fuel remaining g1000

RXPAHC1

The fuel calc is F'ed... and it's something in the xplane interface on the G1000.

I calculate fuel using simbrief.com and I look at the GPH in flight... to figure out what my optimal cruise N2 has to be... usually between 95 and 99% depending on the ISA and the altitude.

The CUM on the G1K in Xplane is basically correct... so I look at the GPH and look at the CUM time to destination... and do some quick math... I know in gallons how much the 45-minute reserve is... (or whatever you're flying)... and I usually add in a 20-minute route contingency as well...  again - simbrief can do all this for you. Simbrief can also give you like the basic TOD/BOD and ascendency parameters as well... it's a nifty little planning tool for sims if you haven't seen it...

(it's similar in many respects to professional IFR planners... but simbrief cannot be used in any way for real navigation...)

It seems like if the journey is more than like 700 nm... your G1000 calculations are going to show you always bingo (or less) fuel... in the Vision Jet... if you fly from KMSP to KORD or KPWK... the fuel it says will be remaining is off by as much as 100%.... 

The little fuel rings (the green band ring and the green and black ring) are also dicked up... again... I presume that's Xplane and not Hotstart... since I see it in other aircraft.

Bryan