraft for X-Plane, as complex as we want to make them, takes time.  

Carenado/Thranda have made it clear that they will charge you full price for a compatibility update for a new X-Plane version.

How profitable is it?  We wouldn't be working on a free update if we didn't think it was worth our time and effort.

Edited by Goran_M

And to add to all of that. most developers have being holding off there updates waiting for a stable ver of 11 with its engine updates, before updating so they dont waste time chasing there butts. Now it is relatively stable the updates are slowly coming. And i will get ver 2 when its done. I dont get many planes,im not that fussy but when i find a good one, i dont let go. Thanks Goran for all that you do

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tADEUS73 said:

It doesn't also help that it lacks a lot of sounds that are the standard now, especially for planes in this price range. 

I actually thought the sounds where pretty good.
Would be curious for that statement to be expanded on, are we talking that FMOD surround sound stuff for external shots or are you suggesting the cockpit noises are missing something?

• Like 1

I just have to say, I can understand engaging in a discussion and defending this plane, but the way the founder of X-Aviation, Cameron, speaks to others in this thread, going so far as to disclose information regarding a customer's purchase, is unprofessional and, as a newer user of this forum (and this plane), does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, hmmelho said:

I just have to say, I can understand engaging in a discussion and defending this plane, but the way the founder of X-Aviation, Cameron, speaks to others in this thread, going so far as to disclose information regarding a customer's purchase, is unprofessional and, as a newer user of this forum (and this plane), does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth...

Why should we have to defend it in the first place?  I actually find THAT unacceptable.  The customer already disclosed, untruthfully, that he paid full price.  Cameron corrected him.  Cameron never brought up the topic of how much someone paid.  If it's an untrue statement, it WILL be corrected.  And I'm glad he did make the correction.

I actually had a discussion with "Haskell" earlier, and everything is now straightened out.  There is no bad blood whatsoever, and we just want to move on.  

Our final stance is...the update will be ready when it's ready.  We don't announce ETA's, because if we miss that ETA by 1 day, it's "LES said the update will be out by yesterday and it's not out.  They're unprofessional!"  I promise you, it HAS happened to at least 2 products I have worked on.  Lesson learned.

We don't announce future projects, because if it takes longer than expected, the word "vaporware" or "abandoned" starts to circulate.  As you can see a few posts above.  

If we decided to abandon it, we would tell everyone, almost immediately.  Being slow, and making large changes to the product are 2 very different things.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tADEUS73 said:

It doesn't also help that it lacks a lot of sounds that are the standard now, especially for planes in this price range

Could you please expand on this? The aircraft utilized a 3D sound engine that has essentially the same features as FMOD, so while we will be moving towards FMOD for the sake of making things cohesive, I'm actually really curious on what sounds you feel are actually lacking and are standard.

And it's hard to tell how profitable it would be now with the pretty decent Carenado model out.

If it weren't profitable we wouldn't do it. Our Saab sells quite well, and for reason. I honestly noticed pretty much no decline or bump in sales after Carenado's release, so either people have both, or people continue to buy one over the other. All I know is consistency in predictable sales has remained, so we're happy enough with that to proceed forward with v2.

1 hour ago, hmmelho said:

going so far as to disclose information regarding a customer's purchase, is unprofessional and, as a newer user of this forum (and this plane), does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth...

To the both of you...don't bother coming in here to try and stir small things into big. I'm quite serious about this.

I divulged nothing of sensitivity. The OP stated their approximate order time on their own, as well as misinformation about their purchase price to try and bolster his/her stance. Hundreds of others ordered on the same day, thousands in the same week. You cannot gain their name, age, location, e-mail, credit card, or anything else from that, and we are not going to start making mountains out of corn in this thread. If you want to start those kinds of arguments you can kindly move on with our help. I hope that much is clear.

THIS part of the discussion is done. Keep it out of here or future posts will be removed. We are not going to sit in here and have spats over something so simple.

So long as you can keep the discussion about the Saab and be civil, everyone's happy and we move on.

Why should we have to defend it in the first place?  I actually find THAT unacceptable.

Because people are inevitably going to come into this forum with misinformation, and I would expect you'd want to defend your product... And I completely understand and support you doing so. I'm have absolutely no issues with the development process of LES and recognize why you wouldn't want to announce release dates. Consider me a huge fan of your product and someone who is happy to wait for all the excellent work you deliver.

My issue was specifically with regards to Cameron's comments... I suppose we have differing views on what is appropriate etiquette from a forum administrator, and I can't quite understand why you accept their overwhelming presence in this forum and their often coarse interactions with your patrons, when they are in no way involved with the development of the Saab. To be clear, I am not critiquing or disputing any of the information provided in this thread, only the manner in which some of it is provided. I'm only being honest with how it may be perceived by other users of this forum. None of that has to do with your discourse, Goran.

If you want to start those kinds of arguments you can kindly move on with our help.

I'm not starting any arguments. Haskell99's comment regarding their purchase was irrelevant (and perhaps inaccurate) to their point. Regardless, I don't think it's appropriate for you to use the private information you have available as an administrator regarding customer purchases to have a "Well actually..." moment, at least publicly. It does not matter that personal information was withheld, it is simply the precedent that it sets... I'm only being forthright with how I, and potentially others, perceive it. And I'm sorry, but I am not able to control that.

THIS part of the discussion is done. Keep it out of here or future posts will be removed.

I had already posted my comment prior to noticing this addition to yours. But if you still want to remove this comment, go ahead.

Edited by hmmelho
  • Like 1