SkyMaxx Pro Update 4.7.3 Released!

Cameron

Hello All,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 4.7.3 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v4 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v4 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 4.7.3 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 4 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• Fixes interpretation of broken and scattered stratus layers from FSGRW.

As always, thanks for purchasing from X-Aviation!

5 hours ago, StrelnikovD said:

Very fast! But title screen inform me 4.7.2.,not 4.7.3? 

Doh! You're right, in my haste to get this fix out, I forgot to update the version number shown in the SMP configuration screen. Worry not, you have the latest update.

51 minutes ago, seth said:

Just a question regarding  4.7.3 and RWC:

Which is the best option to choose for Active SKy XP

-  FSGRW /External injector  or - ALways ?

with some tests that i made i saw that ASXP works much better with FSGRW/External injector.

Thanks

Yes, "FSGRW / External Injector" is the right choice for use with ASXP. "Always" will bypass their weather entirely.

2 hours ago, marcelocosquin said:

What happens with the projection of the reflection of the sun in the water? Something is not right or will it be that we left the solar axis? LOL

X-Plane utilizes it's own sun positioning assumption, so it's placing it where it feels it should be. Our sun usually closely matches up, but not in every circumstance.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I fly exclusively in VR (Rift) and noticing some of the clouds are blending into the ground at sharp angles. When I look around, those sharp angles move with my headset. It looks like it's not quite optimized for VR just yet, but I may just have a setting wrong or something. Wondering if anyone else has a fix for this. I've tried all of the other weather engines and enhancements, etc, but I'd really like to get SkyMaxx working well in VR. I'm also using FSGRW and Real Weather Connector. Any help? Thank you.

Edited by RetiredBoom

9 hours ago, RetiredBoom said:

Hi, I fly exclusively in VR (Rift) and noticing some of the clouds are blending into the ground at sharp angles. When I look around, those sharp angles move with my headset. It looks like it's not quite optimized for VR just yet, but I may just have a setting wrong or something. Wondering if anyone else has a fix for this. I've tried all of the other weather engines and enhancements, etc, but I'd really like to get SkyMaxx working well in VR. I'm also using FSGRW and Real Weather Connector. Any help? Thank you.

Make sure you have the cloud/terrain blend setting turned up in the SkyMaxx Pro settings. If that doesn't help, I think it's related to a change in X-Plane 11.30 that prevented us from accessing the depth buffer in VR that tells us where the ground is. Rolling back to 11.26 would be your only potential fix if that's the case (or waiting for Laminar to address the issue in a future X-Plane update.)

2 hours ago, sundog said:

Make sure you have the cloud/terrain blend setting turned up in the SkyMaxx Pro settings. If that doesn't help, I think it's related to a change in X-Plane 11.30 that prevented us from accessing the depth buffer in VR that tells us where the ground is. Rolling back to 11.26 would be your only potential fix if that's the case (or waiting for Laminar to address the issue in a future X-Plane update.)

Thank you for the quick support. I tried adjusting the blend, but that didn't help. However, I selected "Dense Particles" under Stratus/Overcast Representation and that helped quite a bit. I'm using the latest beta, 11.31r1.

On another note, right now I have to select default x-plane rain effect, otherwise the rain drops flow right through the aircraft.

Edited by RetiredBoom

3 hours ago, sundog said:

Is RWC set to FSGRW mode, and "never change visible weather" unchecked?

If so, sometimes it can just take a minute for new weather conditions to be reflected in the scene.

Hi

Yes

RWC is in mode external injector and the option "never change visible weather" is (as you told me once) unchecked

During more than 10 minutes the weather was so :((

Thanks a lot

Regards

Alexandre

9 hours ago, fregate083 said:

Hi

Yes

RWC is in mode external injector and the option "never change visible weather" is (as you told me once) unchecked

During more than 10 minutes the weather was so :((

Thanks a lot

Regards

Alexandre

If it happens again, please provide your log.txt - it might shed some light on what's going on.

Hm, as far as I can tell from your log, we did receive data from FSGRW and processed it successfully.  If you still have the fsgrwsmp.rwx file from that flight in your X-Plane folder, we may be able to track it down further with that. I'm not really sure if it's their issue or ours.

Hm, as far as I can tell from your log, we did receive data from FSGRW and processed it successfully.  If you still have the fsgrwsmp.rwx file from that flight in your X-Plane folder, we may be able to track it down further with that. I'm not really sure if it's their issue or ours.

Hi

Thanks so much

Here the file :))

Regards

Alexandre

fsgrwsmp.rwx

It appears the data in this file does not match either the conditions shown in your FSGRW screenshot nor the conditions represented:

GCTS 041648Z 08014KT 7000 NSC 24/10 Q1019

That says clear skies, with no clouds at all - and the time stamp is from the day after when you saw the issue. Seems FSGRW overwrote this file, destroying the "forensic evidence" we need.

If it happens again, please copy the log.txt and fsgrwsmp.rwx files immediately so we can try and catch it in the act.

It appears the data in this file does not match either the conditions shown in your FSGRW screenshot nor the conditions represented:

GCTS 041648Z 08014KT 7000 NSC 24/10 Q1019

That says clear skies, with no clouds at all - and the time stamp is from the day after when you saw the issue. Seems FSGRW overwrote this file, destroying the "forensic evidence" we need.

If it happens again, please copy the log.txt and fsgrwsmp.rwx files immediately so we can try and catch it in the act.

Ok Thanks a lot for your work and your search :))

No problem, next times I will copy quickly the logs and this file

Thanks a lot

Alexandre

• 3 weeks later...

Need a little help with SkyMaxx Pro please. I only fly in VR using a Rift and when flying through clouds I get a bright white flashing in my headset (it isn't the strobes). Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution? I'm using X-Plane 11.31. Thanks

P.S. this is the best looking weather program available for x-plane, period. It looks and performs amazing! Just need to get a couple issues worked out for VR as x-plane evolves. 

Edited by RetiredBoom

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cameron locked and unpinned this topic