Red crosses over instruments in pfd and g1000

Captain744

Hello there, After completing a successful circuit and 1st landing the plane was successfully shutdown saved in xplane and then revisited about 30 minutes later. On turning on the crash bar and battery Iv now discovered my prop rpm,ng,itt, comms and navs display all have a Red Cross over them. Can anyone tell me why this is? What did I miss? (No faults reported in maintenance) This happened in the x-plane beta once before so I reverted back to the latest non beta version, (created new airframe )thinking this was down to a conflict with the beta. 

Many thanks 

Lee. 

3 hours ago, Captain744 said:

Hello there, After completing a successful circuit and 1st landing the plane was successfully shutdown saved in xplane and then revisited about 30 minutes later. On turning on the crash bar and battery Iv now discovered my prop rpm,ng,itt, comms and navs display all have a Red Cross over them. Can anyone tell me why this is? What did I miss? (No faults reported in maintenance) This happened in the x-plane beta once before so I reverted back to the latest non beta version, (created new airframe )thinking this was down to a conflict with the beta. 

Many thanks 

Lee. 

Yeah.  I've noticed this too.  Whenever I save a situation and go back to it, go through the process of putting power on the aircraft, I get no primary electric.  The engine gauges have X's through them and no cockpit lights.  I checked everything on the maintenance page everything appears to be fine.  When I restart X-Plane and start a new flight w/o going into the saved flights menu. Things are fine.  I only see this after trying to save a situation involving the TBM and trying to use it.

Hope this makes sense. ;)

Well I reinstalled the aircraft setup a new airframe did a couple of circuits landed, saved my plane location. Loaded up today, turned on the crash bar and the same thing. Red Crosses on rpm,no,itt and COMMS. Also noticed in RA FAIL in yellow. Also my altitude is zero even though I have the correct QNH. I am able to resolve all this by choosing to go to another parking location in xplane flight configuration then all is ok after the plane has moved to a different ramp? Any ideas on what’s going on Gorman?

Edited by Captain744

13 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Does it always happen at that location?

Does it always get fixed if you start up at a different airport?

Can you check at a few different airports, and post back the results?

What airports are you using and what airports give you the red XX's?  (Want to see on my system)

1. If I save a situation after having flown, parked and shutdown the aircraft and then start s new session from  "Load Saved Flight" menu item after restarting XP; yes.

2. No.  It fixes itself if I click on: "Create New Air Frame".

3.I have saved situations at different airports with the same results (again, the parameters have to be the same as #1 and I fly 3rd party aircraft exclusively and have no problems with the other aircraft).

4. Currently, KPWK (my home airport), KCMI, KORD, KSNA and KBNAl  One thing all those airports have in common is that they are 3rd party scenery.  KPWK and KCMI are free downloads. The rest are payware.

FWIW, I have tried restarting the aircraft from the saved KPWK situation after moving it to another airport KLAX (a default airport) and no X's on the engine instruments. I'll try saving eh TBM at LAX and report back.

Thanks for sticking with this and the help.

Edited by jomama

Hi Goran,

Okay, I tried a few things for you: First, I did a fresh start at KMDW (a default airport), at the FBO.  I started the aircraft and taxied it around; then parked it, shut it down, and saved it.  Closed X-Plane and then restarted it loading from "Load Saved Situations"; turned on the battery and here's what I got:

TBM900_5.png

Edited by jomama

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

What happens if you don't load a saved flight?

Can you try to shut down the sim, without saving, then restart and click on "resume last flight"?

After that, reload the sim and select "Start new flight" with the TBM.

Please report back.

It works fine when loading a new flight or on "resume last flight" after ending a flight and the aircraft is shut down.  Just when loading a saved situation.  Go figure. ;)

Edited by jomama

• 1 year later...