Checklist Views

Alphonso

Since upgrading to X-Plane 11.30 I have noticed that when I run through the checklist and click on view I almost slam my face into the panels. I can still zoom in closer but can't pull back with the mouse scroll and have to use the keyboard in/out buttons.

Is there a way to return the views to the original default either in the Preferences file or is it something that can be adjusted in XP itself. I don't have any problem with any assigned views to the NumPad as these can be easily edited.

2 hours ago, Alphonso said:

Since upgrading to X-Plane 11.30 I have noticed that when I run through the checklist and click on view I almost slam my face into the panels. I can still zoom in closer but can't pull back with the mouse scroll and have to use the keyboard in/out buttons.

Is there a way to return the views to the original default either in the Preferences file or is it something that can be adjusted in XP itself. I don't have any problem with any assigned views to the NumPad as these can be easily edited.

The checklist views are hard coded, so each time you load the aircraft the default values are set and they cannot be changed.  I just tested the checklist views in 11.30 and did not see any changes.  Has anything else changed in your installation... new plugins perhaps?

Thanks for your reply. I have taken a screen shot of the oxygen control as an example of what is happening.

I have checked my plugins and hardly anything has changed except there are 2 recently dated files although I am not capable of deciphering whether their data would have any effect on the Saab views.

I realized that the views would have been hard coded which is why I couldn't figure out how they were being messed up unless it was an XP problem or maybe something to do with screen resolution.

Would a re-install be a possible solution?

Regards.

DataRefs.txt

Commands.txt

LES_Saab_340A_32.png

you can always do a re-install to see if that changes anything.  The screenshot you posted does not look like "...I almost slam my face into the panels", but it does look like the center of the view is too high (the black knob should be just below center).  

Are you running in full screen or windowed mode?  Does changing that fix the problem?

Also check your FOV setting.

If you are using a wide-screen monitor in full screen mode, then that will alter the views.  Nothing we can do about that now.  If you are using windowed mode, adjusting the aspect ratio will change the checklist views.  

We may provide user defined views for Saab v2.0.

Edited by JGregory

Thanks again for your reply.

I normally run in Windows mode because I have 3 screens & need to switch to the odd accompanying program using the Task bar, but I have assigned a joystick button that can switch to wide screen. There was no change to the views.

I have solved the problem by changing the FOV setting from 60 to 80 following your suggestion. Oddly it was on 60 with 11.2 & stayed on 60 when I upgraded to 11.3. Go figure.

My "slamming" comment was just making light of what was becoming an annoyance to me with always having to use the keyboard  comma to move out with most of the checklist views.

Again, thanks for solving my problem. Now it's back to the REX cockpit & an outback flight.