Left hand side menu

pbrazendale

Hi,

there is a bug in 1.1.1, I am using 11.26 of Xplane not beta, I’m on a dual monitor setup if I go full screen which is my default then I loose the left side menu bar making the plane unusable as you can’t access the maintenance manager etc.

if I switch to windowed mode then the menu comes back, can this please be raised as a bug and fixed it’s got to be a simple tweak.

to clarify this is on 11.26 of Xplane not beta, and v 1.1.1 of the TBM.

They've changed the behavior of the XPLMGetAllMonitorBoundsGlobal function in Beta 5 and flipped the way it represents the top and bottom screen coordinates. This is what's messing up our window positioning. I'm hesitant to go change our code, because who knows if they won't revert it back to the older behavior in Beta 6.

17 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

They've changed the behavior of the XPLMGetAllMonitorBoundsGlobal function in Beta 5 and flipped the way it represents the top and bottom screen coordinates. This is what's messing up our window positioning. I'm hesitant to go change our code, because who knows if they won't revert it back to the older behavior in Beta 6.

hahaha good point

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Additionally, is it possible to create a configuration file that would run the simulation with the aircraft in a specific configuration (e.g. with covers removed, doors closed)?

I understand that the idea was to reflect real life as faithfully as possible, a situation in which the pilot sits at the controls of a plane freshly prepared for flight... but this is the way. It's not user-friendly to repeat it after every crash.

1 hour ago, mihauzb said:

I mean it would be nice... to being able to completely turn-off, like checkbox in setting/preferences to hide it at any time.

We thought about that, and the problem is, if it were a checkbox in a menu, that would mean people who wanted to enable or disable chocks, or access the maintenance manager, they would have to open a side menu, to access the checkbox, and then to enable the clickspots/menu items for the different maintenance items by checking or unchecking a checkbox.  The automatic method was used to make it easier for everyone.  It's all done for you.

1 hour ago, mihauzb said:

Additionally, is it possible to create a configuration file that would run the simulation with the aircraft in a specific configuration (e.g. with covers removed, doors closed)?

You could always just not put the covers back on.  With regards to the doors, and I say this all due respect, but is it really a problem to do 2 mouse clicks to close and then lock the door?  In saying that, we've made this aircraft to simulate real world ops, as if you were really owning it.  When you park an aircraft, all these things are done.  Scenario's were never planned.

51 minutes ago, mihauzb said:

No, it dont... 

I stand corrected.  When the aircraft starts moving, the side menu slides out of view.  When it stops, it will come back out.

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

We thought about that, and the problem is, if it were a checkbox in a menu, that would mean people who wanted to enable or disable chocks, or access the maintenance manager, they would have to open a side menu, to access the checkbox, and then to enable the clickspots/menu items for the different maintenance items by checking or unchecking a checkbox.  The automatic method was used to make it easier for everyone.  It's all done for you.

But we have the the master PC and sleeve-external viwer. On the second (external) one we would like to have only view (as it's named) with no menu at any time.

You could always just not put the covers back on.  With regards to the doors, and I say this all due respect, but is it really a problem to do 2 mouse clicks to close and then lock the door?  In saying that, we've made this aircraft to simulate real world ops, as if you were really owning it.  When you park an aircraft, all these things are done.

ok... this is the way when you do the flight with the whole procedure done. But when you need restart the flight for any reason few times per hour it is really odd.

Scenario's were never planned.

it's a pity.

I stand corrected.  When the aircraft starts moving, the side menu slides out of view.  When it stops, it will come back out.

Correct. It does disappear on moving, not of brakes-off as you mentioned earlier. 

Another option - perhaps just add the maintenance manager to the menu system much the same as we can use for getting to the additional info for ECS / gear / engine etc - and then have a checkbox that hides it all the time when the aircraft isn't moving?

Can't say it bothers me, but would seem like something pretty easy to impliment.

• Upvote 1