Normal climb speed

sho69607

I guess that more or less a recommendation. I prefer (if traffic and departure restriction allow and how heavy the a/c is) to climb out with 124 at first, than speed up to 140-150 and from FL240 upwards to continue with M0.4 to FL300/310. But if you like to get fast onto cruise level, keep it at 124. If wx allows to turn off the inertial separator quickly after departure, you have enough power to climb even with 170 til your final cruise altitude. 

the manual suggest 124 kts for the best rate of climb or 170 kts best can't remember what

but 124 is barely used in real life because ATC doen't like slow speed. i was told that pilot woud use speed between 140-160.

But if you are making < 250Nm flight, 170 kts is not bad as you have a higher ground speed. But if you have a long flight, better uses speed close to 124 in order to get quickly to cruise in order to reduce fuel consumption

3 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

the manual suggest 124 kts for the best rate of climb or 170 kts best can't remember what

but 124 is barely used in real life because ATC doen't like slow speed. i was told that pilot woud use speed between 140-160.

But if you are making < 250Nm flight, 170 kts is not bad as you have a higher ground speed. But if you have a long flight, better uses speed close to 124 in order to get quickly to cruise in order to reduce fuel consumption

170 KIAS would be the "cruise climb" speed.  It's an arbitrary speed chosen by Socata...choose any speed where the aircraft still climbs.  If you want to climb at best rate, remember that Vy decreases with altitude, about 10 knots per 10,000 for most turboprops.