Parking brake warning while in flight

Panxua

Is it a bug?

I am completing a full range of familiarization flights (stall triggering, lazy eight) and navigation flights without engaging autopilot, and, at various occasions, in the course of cruise, the Park Brake warning has suddenly rang, and, eventually the rotating knob was in the brake position without a cause.

Any solution?

Thank you in advance

Ricardo's suggestion is good  . He has taken the time to try and help you.

If you don't try to see which keys  on your setup are assigned to the Park Brake , you may never find the solution.

Given that the park prake is a progressive function when operated by mouse , just like the throttle , how do you know there is no cross talk unless you check ?

Checking the assignments of key strokes ,throttles ,buttons etc is always a good idea , I have found that a command assigned to two different keyboard letters or a throttle quadrant & keyboard may and often do cause unexplained behaviour.

As an example , if I use my throttle lever on the  CH throttle quadrant and there is a throttle assignment on the keyboard the throttle response in game  is occasionally very odd.

• Like 1

@fireone

Thank you for your remark. My purpose was not to dismiss Ricardo's argument. This suggestion was indeed totally relevant. So much so that I experimented this kind of problem in a conflict between centering my view in TrackIR and the cut-off position of the power lever. In my current setup, I deprogrammed the "B" key on my keyboard to allow some AP selection. My parking brake is now assigned to an almost hidden button on my Saitek Throttle Quadrant! This is the reason why I was wondering.

I sincerely apologize if I hurted Ricardo's feelings

To all interested in this topic...

Ricardo's suggestion proved most likely right.

The warning reiterated once again yesterday, at the moment I disengaged PA to land on a small airfield, both hands on the yoke. I therefore decided to look for all assignations on my Saitek yoke, and discovered that behind the right handle was a rotating knob with three positions, the first one being programmed with the brake. Its quite puzzling, but I deprogrammed it, and my today's flight went without any problem.

Thank you to all guys having taken two minutes two answer my worry.

Have nice flights on Hot Start TBM!

This also happend to me when assigning the parking break to my pos 1 and Pos 2 knob on my old Saitek Aviator joystick which is seriously due to be retired! The switch is somehow defective causing the parking break alert in mid flight.

I am waiting for Vkb to sell their joystick and pedals on Amazon.ca sice shipping is too expensive from the X-Plane.org store plus the exchange rate is killing me, and I do not trust USPS lol!