FYI: Crash Bar keeps moving down - check plugins!

bootsie

I've come to fly the TBM 900 after a couple of days break and the crash bar lever kept moving back down to turn off the electrics.  I could move it up initially, allowing me to turn the battery on, but as the avionics initialised the bar moved back down turning the battery off.  After that, the crash bar immediately moved back down if I try to move it up again.

Turns out, I'd managed to disable the Gizmo plugin in xOrganizer by accident! Because all the toolbar option Payload worked without it, it hadn't registered that there might be something missing that would make the aircraft run.  Took me ages to work this out too! Idiot.

Anyway, hope this helps someone else if they manage to make the same silly mistake I did.

• 11 months later...

Hello, I'm relatively new to downloading payware aircraft, I bought the tbm 900 and I am experiencing the same problem with the crash bar. I don't know what the Gizmo plugin is and I have never downloaded it. If you could please help me fix the problem it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Gizmo is automatically installed into the Resources folder of X-Plane when you install an  X-Aviation add on.  If it is disabled or removed, or if the TBM is not activated, it won't run correctly.  Make sure you meet all these criteria and it should work.

Failing that, try a reinstall.

Edited by Goran_M