The TBM, CTD's and XP 11.32

Goran_M

Folks, I need to address this before it get's too much for us.  I've been bombarded with PM's on Facebook, posts on Facebook, PM's on discord, a sprinkling of posts on reddit and forum posts here.  Mostly from people just trying to help us with logs and feedback, but unfortunately there have been a few negative ones. 

So here it is.
We are aware of the new CTD's with the TBM and 11.32.  We were told 11.32 was going to fix the CTD's that were occurring with 11.31.  This is obviously not the case.  I did mention in my original post to hold off on updating if you are still on 11.30.  We are doing our best in handling the support and staying visible in the community, and we would appreciate it if you are experiencing these CTD's, to not make any further posts about it.  We know you only want to help, but when we get new notifications about a CTD and the Flight Plan key on the FMS, it takes time away from other support questions.

On to the good news.  A working update is ready to ship.  It has been tested and all is good.  It just needs to be packaged, and that'll be done in the next couple of days.  We ask that you just please be a little more patient, and you'll be flying this sweet aircraft again very soon.  

Apologies if this post comes across as somewhat confronting, (It's not meant to) but it is now 3:20am, and I've spent most of the day helping toto with support...so I'm a little frazzled.

We very much appreciate your understanding.

For any other support related questions (not pertaining to the FMC and 11.32), please feel free to post!

Cheers!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Chris737 said:

;)

Freezing now (5min) and then CTD 

hope the log text help

best regards

Log.txt

TBM900_Log.txt

"We are doing our best in handling the support and staying visible in the community, and we would appreciate it if you are experiencing these CTD's, to not make any further posts about it.  We know you only want to help, but when we get new notifications about a CTD and the Flight Plan key on the FMS, it takes time away from other support questions."

• Like 1

Seems some people do not even read the thread in detail.

Goran thanks and Toto as well. You're doing a great job and offer a very direct support via various channels. 

In this particular case you may need to blame a bit on Laminar. Because they declare Release Candidates to early for me. Most folks are even expecting betas to be sort of bug free. In my opinion the 11.30 and post beta run was and is bad quality. Laminar should consider stepping a bit away from public beta programs. The normal user just misunderstands it and developers are being bombed with tasks, which they should do for themselves. The devs should test their products against new versions and not we the customers.

Edited by Jakob Ludwig
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I appreciate it.  Truth be told I was pretty frustrated when I learned what was behind my CTD issues with the TBM.  I've been impressed with how your team is handling this and even more impressed at the small community around this plane and how patient and understanding they are.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

Literally bought this product this evening, and get a Run Time Error within seconds of it loading. :wacko:

Although you can see the XP11 loading screen plane below, this is simply because XP11 launches again after the Runtime.   The error occurs a few seconds after the TMB is loaded.      Never had any crash or error like this in XP before.     Gutted!

Hot_Start_Runtime.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by JYW

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Literally bought this product this evening, and get a Run Time Error within seconds of it loading. :wacko:

Although you can see the XP11 loading screen plane below, this is simply because XP11 launches again after the Runtime.   The error occurs a few seconds after the TMB is loaded.      Never had any crash or error like this in XP before.     Gutted!

Hot_Start_Runtime.jpg

Log.txt

This looks like you’re running out of memory half way through loading. You also have a graphics card that is almost definitely struggling to keep up. Try turning down your graphics settings in x plane and closing some background programs. A good method for the graphics adjustment is to go lowest settings possible, then turn them up bit by bit until you crash. 

6 hours ago, Goran_M said:

This looks like you’re running out of memory half way through loading. You also have a graphics card that is almost definitely struggling to keep up. Try turning down your graphics settings in x plane and closing some background programs. A good method for the graphics adjustment is to go lowest settings possible, then turn them up bit by bit until you crash. 

Hi Goran,

Thanks - the plane does fully load up.  It's only when I turn on the GPU or battery and the AHIRS starts aligning that the crash happens.  FPS at this point are pretty high (40+FPS).  Settings are already pretty modest but I'll try again with even  lower settings.     My GPU certainly is modest but manages with all other complex aircraft - I've never seen any crash like this before.

If I was running out of memory, wouldn't this give a specific "out of memory" error message, rather than a run time error?

I'll mess around with my settings but also await the update for the other compatibility issues between XP11.31 / 11.32 and the TBM.

It's awful buying such a lovely aircraft and not having been able to use it all.

Edited by JYW

14 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Hi,

I temporarily installed my son's 1080 GPU this afternoon and turned every setting in XP11 to minimum.  Same crash at the same point (engine start), so definitely not an out of memory.

Well, folks I must say , in my twenty five years plus simming and mostly in the FSX forum.

This is the most exciting time for me in flight simulation. over the years I have off and on used XP, but stayed with FSX.

I decide it was time for the switch. And boy im so glad I did. it was like a whole new experience. The quality was second to none, the gameplay was second to none.

If one wants to truly experience as close to real as it gets this is the sim. For you FSX guys( like I was once) , give it a try.

But as I was saying  this is my best time simming. I remember back when x plane was just that on a screen, a     +___/, if I remember correctly.:)

Hotstart has upped the game in producing quality aircraft for the simulator, and XP is the only one than can do it justice.

The TBM-900 is the best GA out here , hands down. I have em all , from the heavies to the 172,s.

This plane is the real deal, its all I want to fly. it's like owning a real aircraft. 

In a short time Hotstart TBM-900 has become the go to plane to fly. Some could not get to it because they used FSX, some could not get to it because there system was not strong enough to handle it, some did not want the hassle of switching over and learning the steep curve of XP first and them the TBM-900.

