Cabin lights - not working for me

Merlins51

I loaded into the aircraft at night and attempted to turn on the cabin lights, but with no success, with the cabin remaining too dark to find any of the switches.  The panel lighting worked and I could adjust them with the rheostat, but I was unable to illuminate the cabin using either the cabin or access switch.  I tried both with and without engine running.

Is this a known issue or is there an internal X-Plane setting that I need to either turn on or off?  Would appreciate any help.

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread so far. But I always have HDR active yet the cabin lights make no discernible difference to cabin visibility or operability. The roof light comes on so I assume it must be operational as designed  The access light does help.  I have checked for damage and all is AOK in the lighting maintenance section. Trouble is I seem to be forever tweaking the NVidia Desktop Colour Settings to find a happy marriage between internal and external (scenery) lighting. Even in daylight it's an issue for me to get a really clear and clear view of the panel. Thank goodness for the pop-ups. Except early and late afternoon flights when the low sun provides more than enough natural  light to show up the panel in all its texture and colour glory. 

I see one forum member showing off the HUD!  I have no idea how he did that, can someone help?  Apologies if I just plain missed it in the docs. In the same vein, is there any formal guidance as to the correct use of the small pop-up device on the glareshield? Through usage I've seen that a single green seems to indicate you're pretty much 'on the money' in the approach. But perhaps there more to it?    

This is such a brilliant sim. Up with the best if not the best I've come across. Support likewise. Many thanks to all concerned for this classic.

Not having being a lover of the pre-GTN Garmin units (too tricky for me in a sim, which as many of us know, is a darn sight harder to fly than the real thing.)  Still, in this case, it has been a privilege getting to grips with the G1000 manipulation protocols so as to be able to operate this thing. A bit frustrating getting my head around the places where the HotStart G1000 might deviate from the real aircraft (as described in the huge Published TBM Garmin Guide). Trial and error, contributed videos and coffee were all a great help.

Long shot. Is there such a thing as Hotstart G1000 idiots guide or list of tips? Maybe someone has recorded such a thing for their own use that they might care to share?  Then again, the number of departures from the real one may be too few to bother.  

Regards

Hi SUAS14,

The access light is my goto when I first get in the plane.  Once you've got either the battery or GPU powering the plane you can enable the cabin lights from the over head panel but you will still need to turn them on above each of the passenger seats.

With regards to the HUD, it's a little fold up device on top of the glare shield that you should be able to fold up.

Regards

Edited by boredtechie

Thanks boredtechie ...

Using the Access lights then a couple of the ceiling lights works fine for me!  

As for the HUD I am familiar with the one you mentioned but there are a couple of pics in another TBM thread showing a regular Boeing style HUD.  I'll try and find it again in case I got the wrong of the stick. 

Lastly I just installed the very latest update 1.1.4b.  Two updates in two days?  No supporting release notes. Yet. My FPS have dropped noticeably.  I'll run a clean check in  the morning and may revert to 1.1.4.

Cheers   

2 hours ago, SUAS14 said:

Thanks boredtechie ...

Using the Access lights then a couple of the ceiling lights works fine for me!  

As for the HUD I am familiar with the one you mentioned but there are a couple of pics in another TBM thread showing a regular Boeing style HUD.  I'll try and find it again in case I got the wrong of the stick. 

Lastly I just installed the very latest update 1.1.4b.  Two updates in two days?  No supporting release notes. Yet. My FPS have dropped noticeably.  I'll run a clean check in  the morning and may revert to 1.1.4.

Cheers   

How the HUD works...

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/15491-aoa-hud-in-vr-dont-work/?do=findComment&comment=135756