TBM home cockpit builder, let's have a loooook at new staff

cpuwolf

On 5/29/2019 at 8:54 AM, Rossco said:

Hi Guys,

Went to order unit through Superbuy however not impressed with their payment method & my bank here in Australia recommends not using the system they link to (Polipay).

I have Paypal, anyone been able to use this with Superbuy? I couldn't see a link.

Hi CPUWolf, tried to get back in touch via WeChat however became too difficult as it had dropped my password & security method to retrieve didn't work. Gave up with it eventually. Anyway saw the links here where to order QGMC710.

Edit: Just saw if I do a "top up" I can use Paypal or a credit card. Problem is I'm not sure of the shipping cost at this stage of the transaction. Certainly different.

hi Rossco,

At this moment, I can confirm superbuy.com is a  feasible way to buy.

Polipay? Alipay?  Alipay you don't know?

Chinese biggest biggest online payment system. if you have a chance, you should come to China having a look.  

you know wallet in China, just forget it... we hang out without it, zero cash.  what I have to take on ? only a smartphone. you can buy everything, really everything in China with smartphone. no cash country. that is how Alipay system works

you should take a look.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:56 PM, cpuwolf said:

How about combo?

psb.jpg.f52e9f1e1bf9a1798d952a5f0c7d7952.jpg66569495_psb(1).jpg.741c38114d3cde246cc8ba681dc92075.jpg

OMG! You're the best! Where can I buy it? <3

Edit: Does it work out of the box or is some kind of software required to make it work with XP11?

Edited by Aloneintheskies

On 5/30/2019 at 12:08 PM, cpuwolf said:

hi Rossco,

At this moment, I can confirm superbuy.com is a  feasible way to buy.

Polipay? Alipay?  Alipay you don't know?

Chinese biggest biggest online payment system. if you have a chance, you should come to China having a look.  

you know wallet in China, just forget it... we hang out without it, zero cash.  what I have to take on ? only a smartphone. you can buy everything, really everything in China with smartphone. no cash country. that is how Alipay system works

you should take a look.

Hi cpuwolf have sorted the problem by doing "topup" which allowed me to use Paypal (delayed time) or my own credit card. This was much easier however wasn't obvious at first.

My bank in Australia is very cautious & recommended not to use the payment method suggested by Superbuy. I wasn't too fussed about the app wanting me to log in to my bank via it either. Prefer to keep that very separate from any third party apps or programs. 

Did I read that Quikmake is away at present so delivery is delayed?

49 minutes ago, Rossco said:

Hi cpuwolf have sorted the problem by doing "topup" which allowed me to use Paypal (delayed time) or my own credit card. This was much easier however wasn't obvious at first.

My bank in Australia is very cautious & recommended not to use the payment method suggested by Superbuy. I wasn't too fussed about the app wanting me to log in to my bank via it either. Prefer to keep that very separate from any third party apps or programs. 

Did I read that Quikmake is away at present so delivery is delayed?

he is on a business trip this month. may have some delay

6 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

I found a way to use paypal however it requires me to add money to the account. What is the total cost of the unit plus shipping to the US/Texas.

Hi Kimchi, there is an app to give shipping estimates. They don't ask for payment for shipping till the product reaches the warehouse by the look of it & as cpuwolf pointed out Quickmake is away at the moment.

5 hours ago, cpuwolf said:

he is on a business trip this month. may have some delay

Hi cpuwolf, thanks for the quick reply. Do you know if that is for most of the month? Not in a mad rush just wondering.

3 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

Is it best to just order the product for the listed price and then pay for shipping later?

That is the only way to do it. Superbuy is a middle man/agent for buyers looking to purchase safely from China. You order the product. The seller ships it to the Superbuy warehouse. Superbuy inspects it and then allows you to choose a shipping method. They box it up and ship it to you. I chose DHL, and it was received in less than 5 business days. Shipping was about 25$ with a coupon. So you will have to buy it now, and pay for shipping later. Either way I had no major issues and it works perfect. I can even bind the same keys to other airplanes. Well worth it.

Well Quickmake was true to his name & my QGMC710 was delivered here in Australia yesterday. Thank you QM for your excellent service!

