Sukhoi 100 Superjet Package

john82088

I bought it but I'm not home until Saturday night, so until then I can't tell you what I think  :) First thing that had me laughing was the size of this thing! 950mb! That's unbeleivable for an X-Plane Acf addon...

950MB? That's gotta be one of the top aircraft add-on sizes out there!

Let us know what you think. I'm interested too!

Edit: Looks like the trusty ole' guys at XP 10 blog already have initial comments covered: http://xplane10.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/first-look-sukhoi-superjet/

I bought it but I'm not home until Saturday night, so until then I can't tell you what I think  :) First thing that had me laughing was the size of this thing! 950mb! That's unbeleivable for an X-Plane Acf addon...

950MB? That's gotta be one of the top aircraft add-on sizes out there!

Let us know what you think. I'm interested too!

Edit: Looks like the trusty ole' guys at XP 10 blog already have initial comments covered: http://xplane10.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/first-look-sukhoi-superjet/

Damn, I've got a somewhat high end rig with 2.67 quad core, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and 1GB Vram, and I'm worried I'm gonna be cringing for fps!

Yep guys, I was just proof reading with Chip before, in fits of laughter at the massive specs of his new machine and it still fogging up (who really needs 24gb of memory?)Looks a promising craft, but clearly more work needed. I told Chip to log a bug report as soon as he gets up, worrying crashes of his Mac caused by the plane.

I see from the org release post that a complete light texture set is supplied - would be interesting to hear what effect this has on that machine.

Hehe interesting to have those probs on the mac pro, but while it's a great machine, it is I think largely unutilised in x-plane 9 (but set to rule in xp10) - lots of cores not fully used, the ram not used etc. Especially when coupled with hefty scenery.

I imagine better performance would be seen on an overclocked i7 with a high end video card. Isn't there a thread over there that allows people to post specs and a benchmark score?

Probably right Kesomir, as Chips computer doesn't seem that much more faster than my i7 920, but once xp takes better advantage of the cores. Even with mine, I'll often have 4 or more of the virtual cores twiddling their thumbs, or doing other things. Could be good times when 10 is out!

I just bought it. I only got about five minutes but was able to do a manual landing. It's definitely worth getting.

How's the FPS Rush?

It's much better than expected. I have a powerful computer though. What are your specs? I'd give mine but I'm away from home at the moment. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

Great news, Ramzzess has made big improvements to fps performance thanks to Chip's early review, you'll see R's comments among the many comments in the blog review. Bother, I was hoping it wasn't going to be fixed, it's gonna be an expensive month!

I just bought it. I only got about five minutes but was able to do a manual landing. It's definitely worth getting.

How's the FPS Rush?

It's much better than expected. I have a powerful computer though. What are your specs? I'd give mine but I'm away from home at the moment. Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

Yep I'm in the car on the way home from a week long trip to France, I'm downloading the ssj first thing! Out of my 8.5th flight from Paris to Atlanta I spent about 7 hours in the jumpseat, the other 1.5 hours were dedicated to learning the SSJ systems! Thank god for iPads and ebook having the ability to read PDFs :) but Rush, I've got quad 2.67, 8th ddr3 Ram, and 1Gb VRAM.

How's the FPS Rush?

Yep I'm in the car on the way home from a week long trip to France, I'm downloading the ssj first thing! Out of my 8.5th flight from Paris to Atlanta I spent about 7 hours in the jumpseat, the other 1.5 hours were dedicated to learning the SSJ systems! Thank god for iPads and ebook having the ability to read PDFs :) but Rush, I've got quad 2.67, 8th ddr3 Ram, and 1Gb VRAM.

Are the systems hard to learn and understand? I haven't made a huge effort to learn IFR and FMS yet, but I really need to.

Hmm it depends, it's about being used to it. If you know how an airplane's systems basically work it will be somewhat easy to learn them, but if you have no idea then you might wanna study a little... of course it depends on the aircraft though!

the plane looks amazing, but i can hear my computer moaning and groaning at the thought of flying this bird at max-settings.

will my macbook pro (2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHzDDR3) handle it or will i have to fly in CAT III conditions  :)?

I have a Macbook Pro similar to yours and it flies pretty well in 20 mile visibility.

Hello,

Indeed the plane is really eye candy the fps are dependant on many variables but at 1920 x 1080, 4x anti alias, 4x aniso filter, obejcts lots, all pixel shaders and 3d clouds with a core i-5 3.33 ghz, 8 gb ram and a gtx 460 1 gb in Win 7 64 bits I'm getting between 20 and 35 fps as I said is very dependant on many variables and this is still subjective but the experience is good. The 3d sound (like fsx) is good and no problem with the open-al. The plane seems to have some bugs (sound problems in mac version), users are posting about them, I've found some bugs also like the wingflex been inverted, you perform a high g and the wings flex down not up and the wings flex effect seems to be too sensitive to the turbulence for my taste (very floppy wings). The author is promising to check the bugs very soon. Performance wise again you should (if you like) use the low res liveries, there are many! that's the reason for the 950 mb, it includes a nice paintkit. Finally the VC is amazing! and I would remove the passengers, they look too cartoonish. As a final note I think the plane has a great potential and includes new and innovative features never seen.

Alex