Im not worried about laminar or Hotstart , they both need each other . Hotstart has upped the game in creating a gpu , cpu intense piece of software that uses all of Xp resources. This only Makes Laminar get better and better, because both teams are working hard in getting all the bugs out.

When Hotstart came out with this great GA, it was to be expected to get all of the beast that come along with good work(no free ride). 

The problem is that when you create a bad product nobody buys it, but when you create a masterpiece, everybody once a piece of you.

You folks have created a plane second to none in my twenty five plus years.

I get chills just waiting on the updates, because they are so fantastic. And coupled with XP I have no problem being patient and waiting on them.

Im a professional simmer. not a pilot. and will never be a pilot; uh maybe.

Im the real deal as far as a simmer goes, its my greatest and most beloved hobby besides my love for painting portraits.

Laminar and Hotstart I just want to say thank you for bringing me and the simming world to a whole new level.

For all you young simmers I would just wait on the CTD problem questions and be patient.

A plane this good is worth the wait, in the mean time go through your computer and make sure all is good:)

Custom water cooled 6700k, 1070 RGB GTX, 32 gig ram, 2 tere hd. 49" Samsung gaming monitor. Ch Eclipse yolk.

A future upgrade is coming.

Once again Thx folks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JYW said:

Hi,

I temporarily installed my son's 1080 GPU this afternoon and turned every setting in XP11 to minimum.  Same crash at the same point (engine start), so definitely not an out of memory.

It looks like you have the same issue I'm referencing in the top post.  

57 minutes ago, RobertC said:

Well, folks I must say , in my twenty five years plus simming and mostly in the FSX forum.

This is the most exciting time for me in flight simulation. over the years I have off and on used XP, but stayed with FSX.

I decide it was time for the switch. And boy im so glad I did. it was like a whole new experience. The quality was second to none, the gameplay was second to none.

If one wants to truly experience as close to real as it gets this is the sim. For you FSX guys( like I was once) , give it a try.

But as I was saying  this is my best time simming. I remember back when x plane was just that on a screen, a     +___/, if I remember correctly.:)

Hotstart has upped the game in producing quality aircraft for the simulator, and XP is the only one than can do it justice.

The TBM-900 is the best GA out here , hands down. I have em all , from the heavies to the 172,s.

This plane is the real deal, its all I want to fly. it's like owning a real aircraft. 

In a short time Hotstart TBM-900 has become the go to plane to fly. Some could not get to it because they used FSX, some could not get to it because there system was not strong enough to handle it, some did not want the hassle of switching over and learning the steep curve of XP first and them the TBM-900.

Im not worried about laminar or Hotstart , they both need each other . Hotstart has upped the game in creating a gpu , cpu intense piece of software that uses all of Xp resources. This only Makes Laminar get better and better, because both teams are working hard in getting all the bugs out.

When Hotstart came out with this great GA, it was to be expected to get all of the beast that come along with good work(no free ride). 

The problem is that when you create a bad product nobody buys it, but when you create a masterpiece, everybody once a piece of you.

You folks have created a plane second to none in my twenty five plus years.

I get chills just waiting on the updates, because they are so fantastic. And coupled with XP I have no problem being patient and waiting on them.

Im a professional simmer. not a pilot. and will never be a pilot; uh maybe.

Im the real deal as far as a simmer goes, its my greatest and most beloved hobby besides my love for painting portraits.

Laminar and Hotstart I just want to say thank you for bringing me and the simming world to a whole new level.

For all you young simmers I would just wait on the CTD problem questions and be patient.

A plane this good is worth the wait, in the mean time go through your computer and make sure all is good:)

Custom water cooled 6700k, 1070 RGB GTX, 32 gig ram, 2 tere hd. 49" Samsung gaming monitor. Ch Eclipse yolk.

A future upgrade is coming.

Once again Thx folks.

Many thanks for this, Robert.  Very much appreciated.

Appreciate all the hard work Dev are putting to stay on top of this. I always make a backup copy of entire X-Plane folder before applying update. I advise everyone to do the same in future. This allowed me go back to 11.30 .

I understand those who just purchased the game can't do this. I have seen these developers being super proactive from day 1. First few weeks of release they updated the aircraft almost daily. Trust them that this is an ugly issue they are trying to solve as fast as they can. At the end of the day getting flooded is not fun for them either.

Cheers

16 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

I always make a backup copy of entire X-Plane folder before applying update.

I will always do this from here forward! :D

Hi Goran, yes, I've now managed to perform my first flight since purchase, by loading the C172 G1000 first, programming my FPL, then changing the the TBM.   So very pleased it's the same issue as others have, and not performance related. (I had 50+ FPS - amazing!)

Cheers.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

I'm a new user. I bought the TBM9 on Saturday and I have to say it's hands down the best aircraft I've ever flown on xplane. But I do have one question, how will I be able to update the aircraft when the patch is released? Will it give me a prompt when I load up the aircraft in xplane or will I need to download a new installer from where I got the original one; the store. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, it's my first X-aviation product. 

46 minutes ago, GoldenTomcat said:

I'm a new user. I bought the TBM9 on Saturday and I have to say it's hands down the best aircraft I've ever flown on xplane. But I do have one question, how will I be able to update the aircraft when the patch is released? Will it give me a prompt when I load up the aircraft in xplane or will I need to download a new installer from where I got the original one; the store. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, it's my first X-aviation product. 

Cameron (X-Aviation owner) will also make a pinned post, including a changelog, here in the forums.