CTD while in cruise

nasvrick

5 hours ago, Hoekstes said:

CTD during take off from FAOR for FALE on VATSim

Log.txt

The backtrace points to X-Plane crashing, but there are no references to the TBM.

This one looks like one of those "Please remove all plugins except Gizmo and try again" crashes.  So if you could try that, and see if it happens again.  If it doesn't crash with plugins removed, it's one of the plugins causing the crash.

Not necessarily. If memory is getting stomped on, which appears to be the case then the crash can be attributed to any running module, it depends on the address that was stomped on. At least I doubt each plugin has its own address space.

My crashes _only_ appear when using the TBM 900. Well, over the last several years I think I've had maybe two crashes all up before using this aircraft. After installing this I had 4 in two days. When I switch to another aircraft like the SF-260, again, no crashes.

The issue happens a lot less now for me but now I don't break the plane as much as I did before. Most if not every other time there was some level of damage to the aircraft.

Understood, but it is likely the TBM conflicting with another plugin (most likely scenario) or the TBM exposing some problem within X-Plane itself.  If it was a fault in the TBM itself, the backtrace would point to the TBM.  That's why the first course of action is to remove all plugins and then replace them 1 at a time to find the one that is conflicting with the TBM.  Then we can narrow it down and find out what the problem is.  If it's either the plug in or the TBM.

Edited by Goran_M