Is it possible to replace the cabin pressure vessel?

swede001

Hi, excellent update, 30+ fps flying around Tenerife with my GTX980ti. One question though, my cabin pressure vessel is very worn and I have repaired it several times but it remains very worn. Isn't it possible to replace it before it collapses completely or is it tied to the airframe?

CabinPressureVessel.PNG

I had this issue myself when I first started flying the airplane.  At that time I made a number of flights without putting the destination field elevation in the G1000.  Learned how to do that and the issue went away.  However, just recently tried to backwards taxi the aircraft using reverse thrust and this resulted in a tail strike with the ground.  An airframe check with the maintenance manager revealed a broken pressure vessel.  Only available solution was to delete the airframe.

Hope this helps.

I've already opened a thread about it... I just loaded my bird too much in a back so the tail got hurt badly ... and after 41.5 hours without any failure (it hurts guys hh) and same as before, it won't repair and remain "very worn" means that I can't fly over FL100 anymore.

Any solution to repair and get the cabine pressure  "like new" or less without getting a new airframe but at least still flyable over FL100 ?

I think that a new airframe put the hours of flights to zero, isn't it, it doesn't keep the book flight, am I wrong? (which will be cool) because changing the airframe look like "buying" a new one, right?

"very worn" despite maintenance should change the status?  or does it means that it is the same as the real aircraft that once it get hurt in its structure then you have to buy an other one? Maybe that can't be fixed in reality, I have no idea about the real aircraft concerning that matter, so it  may be simulated like the real one or perhaps it's a bug?

I'd like to know because each time (not often tks) I had this issue or this incident I had to buy a new one, it starts to cost a lot to my bank account if I wanna fly over 10 000ft!

Love this bird!!!

Edited by LKN