Island of Oahu Released!

Cameron

yes, I realize that. However, I can't attach an image to show what I mean in the X-Aviation Contact Support Form. I'll try nevertheless  :).

No, but you've received a response, therefore you have an already open support ticket that you can respond to as normal with an email attachment.

I like the way the water looks. I feel like going swimming now. :)

Haven't picked it up yet, but i should since i may be visiting the island this year and i could familiarize myself with it this way it seems. ;)

do it! I've only been to Oahu once, but now that I have more geographical knowledge of the island, i'm hoping to go again. You know, do some tropical flyin'  :)

Hey guys,

Awesome work on Oahu. This was my home until I was in my 30's and being able to pick out every little 'hood' and flying over my various homes is amazing. Water colors.....Amazing.

You did miss, however, one tiny Island on the East side called 'Chinamans Hat' that is just off shore about as far as 'Rabbit Island' is next to Sea Life Park. The hat is a well known landscape.

One thing I have not been able to do is load objects over the scenery. Any tricks I should know about?

Would like to get the airport and Waikiki hotels in there.

Thanks again,

Michael

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for the compliments!

For your objects:

This comes down to directory name ordering. The simple answer to this is that X-Plane loads things in a hierarchical order by alphabetical order. You need to re-name your objects scenery folder(s) to ensure they come up BEFORE X-Plane loads the rest of Oahu.

That said, there's an even better tool for this. It's very small donationware, and does an AMAZING job at alleviating the stress of keeping your files in order! You can download the file and run the program for free, but we encourage you to donate/purchase if you find the application useful!

Check it out here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=1668.0

I have a question for you. I've noticed a few of the helipads are just floating mid-air. Why is that? Aren't they on ground level IRL?

Someone should make buildings for them so it's easier to spot. I went from an airport (in the background) to this heliport at a ranch. I almost crashed the helicopter into the side of the thing because I thought I'd be landing on the ground.

post-236-131369604661_thumb.png

Hi Ola,

I am away traveling for a few days, but I will check this out. This is certainly something we can release as an up coming maintenance release. The difference comes in the higher resolution elevation data that was used for Oahu.

Glad to hear you're working on airport/heliport scenery/buildings. That should really make Oahu jump to life even more! The shots of your PHNL objects look great!

Look forward to seeing your final product!

Eric

Hey Joe - Thanks for the nice comments. It is really amazing what high quality scenery coupled with a high quality plane can do to the simulator user experience. Your suggestions on scenery areas have been noted as well. If you want more like Oahu, Reno is the same quality (I actually like flying around the Reno area better) and it also covers a larger area.

Have fun!

Eric

• 2 weeks later...
(Would put in a request for BC and Washington State to go with Tom's Scenery :)

*cough* Final Frontier too *cough*

I still haven't bought any of your work, but I enjoy following your advancements in scenery technology and am looking forward to buying some of your scenery soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, after hours of flying, I confirm, really psoitive feeling get out of the global experience !

The only drawback is that I get some frequent " Freeze ", it's very smooth, but sometimes the screen is just freezed for 1 or 2 seconds, maybe a wrong parameter somewhere..

This is your computer loading tiles in the background, not a parameter issue (dsf to dsf).

If I remember correctly, your computer was a bit lower spec and is the cause of what you're experiencing.