Is this causing me problems?

Joers182

Hey All,

I thought I'd make my own thread on this one as to not hijack anyone elses. But I'm having serious stuttering issues with the latest version of the TBM. All other aircraft are fine, however the TBM fps just fluctuates up and down so badly. I'm trying to find the root of the problem. 

Only strange thing I see in the log file is this 

2019-01-05 01:07:35 TBM900[xplane.c:1351]: BOOT: charts_init
2019-01-05 01:07:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1027]: Cannot stat F:\X-Plane 11.30\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\aeronav.faa.gov\1813: Access is denied.

2019-01-05 01:07:35 TBM900[helpers.c:1027]: Cannot stat F:\X-Plane 11.30\\Output\TBM900\charts.db\autorouter.aero\1813: Access is denied.

2019-01-05 01:34:53 TBM900[chart_prov_faa.c:64]: WARNING: failed to contact FAA servers to refresh the chart index. This means that downloading new FAA charts will most likely not be possible. I will still make any locally cached charts available to you.
G64:2824.162: Livery Changed:()  Folder:(Aircraft/X-Aviation/TBM-900/)

Is this causing me problems?. And why is access denied. I'm running xplane as admin.

Edited by joers182

Thanks for the reply, I've already done that and in xplane when I press test on the SD card it says its working :D This is why im confused.

I run with vsync and my 4k monitor at 30hz for smoothness. So Its pinned at 30fps for all my planes, however the tbm is constantly fluctuating below that and is not stable at all. 

I'm using Xplane 11.30. If I take vsync off it can go upto 45fps but its literally all over the place jumping up and down. All my other aircraft remain fairly consistent.

ok under further testing, it seems to me like what is causing my major slow downs is Vsync. 

I usually use vsync + 30hz set on my 4k monitor for a smooth stutter free experience. this works well with most aircraft. But for some reason the TBM does not like it.

Taking vsync off makes it more usable, im not getting constant slowdowns its just not as smooth as running my usual 30hz + vsync. I will have to live with this for now.