CTD SMP 4.7 w/TBM 900 XP 11.30b7

Ant1matt3r

Hey all, 

As the title suggests, I'm experiencing a conflict with my new favorite airplane and SMP 4.7 - I get a CTD right after X-Plane loads the xtcas plugin. 

I've also noticed the AFL C172 is in an odd "crashed" state and the menu is missing. Other aircraft seem to work okay. 

Also, noticeable improvement over default weather, even on maxed out settings (at KAWO no less!).

Hoping to find a solution for the TBM soon though. I'll attach my log, though it's not very telling. No crash entries. 

Thanks for your hard work!

Log.txt

You should probably start with the TBM900 support forum and see if they've seen this before. You're right that the log isn't very telling, but it seemed to crash immediately following the load of one of their plugins, so they might at least know what it's a symptom of. SMP has no direct interactions with aircraft, so whatever is going on is probably more complicated - such as running out of memory, or some add-on writing outside of its memory bounds.

I'm just starting to go through SMP 4.7 support issues this morning, so if I find any evidence that we're writing outside of our memory bounds I'll update this post.

Edited by sundog

So, I did a bet of testing. 

I ran Windows Update, updated my GFX drivers, rebooted ... Launched X-Plane, loaded the TBM 900, everything loaded. Menu on left missing (I'm running windowed, so I normally don't have the missing menu issue people report), tailfin looking all scrambled and weird, propeller doing weird swirly animation. 

Uninstalled / reinstalled TBM 900, launched again - same issue. Disabled RWC / SMP in plugin menu, reloaded aircraft - all worked fine. 

Re-enabled RWC / SMP, CTD. 

Attaching log.txt 

About to launch again to see if issue persists. Will test again after uninstalling RWC / SMP if issue persists and report here. 

(Copypasta from TBM 900 post)

Log.txt

I don't have any shaders, but I am using some FlywithLua scripts - I'll completely remove the plugin this evening - I'll also revert and test on 11.26.

Thanks for the help - I'm glad this isn't affecting more users, but it makes it more difficult for me to figure out. Haha

I'll let you know the results tomorrow - I have an event this evening. 

I have finally resolved the issue - GroundTraffic loads a billion plugins for every add-on airport one has, and it would appear as though I've reached the hard limit on plugins. I disabled many add-on airports outside the area I intend to fly in, and everything works like a charm!!!

Edited by Ant1matt3r