The unit looks fantastic & and all knobs & buttons have a great feel to them so hoping they will last quite a long time.

It has taken me some time to locate the files required & to install in to XPlane. The first link to Github would open the file but not download them. This one worked however https://github.com/quickmake/QGMC710/releases & I downloaded v2 zip file.

Anyway just to clear something up it appears the QGM files do not program the unit with the necessary  XPlane commands to operate the TBM900 is that correct?

I still have to find & allocate these myself? I thought with the files I installed into XPlane from the link that this would automatically be done for me. I'm not that familiar with XPlane to be honest so there may be something I have overlooked.

Really looking forward to using this as soon as I get it sorted.

Edited by Rossco

Really impressed with the QGMC & find it a real joy to use when flying the TBM.

I do have a question though re the VS/FLC adjustment wheel. Is this only for either the VS or FLC or can it be programmed to work with either once they are selected? 

I see it's labeled for the VS in the programming menu however in the aircraft using mouse control it can be used for either VS or FLC IAS. I tried programming my Saitek panel to operate this previously however it didn't work very well.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:08 AM, Rossco said:

Well Quickmake was true to his name & my QGMC710 was delivered here in Australia yesterday. Thank you QM for your excellent service!

The unit looks fantastic & and all knobs & buttons have a great feel to them so hoping they will last quite a long time.

It has taken me some time to locate the files required & to install in to XPlane. The first link to Github would open the file but not download them. This one worked however https://github.com/quickmake/QGMC710/releases & I downloaded v2 zip file.

Anyway just to clear something up it appears the QGM files do not program the unit with the necessary  XPlane commands to operate the TBM900 is that correct?

I still have to find & allocate these myself? I thought with the files I installed into XPlane from the link that this would automatically be done for me. I'm not that familiar with XPlane to be honest so there may be something I have overlooked.

Really looking forward to using this as soon as I get it sorted.

after copy v2 all file into you x-plane, and load TBM9, then in joystick settings, on QGMC710 big picture left bottom side, there is a "reset to default". then it will be done

this hidden functionality few people know...hahaha

Edited by cpuwolf

17 hours ago, Rossco said:

Really impressed with the QGMC & find it a real joy to use when flying the TBM.

I do have a question though re the VS/FLC adjustment wheel. Is this only for either the VS or FLC or can it be programmed to work with either once they are selected? 

I see it's labeled for the VS in the programming menu however in the aircraft using mouse control it can be used for either VS or FLC IAS. I tried programming my Saitek panel to operate this previously however it didn't work very well.

I didn't notice that. but logic is simple:

you are saying mouse control can be either VS or FLC IAS, how to control? only mouse middle scroll?(I will check) 

then if you assign UP/DOWN keys to TBM's designed UP/DOWN VS keys, then they will do the same thing, the mode switch handling will be done inside of  aircraft  code itself.

I don't know Rossco you have any programming background.

anyway I will investigate that

Edited by cpuwolf

Hi cpuwolf, thanks for your help.

I had tried setting to default but when I did it showed all settings as "do nothing", hence my question as to whether the unit had default programming.

No I don't have any programming background but have done a lot of key programming functionality mainly with SPADneXt for my controllers & Saitek panels but wasn't sure which keys to use for the wheel. Will change the settings I have so it will be correct & try the set to default again after saving what I already have.

Again thanks for your help on this.

Well not sure what I'm doing wrong but reinstalled the files for control profiles & it reverted back to "do nothing" for all switches when I selected "reset to default" Including loses all my other controller settings for yoke, pedals & throttle.

Did have a backup of what I had done though.

Am having difficulty finding the commands for QGMC710 DN/UP. Can't find them in the TBM900 sub directory, can you advise where they are? Everything else I have found OK & appears to be working OK.

after copy v2 all file into you x-plane, and load TBM9, then in joystick settings, on QGMC710 big picture left bottom side, there is a "reset to default". then it will be done

the sequence is very important here. you must load TBM900 firstly, then reset. or else you wont get it

1556787651_zbmate_com_obs_addon012019-06-15.jpg.d853b52d8993ce764ef861f2f030eca8.jpg

plus, have you notice that my joystick profile is included in V2. try to use them directly.

