plane slides off runway when reverse thrust is used

sho69607

You would have noticed if it was ice or snow. In xplane its almost impossible to taxi on ice or snow. Try it and go to a snow covered airport. You will note the plane shoots forward as soon as you put the power lever in flight idle with parking brake on or even with chocks still applied.

If you've landed and managed to get to the parking spot without overrunning buildings, it's actually a funny challenge to shut down the TBM 900 because that means you have to move the power lever from beta range over flight idle to the right side. The split second it takes is enough to shoot through whatever is in front of you. :)

Hi guys!

I experimented the same behaviour on my side.

So I decided to follow with catching this plane in hands.

This morning, I solved most of the behaviour with two interrupted take-offs. Lauching the lady up to 80 or 82 knots, then thottle at flight idle, then beta range and  progressively rising reverse, and when the speed enough lowered, back to taxi range and careful use of the brakes. I mainly kept the central line!

I thereafter made an ILS landing and did the same to stop.

The solution is in smooth handling of yoke and rudder.

• Upvote 1