Response Curves on Yoko the Yoke

Aedui

Hi All, 

Anyone using a Yoko the Yoke with the TBM?  If so have you tuned some decent response curves?  I've got the rudder issues sorted in the curves ( no more wild swinging on take-off roll or touchdown), but I'm still messing with pitch curves.

Curious to see if anyone else is tuning with this new XP 11.30 option.

Well its always about what you like. Yoko is really precise from the lowest angles, so it is better for me to fly it with more direct control. If you like it a bit more wobbly, I would play first with the "control response" sliders at the control sensitivity window within X-Plane, before creating custom curves.

At first I had the pitch axis slider set to about 20%, which gives you even more precision controlling the elevator, but I had more difficulties doing good landings, as I had to pull the yoke almost all the way back. Which is a bit of a struggle with yoko.. So at the end I left it back at 0% and managed superb take-offs and landings. Together with the MFG Crosswind pedals, (Had a complete CH Product setup before), it's close to flying IRL. It feels naturally and immersive... And thanks to Toto's control stiffening feature it also has a bit of force feedback at higher speeds... 

Edited by Jakob Ludwig

1 hour ago, wim1976 said:

Toto control stiffening, what is that?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

It's on by default and comes with the aircraft. It simulates the larger amount of physical power needed, to move the yoke with increasing airspeed of the aircraft. Basically you are fighting against the wind force applying to the ailerons and elevators. Just try to handfly the aircraft at high speed. You can turn the stiffening off in the TBM menu. 

Edited by Jakob Ludwig

Thanks Jakob,

I’ll experiment a bit with those sensitivities.  Certainly, with Yoko, I found it necessary to add response curves when flying the Warrior (which I fly IRL) and it is now very realistic.  Obviously, never having flown a TBM, it’s more guesswork for me to get that feel right. :)