I list then all

Button 0: tbm900/actuators/ap/hdg
Button 1: tbm900/actuators/ap/apr
Button 2: tbm900/actuators/ap/nav
Button 3: tbm900/actuators/ap/fd
Button 4: tbm900/actuators/ap/xfr
Button 5: tbm900/actuators/ap/alt
Button 6: tbm900/actuators/ap/vs
Button 7: tbm900/actuators/ap/flc
Button 8: tbm900/actuators/ap/bc
Button 9: tbm900/actuators/ap/bank
Button 10: tbm900/actuators/ap/ap
Button 11: tbm900/actuators/ap/yd
Button 12: tbm900/actuators/ap/vnv
Button 13: tbm900/actuators/ap/spd
Button 14: tbm900/actuators/ap/hdg_sync
Button 15: tbm900/actuators/ap/crs1_dr
Button 16: sim/GPS/g1000n3_hdg_sync
Button 17: tbm900/actuators/ap/crs2_dr
Button 18: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/HDG_DEC
Button 19: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/HDG_INC
Button 20: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/CRS1_DEC
Button 21: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/CRS1_INC
Button 22: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/ALT_DEC
Button 23: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/ALT_INC
Button 24: tbm900/actuators/ap/nose_down
Button 25: tbm900/actuators/ap/nose_up
Button 26: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/CRS2_DEC
Button 27: FlyWithLua/QGMC710/CRS2_INC

ps, I have to admit, X-plane joystick assignment is a great pain till today

Edited by cpuwolf

Hi Cpuwolf,

Thanks for this. I had done as you explained numerous times however the default would always delete any settings I had made & replace with "do nothing". Must have done something wrong somewhere.

Thanks for your list, I can now see the commands required for the wheel & will check the remainder off with what you have. 

I have a PFC Yoke & Throttles with MFG Xwind Pedals so manually changing the QGMC will be quicker for me than to re do all my flight control settings.

Thanks again!!

3 hours ago, Aloneintheskies said:

Any updates? Is there an superbuy link? 

don't hurry. I have to make some review videos for you. make sure it can meet your need.

these days, we are finding and fixing bugs. lots of details are adding into QMCP737C. let's see

• Like 1

Hi Cpuwolf & any others with QGMC710.

I appear to be having an issue with the FLC operation.

The scrolling wheel works perfectly when in VS mode however when I select FLC it becomes sporadic & the IAS jumps in large segments & usually eventually sets itself at 271kts & cannot be moved from there even if using the mouse.

I have reinstalled the TBM & confirmed my programming of the QGMC is the same as shown above however this issue still persists.

The QGMC is working correctly however I think maybe there is an issue with my software?

Appreciate any help.

B737 module looks great!

I was thinking though the biggest issue I now have with the TBM is controlling the G1000 with my mouse & keeping it positioned in the correct place to scroll through pages & change the range. Probably because I use TrackIR. Would be great if Quickmake would look at doing the controller for that. :-)

On 6/18/2019 at 7:11 AM, Rossco said:

Hi Cpuwolf & any others with QGMC710.

I appear to be having an issue with the FLC operation.

The scrolling wheel works perfectly when in VS mode however when I select FLC it becomes sporadic & the IAS jumps in large segments & usually eventually sets itself at 271kts & cannot be moved from there even if using the mouse.

I have reinstalled the TBM & confirmed my programming of the QGMC is the same as shown above however this issue still persists.

The QGMC is working correctly however I think maybe there is an issue with my software?

Appreciate any help.

B737 module looks great!

I was thinking though the biggest issue I now have with the TBM is controlling the G1000 with my mouse & keeping it positioned in the correct place to scroll through pages & change the range. Probably because I use TrackIR. Would be great if Quickmake would look at doing the controller for that. :-)

I did confirm it works. 

Button 24: tbm900/actuators/ap/nose_down
Button 25: tbm900/actuators/ap/nose_up

is it possible you had the wrong operation of FLC? can you record a video or something else that we can look at

for G1000 scroll page and change range, I bind these keys to my thrustmaster throttle switches. it works perfectly. you can think about it on your joystick. if you have thrustmaster A10 flight stick, you can use my profile file