IXEG 737 + ASXP with problems

novato X11

I was flying to Fl250 with OAT -8 degrees, I ended up finding rainy formations ahead, I went into the clouds with rain for a few minutes and so far so good, I noticed that the OAT was -8 degrees so I switched on the anti-ice, I turned on the thawing system the IXEG 737 started to lose power and a sudden descent without control, only managed to have control near the ground, but it was already late ..... (RIP) no survivor. I would like to know what is happening, I have already entered several storms with the anti -ice Off, that's what I called and the plane crashed, it seems some problem with the anti -ice of this aircraft with the new improvements of xplane-11 final version 11.30 .

I am attaching some logs from the flight recorder to investigate the causes of the accident

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Cycle Dump.txt

METAR.rwx

Edited by novato X11

Hello novato,

normally the anti-ice function of the IXEG 737 should clear out any ice from the engines and the wings. Make sure to turn on both engine-anti-ice and the wing-anti-ice.

I don´t have ASXP, so I am not sure if they model ice accretion that could cause what you describe. Even without turning on anti-ice a descent of a few thousand feet should have brought you into warmer air that would have melted the ice, so I am sure there is something wrong with what you have seen.

You can output the "icing status" to the screen in numerical values (look for the data out tab and search for "icing" to find the right data to show) - so you can see the icing status of your aircraft and what effect the anti-ice has.

Cheers, Jan

12 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hello novato,

normally the anti-ice function of the IXEG 737 should clear out any ice from the engines and the wings. Make sure to turn on both engine-anti-ice and the wing-anti-ice.

I don´t have ASXP, so I am not sure if they model ice accretion that could cause what you describe. Even without turning on anti-ice a descent of a few thousand feet should have brought you into warmer air that would have melted the ice, so I am sure there is something wrong with what you have seen.

You can output the "icing status" to the screen in numerical values (look for the data out tab and search for "icing" to find the right data to show) - so you can see the icing status of your aircraft and what effect the anti-ice has.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks:)  LiTjan for the answer, could be the cause of the problem an exaggerated or very realistic effect of ASXP or a lack of update of IXGE 737 to new version 11.30 of XPL-11? Watch the video (same conditions) what happens: first the speed reduction (if it was Windshear) should have Windshear's warning alert! if it were ice on the wings the anti-ice in this case was already on, so the anti -ice is not the problem, and visually did not notice any ice formation, I am really in doubt what could have caused this or the ASXP is very realistic in the effects, but the IXEG 737 was not to withstand this moderate storm?

:unsure: on this other flight I was able to regain control of the aircraft

Edited by novato X11

LOL.

There is no weather phenomenon like that in the real world - not a microburst, not a hurricane, not a nuclear explosion! :P

You are loosing like 200 kts in 20 seconds - I am not sure what kind of weather you are injecting or what ASXP is doing - but the next time you see your airspeed drop like this, fly the airplane, instead of looking at the overhead panel and working the anti-ice switches until you are in a deep deep stall with no authority on your flight-controls due to lack of airspeed. ;)

Immediately put the nose down aggressively, if you have to cut the power to idle to bring the nose down... but first check whats wrong with that weather depiction - the real wind aloft does not change over 100 kts in a few hundred feet, airmass friction will not allow that.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Litjan said:

LOL.

There is no weather phenomenon like that in the real world - not a microburst, not a hurricane, not a nuclear explosion! :P

You are loosing like 200 kts in 20 seconds - I am not sure what kind of weather you are injecting or what ASXP is doing - but the next time you see your airspeed drop like this, fly the airplane, instead of looking at the overhead panel and working the anti-ice switches until you are in a deep deep stall with no authority on your flight-controls due to lack of airspeed. ;)

Immediately put the nose down aggressively, if you have to cut the power to idle to bring the nose down... but first check whats wrong with that weather depiction - the real wind aloft does not change over 100 kts in a few hundred feet, airmass friction will not allow that.

Cheers, Jan

thanks again for the tips  LiTjan  you are always making your time to respond, nothing better than a real pilot of the upper flight level to respond and say what actually happens in the atmosphere. It may be that ASXP is in need of corrections and according to ASXP's own information it is foreseen an update: (Active Sky developer HiFi Sim Tech has provided a brief update on how future updates to its recently released Active Sky XP. 11 was released late last year and the team has since worked hard on providing updates and listening to community feedback.
In a statement on Facebook, the team said that they are "nearing the completion of their first comprehensive update for ASXP." This update will include many fixes and enhancements, according to the developer. Some of the changes users will see from the update include how turbulence is handled, registration / login usage, interpolation, weather station database quality and also reduction in cloud redraws wherever possible.
All of the updates will be free of charge for those who own the product.)
Speaking about upgrading, IXEG is one of my favorite aircraft as well as a lot of people, I would like to know when IXEG737 has received an update for those necessary corrections of its knowledge and implementations requested by customers.

On 1/24/2019 at 3:43 AM, novato X11 said:

I was flying to Fl250 with OAT -8 degrees, I ended up finding rainy formations ahead, I went into the clouds with rain for a few minutes and so far so good, I noticed that the OAT was -8 degrees so I switched on the anti-ice, I turned on the thawing system the IXEG 737 started to lose power and a sudden descent without control, only managed to have control near the ground, but it was already late ..... (RIP) no survivor. I would like to know what is happening, I have already entered several storms with the anti -ice Off, that's what I called and the plane crashed, it seems some problem with the anti -ice of this aircraft with the new improvements of xplane-11 final version 11.30 .

I am attaching some logs from the flight recorder to investigate the causes of the accident

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Cycle Dump.txt

METAR.rwx

Hi, the same thing happened to me recently using ASXP.  Have you managed to reproduce the issue with ASXP?  

8 hours ago, helios123 said:

Hi, the same thing happened to me recently using ASXP.  Have you managed to reproduce the issue with ASXP?  

Hello ...Helios123 :) ASXP will have an update to solve this problem, I have already opened a support request and I have posted this video to demonstrate what is happening, I believe they are already aware and are working on it, until then it is better to deviate from these formations,:unsure: in this other video I came close to the storm is to worry, this time I outlined the bad weather, but if I entered the nucleus of the cloud would surely knock me down. But the ASXP weather is challenging.:D

So far I have not noticed any ice formation on the surfaces of the plane you have found ice on your flights? Helios123

Edited by novato X11